You're tired of me

The last few post have been all about me...me...me.  I am feeling pretty selfish.  So no me today.  I have to tell you that being a designer in Atlanta, I am so lucky.  We have incredible sources like Scott's, Ballard's Backroom, Pottery Barn outlet, West Elm, and Ikea just to name a few.  There are also individual design stores where you can find incredible and unique things.  Some of them I have featured here like Belvedere and Nicholson Gallery.  

The other day I was over near the West End with a friend who has moved her office to the King Plow Art Center, which is a turn of the century renovated warehouse campus.  They have all kinds of businesses there which include  ballroom dancing, a catering company, and it is also a great place to have a wedding.  While we were driving around the area I saw a store out of the corner of my eye and we about had a wreck as I screamed "turn in there"...."now"!

It was a home store called Redefined.  Oh Lord....what have we here.  Whenever I walk into a place that I can tell I love I literally get chills.  Whoa....here they come.  
Here are some pics before I get too wordy on you guys...I know you like pretty things.  Cut the small talk and get to the goods.

I couldn't quite read the sign as we were whizzing by but I thought it said Refined.  And I kept calling it that until my friend corrected me about a 100 times.  Whatever....
I took this one from the website.  Yes indeed...welcome home!
I love things like this in bookshelves to add some interest.  Most of the unusual things in this store are one of a kinds.
Honestly, old oil cans.
Old typewriters.  Things always look so good when grouped.
Old things look so pretty on bleached wood.
 .
They also had some cool art.  The perfect combination...modern art, old things and beautiful upholstery
Are we loving blue lately?
Not really sure what these are but I want one.
Who doesn't love a pretty bed.....
Or a headboard that makes a statement.
Wish I had a place in my house for an old shelf like this.
More blue.  
Seriously they had the best accessories.
Have some old door hinges?????

Love the fans and the table.
Just another great vignette 
I wanted this...bad.
They had great light fixtures.  Seriously it is worth a trip and there are some great places to have lunch in the area, like Miller Union.

This is a picture of the owner David William D'Ambrosio. His concept for the store stayed true to form with a vast mix of one-of-a-kinds, unique, well made furniture and beautiful art.  Personally I think he accomplished that and more.  I am definitely going to remember this place when accessorizing for my next job.

OK...I said it wasn't about me today but I have to mention Jennifer at Brilliant Chic for featuring my foyer.  She did a post on rooms with stripes [great images for inspiration] and for some reason I made the cut.  Aww...shucks.  Thanks Jennifer.

And then here is a shot of a little something I did on my kitchen counter.
Hope you guys had a great holiday weekend.  It rained here yesterday so my plan to walk down to Lenox and see the fireworks just did not happen.  

I have a busy week [but yea...it is only 4 days long!]...what about you??

Don't forget about the giveaway.  I will pick a winner Thursday.



38 comments

housevintage said...

What a lovely store...wish I was shopping right now!

Kristie said...

Yummy! I love all the light fixtures ~ especially the twig like globes. What a great store.

My Interior Life said...

Don't you love stumbling across a new store that you LOVE? That's the best. Such fun accessories. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

beautiful shop..I think they may have been featured in Atlanta homes and gardens mag awhile back too...
and what a sweet little vignette on your counter too..love the wood cutting boards..a favorite of mine..
maureen

Jessie said...

This store seem to have so many unique and interesting home accessories. I really love the twig globe light fixtures and metal suitcases (pictures from their website). And I also adore those pretty blue bottles and headboard! Great finds, Sherry. You always find the best shops!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Love stores like this too!
I gravitate to old worn things... things with character and things that are not made anymore.
My mom's idea of an antique and what I view as an antique are SO different!
I love this shop and wish I could go there now!
Thanks for telling us about it.
xx
A

Design Elements said...

lovely store

p.s.: not tired...

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Those stores look awesome!

Kristy
www.idesignlove.com

An Urban Cottage said...

****gasp****

I think I just wet my pants!

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Aren't you the FUN SHOP SPOTTER??? I will have to check this place out the next time I'm down that way... still trying to work out a West Elm/Ikea trek, too. Too many places to go!!
Have a great week, Sherry!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

I'd love a shop like this in my area. All of the lighting is so unique, and I never knew I could love old door hinges. Thanks so much for sharing!

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

I was getting a little jealous when you were naming off the big box stores in your area :), we have a Wal-Mart, but then you threw Redefined Home in the mix too..unbelievable! I love everything you photographed from it. I have to visit someday.

The enchanted home said...

What a fun shop indeed......I could make an all day "field trip" out of store like that, great find!

lisaroy said...

I'd love to rummage around in there - I'd be leaving with a car load! :)

Unknown said...

What a store- so much gorgeous!!!

Kathysue said...

This looks like a really fun store to shop in. I never get tired of hearing about what you are up too!!! Love your little vignette!! Kathysue

Marianne said...

Looks like a great shop filled with so many great pieces!!! Wish I lived closer to visit.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Sherry ..why oh why don't I live in Atlanta? Seriously a fun and intriguing shop. So many unique things to get those creative wheels turning. Congrat's on Brilliant Chic featuring your foyer! Have a great short week.

x Deb

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Definitely a cool place! So excited to hit up Scott's on Saturday...will you be there? Would love to meet you in person!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Hi Sherry, I just recently found your blog and am in love. Decor and comedy all rolled into one :)
Anyway, this looks exactly like the kind of shop I could kill a few hours in.

Tessa said...

Oh I love discovering unexpected gems like this one! I recently came across one named George in an old building with brick walls and fabulous worn hardwood floors and stocked with beautiful things for the home! No door hindge art though! :)

My House, My Garden said...

Wow, what a gem! That store looks beautiful! I live in Houston and we are also so, so lucky and have a wonderful selection of low and high price point stores to choose from. I love your breadboards mixed with the seashells. You have had some wonderful posts recently!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

What an eclectic mix of beautiful pieces. I love vintage typewriters! There's no store that compares to this anywhere near me... I'll have to be content with window shopping via your post!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

You are the super-sleuth of design finds! Love that headboard!!!

angela | the painted house said...

I drove by that store recently with the kiddos in the car, so needless to say I didn't go in! For this reason, I appreciate your tour very much!! Great stuff in Refined/Redefined. :)

Lisa Gabrielson said...

I have a hoosier bin just like the one you wanted...and a typewriter, and lots of cool Florida FINDS....but don't come before the 9th. I have been away on vacation, and the store has been ransacked! Lots of new goodies at great prices ready for the weekend. See you!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I'm glad you found this place because we really needed another place to shop. HA!!!! Cute vignette on your counter, too. I recognize that pot ..... :)

Unknown said...

Those blue bottles have my name on them! Seriously- they really do :) That store looks like trouble - I'd die for those typewriters and the fans! Love the art and the light fixtures! What are those cutie pink flowers in that vase in your kitchen? They are so pretty!

Privet and Holly said...

Oh, I miss Atlanta!
My Dad retired from
GP's corporate offices
there in 2000. They
used to live in a little
suburb called Dunwoody
and it was always such
a treat to visit them!
You are right about the
plethora of great shopping
you have at hand. And
the fried oyster caeser salad
at the Buckhead diner!!
xx Suzanne

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Great store...you're so right. Everything old looks fabulous on bleached wood. Instant update. Love the name of the store as well...very clever. Mona

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Sherry- Your pups won my giveaway! The portable pet bowl is all yours: APPLESandRUBIES

We had a great Fourth of July weekend, and canned up some jam in some of the same blue Ball jars that were on the shelves of Redefined! Maybe after the jam is gone I should display them! Ha ha!

Loretta

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Wow! I love that hanging light, too. It would look great in our ski condo (where I am now). I love Atlanta.

Splendid Willow said...

No Dear, it is impossible to ge tired of you.

I would have forced any of my friends to stop the car and "come along too" if I saw a store like that. I think that David is here to stay! (And he might hire you soon!).

Warm hugs,

Mon

Barbara Matson said...

That store is divine. Every time you talk about the amazingness of Atlanta I kick myself that my hubby and I turned down a transfer to Atlanta. Instead we are back in Vancouver where there are very few design inspiring stores! and it rains, rains, rains...

Cindy said...

Ohhhhhhh man, i would have done a U- turn going 50 mph if i saw that shop. What a cool as anything place... thanks for sharing...!

Cindy

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

funny, I was just flipping through Atlanta Homes (yes I subscribe even tho I live in Philly) and saw an ad for them and wanted to check them out. I continue to be envious of the shopping down there!

Bring Pretty Back said...

First - you are sao lucky to live in a place with so many wonderful places to go! What a wonderful post... and also - How could we ever get sick of you!! ( :
Have a PRETTY day!
Kristin

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

Oh man! I want to go there right now!!! Thanks for sharing!

Back to Top