Some pretties...

It is the most glorious weekend here in Atlanta.  Perfect weather.  Yesterday, we had an appointment up near my partners neck of the woods.  I had not been to her home all summer [it is 35 minutes away] and she had made some changes to her decor!  Of course I snapped away to show you guys her style.

I think I have mentioned before that Denise has a great "styling eye".  I always love her vignettes.

I love the wooden shoe molds.  I used to have some of those....wonder where I put them.

This is on her kitchen table.  The runner is old heavy linen.

She got the picture at Homegoods.....the spool at Scott's.

New pillows on her couch.  Of course she got the grain sack at Scott's.  Love the buttons on top.

I tried to get a view of those cute buttons.
Nice pillow style.


I love the imperfection of the gourds.


Once again Homegoods saves the day with some great lanterns in just her colors!  Gray, black, cream, and a small amount of gold.
How cute are these???  I wanted them to start dancing like in the movie Fantasia!  They have personality.
Collection of clocks on the mantel.  Anyone remember those circle things from Target?
Her collection of egg prints [sorry about the glare].  Love how she framed them out with the dark gray mats.

Her look is very "haberdashery" style.  Lots of houndstooth, with a slight masculine feel.  When I first met Denise 10 years ago, she had florals in this room.  I think she was so over that look, she went to the complete other side.  It now has a very warm feeling to it.
Her curtains.  I remember when we bought that fabric for like 10.00 a yard.  There was just enough to recover her sofa and make the window treatments.  By the way...a heavy quilted fabric really looks nice in treatments.

Closeup. Duh :)
Just wanted to show you how nice they hang.


Notice how the door is painted the same color as the walls?  It is a great color....Ben Moore:  Texas Leather.  Remember Bombay Co. ?  I think they went out of business but she got the light fixture there about 4 years ago.  It was right when drum shades were coming in.  I remember it was pretty cheap...cause when that happens, we start dancing in the isles like "soul train" dancers.  It is not something you want to watch.  It works for us though....
Yes, I know...words.  Everyone is doing it but she did this at least 2 years ago before EVERYONE else...swear!  Anyway, I like this one.


Denise LOVES her some Asian.  Her foyer is 2 stories and that screen is huge.  It helps fill the space.
Also hanging in the foyer......

I think I will save the LR for another day!  One thing you need to know.  You can pop in to see her anytime, any day, or any time OF the day.  Nothing will be out of place.  Swear.  She makes her bed everyday.  When I first met her, I thought maybe they secretly lived in the in law suite in the basement.  But dang, that place is spotless too.  I seriously do not know how she does it with 2 kids and 3 cats.  My pillows are always all over the place.  No matter how hard I try.  It just escapes me.

Oh yea...one more thing.  I made a discovery about  paper towels.  Now I am sure you will all have a chuckle about this but Viva paper towels ROCK.  Am I the last to know about these?  Was there a memo everyone kept from me?  Compared to the cheap ass things I used to buy I could use these  as sheets.  Like egyptian cotton.  For real.  Go see.

Happy Sunday People.




17 comments

Angela said...

Beautiful home!! and you're right about Viva...no other paper towels will do!

Kitty Deschanel said...

This looks beautiful :) I especially love that curtain!

Courtney said...

LOVE Viva! They're like towels almost. And wow.. I LOVE her windows! Was I supposed to be looking at the decor? LOL.

AntiqueChase said...

Really pretty elements here!

Lilacandgrey said...

great stuff!!!

Lilacandgrey said...

Come enter this adorable Giveaway! Lilac and Grey Giveaway

Julie Holloway said...

She is SO good, too! Her style really reminds me of yours....no wonder y'all work together.

What would us Atlanta folk do without homegoods?

Where did she get the white gourd lamps with black shades? That is my favorite vignette. Julie

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

OMG! How am I just now finding you?! Okay seriously...you are the business! I took a glimpse at your website because I'm not near my computer right now. Okay, I must go back and see some more of your portfolio and become a follower of your blog!

Thanks again for coming by mine. AND I will give you the details on the meet up!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Oh, and I love your partners home! And you must show us the living room! And yes, Viva paper towels are the best! My mom thinks I'm crazy to pay the money for them, but its my little luxury;-)

Kelly said...

OMG! You must show us more of her beautiful home! I want large shots (not these little close-ups). I can't see the room and I'm sure that's the best part. I know what you mean about going over to someone's house and always seeing it in perfect condition. I don't know what to make of that either. Do they really LIVE in their homes? No way. I'm clean, but messy sometimes with 2 kids and a dog. That's life and it's not going to change. Looking forward to more great pics...........of the whole room. Ha!

Deserae said...

OMG...what a wonderful home she has!!! *sigh* I can't believe you are making us wait to see the living room! Shame on YOU! LOL...I am the queen of Windex and paper towels and I have never tried those before. Now I have to look for them...I must be living under a rock?!?!??!
~Des

Chats with Jack said...

I love all of her details and it's not surprising at all that you are partners! When I saw the first picture I thought it was your house. :-) The pillows are divine!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Wow do I love that Asian screen in the foyer - so textural. And thanks for the Viva tip - still using cheap-ass option myself!

A Perfect Gray said...

you guys are a hoot! how do you ever get anything productive done? you're too darn funny.

great place your Denise has, there. I enjoyed every minute...

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

She has a fantastic home. I love all the small details that make a home special.
Hugs, Sherry

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

LMAO!! Viva! I will get some and try them out...as sheets maybe!!

This room is scrumptious! I love the fabric in those window treatments! Seriously...LOVE IT!

Gorgeous rooms!!

Soul train dancing...LMAO

Lou Cinda :)

My Interior Life said...

You're not the last to know about Viva - apparently I am. I've been using Bounty all these years. Must give Viva a chance.

And your partner has great style! Thanks for sharing her home.

Back to Top