THIS AND THAT





First up is this......you might not know it but I have just been a foster Mom to Cami.  I emailed Fiona [head of OES rescue] to let her know I wanted to adopt her.  It's been a little over 2 months now and I can not believe how much she has changed.

She went from crazy......


To calm.....

I actually got an email from the previous owner [Phyliss] in Florida.  I have been keeping her updated on her progress....

What wonderful news!

 Of course, I cried after reading the email. I still miss Cami terribly but I know she is in the best home I could possibly ask for her. Sherry I can't thank you enough for your patience and your great abilities to set her on a happy and normal path. 

Fiona thank you for your patience with me and your placement with Sherry. I can't thank you enough.

Aug 17 Cami will be two. She has many, many years of a happy life thanks to you both.

Please continue to keep me in the loop.
All the very best, 

Phyllis

That was all I needed to know I did the right thing:)

This face.

No more meds.  I still think about my sweet Patchy but Cami and I are getting along nicely!

In other news I am so excited to be going to NYC to help Sudi with the market up there.  This is her first time so I will let you all know our location and you can come by and say HI!

Here are a few pillows that are going....






Gah.....of course I want every stinking one of them.

I had to run by Ikea and I am always amazed at some of the things I find.


This great fabric.....

And if you were on a budget.....here is Schumacher's Hot House Flower



And Ikea's version.....

I know right?  Not a bad alternative.

I am on the hunt for a coffee bar backsplash so I took a stroll through Ann Sacks Tile....






 Boy....this is going to be a hard decision after seeing so many selections.

I am excited to see this install happen.  Office cabinets that are painted navy on the outside and a blue/green on the inside...why can't they be for me:(



 And last....this great idea.

Gold leaf edge on a glass table.  I slapped my head when I saw it.

That was my week.  Hope y'all had some awesomeness going on!

Shayfab





17 comments

René said...

I'm so happy for you and your sweet girl. That face! Have a great time in NYC!

Cassie Bustamante said...

aaaw, i just wanted to say i am so happy for you both! you both deserve all the love you will give one another!

My Notting Hill said...

Love your update posts!

Christie at Lacefield said...

Hope to see you in NY! We are in booth 2470 at Javits - hope y'all are nearby!

Sharon Williams said...

Great news about Cami! Every time you share Sudi's pillows I tell myself I'm going to take a sewing class so I can make some that are just as gorgeous. Any day now...

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

This made my heart so happy. I just knew I loved you! Great job with Cami - getting her calm and feeling loved.

Sarah said...

Cami looks like the sweetest! And I need every single one of those pillows!

pam {simple details} said...

Aww, you are such a gem, lucky Cami!! Thanks for the pillow fix! :)

Anne said...

Love all those blue/white pillows! Would you share the fabric names, please???

KATHYSUE said...

I think I could have taken almost every single pillow you showed, and I agree, Ikea has some great fabrics. Cami's little face says it all, what a lucky girl to have your in her life! Enjoy your trip to NYC!!!!
xo Kathysue

Mary Beth at www.mbzinteriors.com said...

So sweet! We have a 1 1/2 yr old Golden who is absolutely wild. We got him off a website for very little money from a woman in a townhome about a year ago. He looks like a show dog but I don't think she knew what to do with his energy. I would not say he is calm now but he is much better and he is learning manners little by little. One of these days - but not too much in the future - we will get new furniture, which he totally trashed! We're nutz but happy with our beasts.

Maureen said...

So happy for you and for Cami! Congratulations!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I really think Chief calmed down at age two....yay...sort of a milestone for you.

barbara said...

Your dog is extra lucky to be with you!

As far as the backsplash tile goes, the first one although very cool seems like a dusting nightmare. Anytime I see tile (or anything else for that matter) that has a definite edge that sticks out I see a ledge for dust (like a base board) Just a thought!

Unknown said...

What a cute pup! I see she is sporting a summer cut like ours is. And I have throw pillow envy. I love all those patterns.

Marion Darbyshire said...

No meds! Well done - Cami looks so peaceful and content. That just makes my heart happy for you both! Of course the pillows are amazing and I wish I could see them in person. One day:)

michele said...

i just think you are the most precious little dumplin in the south or anywhere. keep spreading the love and bringing all the smiles, sherry. peace.

Back to Top