I need an opinion!!!

A friend of mine, Angie,  recently "stole" a house, I say that because it was on the market for $375 thousand and they purchased it for $205 thousand.  It is a cute little 2 bedroom/2 bath bungalow.  Of course it needs some work taking down walls inside, updating bathrooms, but it is in a great location near the Emory area in Atlanta.  

I went over the other day to take a peek as the guys were there starting a little demo.  The whole house is painted pink!  Yep.  You can't miss it.  BUT.....when I saw these doors I was adamant that she not change the color.  They both looked at me like I said they were standing in a pile of snakes!  So I said I would put it on my blog for a vote.
That great stone wall goes all across the back yard which is bricked in and very english looking.  Try to look past the pink....and think gray with white trim....
This door leads out of the back yard on the opposite side.
A close up of that same door on the stone wall.
The black door leads into the master bedroom.

So am I crazy?  I am biased because turquoise is my favorite color but I really think it adds to the patina of the house.  Let's hear it...yes or no.


19 comments

René said...

What an adorable bungalow! I love turquoise. What if they leave the doors for last and see how they look when everything else is done?

-Rene

Cute Beams said...

Yep... leave the doors until they have everything else painted, great idea Rene! I think a beautiful taupe/gray color on the house and white trim. Purple doors would be pretty with that color combo, as well.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Oops, read the question wrong...you're only talking about the doors. I like them, but maybe knocked back a notch in intensity.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I said yes, leave them as is while they change the house color, it is most definitely worth a try! They can always change the color later if they decide they don't like it! I wonder how much the color of the house had to do with it not selling until your friends came along, the oddest things can put off buyers these days! Janell

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

How cute!! I love that part of Atlanta too. I hope one day I live in that area.

I think that she should paint the pink before making a decision. I think its hard to say before seeing the other coordinating color!

SHERRY HART said...

I agree with you guys...leave the doors to last. One side note: Probably the only one you see from the street is the door with the circle in it. So I don't think it will over power the look of the house from the street. And...the house is very cottage looking. I will try to get front view of the house.

My Interior Life said...

I'm in agreement with everyone else. Paint the house, leave the doors, see how it looks, then evaluate. It's worth a shot. The color is great and unique.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I LOVE the doors turquoise!! And with gray and white trim? Perfection!!

Lou Cinda :)

suzy said...

WOW! Of course keep the turquoise it's fabulous! I can bet what Erin from House of Turquoise would say. It reminds me of some of what I call the "sugar shacks" in Barbados.

Nichole Loiacono said...

I LOVE the door. Definately keep it. The gray will temper the aqua. The house itself looks adorable too...we need inside pics!

Marcus Design said...

Thanks so much Sherry for finding me and leading me to your beautiful blog!! So happy to have found it. I love this door!!
Nancy xo

Angie said...

Thanks for your feedback everyone - Sherry, I will never doubt you again! So now, the question is - WHAT COLOR GREY to paint the house???
Angie

Julie Holloway said...

Keep it! I say change the pink to Navajo White--I love the color of the doors. Can't wait to hear what they decided. Have a great weekend, Sherry!

cindi snyder said...

The turquoise doors are great. The pink , must go. I really like the idea of the navajo white. Great looking cottage by the way. You are so right, she stole it!

Privet and Holly said...

I'm biased, because
I love turquoise, but
I might want to add
some paint to antique
it a bit....either white
or black that would
be applied and then
wiped off ~ just to
soften. Absolutely
adorable home and I'd
love to see the inside!
xx Suzanne

Teresa said...

right on sherry!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Love a turquoise or teal door! I'm painting mine teal now! Definitely keep them that color.

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

Oh yeah!!

Back to Top