Kitchen pulls

You guys.....I have never received so many comments before!!  So exciting.  You would think I invented black and white stripes!  Every one of you that said you were going to do the same thing.....go right ahead.  I certainly don't own the rights to any of my design ideas....and just like all of you, I find inspiration from everywhere....blogs, magazines, flea markets, you name it.  It's a crap shoot.  Sometimes you nail it....other times, not so much :)  Send me pictures if you do.

There were some questions.  I bought the pillow fabric at Lewis and Sheron Fabrics.  I did not see it online but I was there recently and they had it.  I believe it was something like 19.99@yard.  Maybe you could send them a picture.

The paint is Annie Sloan Chalk paint.  Google it.  It is about the best invention since flip flops.  Rubbed a little Brixwax on it.  NOW I know that you are supposed to wait 24 hours before waxing.  Being prepared is not really my strong point.  When I waxed it the paint started coming off a little in areas.  Plan B....OK it is distressed a little.  I just rolled with it.

You can get those tacks at Hancocks.

2 bloggers featured my foyer so a shout out to Lori May [who I met during the Room Service makeovers] and Amber from Simple Dwellings.  Thank you and I say stripe away people!

I know it is a holiday weekend and most of you have already uncorked the wine and started the festivities.  When you sober up on Tuesday....you can check out my new kitchen pulls.
You likey....?

From Restoration Hardware.  My cabinets are painted BM White Dove.  Seriously people I wanted to paint them a cool color, but it is pretty dang expensive to have those suckers painted.  I have had white for 18 years and it looks like I am going to have white for 18 more.
I did change the outside of my island from beadboard to
The insurance covered it so why not.  

They had a hard time getting the old corbels off the granite and the beadboard.  I was standing right there  hovering and I know they wanted to punch my lights out.  You see they thought they were going to have to take out my kitchen island to run the wood under, but after they pried up the granite and took off the beadboard...well looky there....we didn't have to go to all that trouble at all.  We can run those floors right up to the cabinet.  Oh well....beadboard ruined.  Replacement.  Whoop Whoop.  You know I wanted them to drop my granite.
Uh Uh...there are those white floors again.  Who is going to come to my door and slap me if I say that one more time?  Come on, bring it.  Cause I am going to be that annoying person who just won't shut up about them.  White...white...white.
I actually just threw this in cause of it's beauty.  These are pretty easy to grow and I love the texture of them.  Go get yourself one.

Happy 4th people.....Here in Atlanta they have a little 10K called the Peachtree Road race.  Honestly if you don't run in it you are a loser.  So what who cares.  Not doing it.

Leaving you with a picture of my cute nephew.  He was at my house for 3 days and he wore this the whole time.  He has swag....
Notice the key hanging from the necklace.  It was 95 everyday.  He said kids don't sweat.  Alrighty then.


Sha Dazzle




34 comments

The enchanted home said...

Fabulous in every way. Love the beadboard, the colors and the hardware. You nailed it!!!! Happy July 4th!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the pulls and love that stool. I have never run in that and obviously never will. Too hot and too far for me. Your nephew had to be hot in that. I am hot looking at him. He is cute though. Have a super 4th!

Jessie said...

Adore your pulls and your white floors. They are so gorgeous! And your nephew is adorable, too. He is looking so dashing in his pirate outfit.

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Mary said...

Love the new pulls & paneling. Nice change from your standard beadboard.
Is your cutie-pie nephew trying out for one of those Civil War re-enactments? Or Pirates of Penzance?
What fun color were you going to do the cabinets? I love white cabinets but you seem to have a fresh take on things so I'm curious what you would have done.

Lexi Keppel said...

4 reals, those pulls are sooooo luxe! Love the corbels, I just wish u had white floors ;)

Kathysue said...

Omgosh, did you say you painted your floors WHITE??!! Seriously?? Just kidding, I love love love the white floors and they are totally tempting me. The pulls are stunning and timeless. So fun to see it all coming together for you. I knew it would. You are just too darn talented for it not to be wonderful. Happy 4th to you too sweet friend, Kathysue
PS Hubby still has never mentioned the new pillows. Success!!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

The new cabinet pulls are lovely. Are they glass or acrylic?
Happy 4th of July to you! Our Canada Day celebrations are today, July 1st. Loads of fun, family, friends and fireworks!

Brilliant Chic said...

Love the pulls and your white floors and your black and white stripes. Oh yeah, I love your black and white stripes! I have a post i just finshed a few days ago about strioes.....black and white to be exact. Thought about dojng them in my kitchen for a while now. You may have inspired me! Jennifer

Anonymous said...

drawer pulls=stunning...love them!...and the white floors!! yes!!!..and your nephew is so sweet and pirate-y...love his choice of footwear.. :) good to stand over the contractors to make sure it's all getting done correctly..they do cut corners all too often...
have a great weekend,
maureen

helen tilston said...

A beautiful choice in pulls. They give an airy feel to your kitchen which is so beautiful and those floors are stunning
Helen Tilston

Unknown said...

Sherry, you have the magic touch....seriously, who needs color when the white looks so right? Nice, fresh addition of the lapped boards or whatever you call it on the island. And go ahead, you can say it every day, the white
floors are scrumptious!
BTW, love the foyer and wondering where the Mr. is keeping his keys these days?!!!
Cathy

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your kitchen pulls are so sleek and elegant. Love the clear with the polished. The corbels are fantastic! I like that your kitchen will have that mix of rustic and modern!

My Interior Life said...

I'll never tire of your white floors or you talking about them (that's why we have blogs, right?). Those pulls are fabulous!! And I don't think I got around to telling you, but your new entry is the bomb!

Shera said...

love the pulls...it completes the look!

Diane said...

love your pulls and isnt insurance wonderful?? Check out our new drawer pull designs at www.martinpierce.com and our blog. and arent little boys wonderful as well (except they sure DO sweat!) enjoy

traci zeller designs said...

Sha dazzle is right!! I love those pulls -- they've always been one of my favorites. Restoration just plain has great hardware. And if they were my floors, I'd keep talking about them, too. ;-)

Splendid Willow said...

Me "likey"!

I am with Traci - tell us more about the floors!

Happy 4th to you and your family, Sherry. (And to your fun and independant nephew!).

Warm hugs, Mon

Angie said...

Love this post! ;)

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Kitchen pulls are awesome, still looking for mine for our kitchen. You just reminded to look at RH. Thanks!!

Privet and Holly said...

Seriously in LOVE
with those corbels....!
I am reading the same
book, off and on, as
it was recommended by
several people. Jury's
not in on it, yet....
Happy Fourth of July : )
xx Suzanne

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting when you find someone with your same design asthetic:) Your sense of style is great. I also love your writing style...reminds me of mine...what ever it is:)! And for some reason, blogger just doesn't want me to leave comments, so going anonymous.
Miss Bee @ http://beeinteriors.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

Those pulls are awesome! LOL at the kid.

Barbara Matson said...

Loving all your tweaking. You are a woman of great talent. I am going to join in with the many others to say, I love you entryway. I too am a sucker for black and white stripes, except I buy b&w fabric and recover whatever I can get my hands on.

designchic said...

Oh Sherry, I am loving the pulls - they add so much, and the corbels - I would have been hovering too...they are gorgeous!!

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Kids don't sweat, hilarious! I love it all, Sherry! The pulls are fabulous. Thanks for the mention and have a great 4th!
Lori
www.lorimayinteriors.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is so pretty! Love the pulls! You nephew is too cute. xo

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

Love your new pulls, but I have to admit, I'm drooling over those gorgeous corbels!!! Right after I saw them, I ran to my own counter to see if I could pull the plain white ones off to do the same thing!

Unknown said...

Love the pulls and the corbels on your island are tdf! Ha ha - kids don't sweat! Hilarious!

The Vintique Object said...

Feel free to show, show, show those white floors! The pulls are super pretty too. I'm excited to see more pictures of your kitchen.
Camille

Kellie Collis said...

The kitchen is looking good! And the white floors look amazing. Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

lisaroy said...

Loving your new pulls and you did an amazing job with your entrance! I seriously would love to find Annie Sloan paint somewhere in Dubai (shipping it from Europe or US is so darn expensive). Your island is pretty darn awesome too :)

Robyn @ Imperfect Nest said...

Okay, it's official. I think we are soul mates. I adore your kitchen. I'm in the process of convincing my husband we need to paint the kitchen cabinets white. I am searching far and wide for corbels to use either in the kitchen or dining room. Love the pulls, love the corbels, love the floors!

René said...

You must be the best aunt! What a cutie your nephew is in that costume. Your island looks great in its new color. I just painted my living room dove white and love it. I hope you had a great holiday!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Girl, you crack me up!! LOVE the island! Those corbels are the shiznitz for real! The nephew is a doll baby and I know you had a blast!

hey, your floors look different....did you do something to them?

Lou Cinda

HA!

Back to Top