NEW YORK





What a trip!  

First of all let me just say I am not fond of flying.  I believe I have put that out there a few times before.  

Here is the scenario.  Thunderstorms coming home and me grabbing a complete strangers arm during turbulence [who was about 25 years old].  You can draw your own conclusion as to what she was thinking......but I am sure it was along the lines of "crazy weirdo better let go of my arm".

Here's where it started....me with my comfortable shoes on from UGG which I found at Nordstrom's.  Stripe bag from at Gap on sale for 10.00.  I couldn't find it on their website anymore:(

 
The booth.....which Rose and Sudi had to set up on Saturday.  I swooped in on Sat night just in time for dinner.  Good planning on my part huh:)


She had some pretty ones right?


Steve Mckenzie's water color prints exclusive for Sudi.


After we got there Sunday morning I took off for a while to walk the isles.....9 miles of them!

It was like I imagined heaven might be.

One of the first places I stumbled across was Canopy Designs Ltd.
 
Holy Christmas....I almost needed oxygen.  


That green one gave me the chills.  They are a boutique lighting company based in NYC where most everything is manufactured.  Merrie Shinder has been in business since 1993 and has a retail store on East 59th Street in Manhattan.





How about this gem.....
Remember when Amber used it in a DR project.

Here is another Canopy Design used in a space.
Peppermint Bliss

We went to a great place for dinner Sunday night.  Le Relais de Venise  
Yum x's a 100.  All they serve is steak, french fries and a salad.  


Rose, Sudi and me.

I left the show on Monday at 2:00 and arrived at the gate by 4:00.  My flight wasn't until 6:00 but everybody freaked me out about traffic.  Of course it was 2 hours late so that made for a long time at JFK.  Lucky for me I got to hang out in the Crown Room and eat a gazillion chocolate chip cookies.

Here is a picture of me in my sugar high......

Why does my hair looks like Bob's Big Boy.

I have so much more to share.  At least 8 more vendors that were new to me!

Talk later.

Shamazed




13 comments

Emily A. Clark said...

Only you could pull Bob's Big Boy hair off :) And, I'm totally with you on the flying thing. Hate it.

Beautiful pillows!

Holly said...

Those light fixtures are stunning!

Sharon Williams said...

Thanks for the giggle this morning! Are Big Boys still around? The light fixtures are gorgeous. The green one is crazy in a good way.

Julie said...

What an experience for you! And those light fixtures are making my mouth gape open...gorgeous! (By the way, I really like those UGG shoes, too.)

Vel Criste said...

LOL! Glad you still made it though! In love with that green fabulous chandy too and that cherry blossom fixture!

Kathysue said...

YOU always make me laugh and inspire me at the same time!! You are so beautiful, inside and out, plus a mega-talent!
Kathysue

StagerLinda said...

Thumbs up for the selfie and Big Boy reference. You are GOR-ge-OUS!

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

You crack me up!!! Love that Gap bag & Uggs.......very stylish, and the Hair, fabulous too:)
xo
Holly

René said...

You look amazing! Grab my arm any time :).

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Amazing lighting! Still lots of navy blue in fabric...love it!

Melissa said...

I love the chandelier, the pillows, and your hair, not necessarily in that order! Did you have to wait in line for the restaurant?

Cindy said...

You look amazing!! Wow! damn, i want to look that good! Funny about the flying, ... you will not catch me on a guided missile loaded with jet fuel 20,000 feet in the air... noooo
I love the light fixtures... the little round one with the flowers, must find that!

Cindy

Unknown said...

Thanks for the valuable information insights you have so provided here...
IKEA Metod

Back to Top