Dang...I could only live with this for so long!

So here is a picture of my kitchen faucet...
Yep....it was broken for about 2 weeks.  The problem is that it WAS usable so I got used to it!  I finally called out a plumber to hear "yep, it's broken"....really?  That's a newsflash.....

When I bought it about 7 years ago, I thought I would buy a "really good" model that would last forever.  Right.  Forever is 7 years I guess. 
So that meant I could get a new one :) AND here is the one I ordered...
The Kohler "Purist".  Got a great deal here.  I have used them many times and they have great customer service.
It's a good thing I got a deal because they charged me 265.00 to put it in!  AYFKM?  For 20 minutes.  THAT got my husbands attention.  He was shocked.  I was shocked.   Clearly I chose the wrong profession.  I should have been a plumber.  Just think, install 6 of those a day...2 hours work...1,590.00 a day.....7,950.00 a week......you do the math.  

Then I could quit shopping at Homegoods and start shopping anywhere!  No budget for me.

Next...I need to finally change my backsplash.  I picked this out in 1994.  16 years ago....So I was thinking subway tiles...safe I know.   I am going to wrack my pea brain to think of something  different.  Any suggestions?






10 comments

Chats with Jack said...

That price is insane! But your faucet looks beautiful.

What about subway tile with dark grout--or is that still too expected for you? Can't wait to see what you decide. I can't believe that '95 was so long ago. Yikes.

Dharma said...

I will now start preaching to my sons that they give up their respective dreams of med school or engineering and go to trade school! My Lord. No kidding AYFKM? Nice new faucet though. :)

My Interior Life said...

Wow. Plumbers do make a nice living. I love your new faucet! I have subway tile we just put in about 4 years ago in our kitchen, and I still love it. Sometimes the classics won't do you wrong. It's a hand-glazed caramel color so that makes it a bit different from the standard white. Of course, if you're looking for something totally different, I know you've probably seen Julie's kitchen from Milk and Honey Home. I love her backsplash tile - I think it's Walker Zanger, maybe.

Julie Holloway said...

I love antiqued mirror as a backsplash (Tracery Interiors used it and I loved it ever since)

Oh, she's sweet---I just read above. I gotta admit I love ours. It is Walker Zanger. They have so many pretty shapes.

suzy said...

Sherry, I've got a couple suggestions for your back splash. I'll send you a couple jpegs.

SHERRY HART said...

I love Julie's backsplash also!

Unknown said...

Love the new faucet.. I think I would have fallen over with the install bill.. good heavens! xx

René said...

I'm sure you will find something fabulous, but I have always loved subway tile. Can I just say that seeing your faucet all spilled out like that makes me want to cry. Hate it when that happens.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

LMAO!! I got a new sink and faucet over the weekend...luckily Steve can install it....it just takes a few trips to Lowes...THREE TRIPS!! He can do most anything, but plumbing is NOT his favorite! lol 4 hours and 3 trips later sink and faucet are in and functional...live is good!

Yeah, we should have been plumbers! Cool workwear too, low riders!

Lou Cinda :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Back to Top