Monday.......big week!

If last week was a short ...then this is going to be a long week!  The market is in town so I will be there taking pictures of all the new loot that will be hitting the shelves in the next 6 months.  This happens twice a year in Atlanta...and it is my favorite thing.  Honestly, I can go 4-5 days and be there 8 hours a day.  It amazes people.

Scott's was great last weekend and I have some good pictures but that will be on the next post.  First though, I would like to direct your attention back to ME.  Yep...been doing some re-arranging and built me a little vignette!

Here is the before
Pretty much it has been this way for about 5 years...give or take adding/changing the accessories, pillows....etc.  You know the drill.  So after the floors [pretty much all references to my house will be before floors and after].  I moved this chair into my bedroom.  You already know the mirror moved to the foyer.

That left an empty space.  Hm....what to do.....I know shop my house, basement, and attic.  So I did and this is what I came up with.
OK...breakdown.  I have 2 of these chairs that I got for like 10.00 a piece, probably 8 years ago.  The other one is still in my basement.  This one I painted white and took an old zebra hide and had it covered.  It has been in my basement also for quite a while.  This hide used to be in my LR  but when I got my new dogs about 5 years ago one of them entertained himself by chewing and EATING a whole corner.  Wasn't that nice.
The wood trunk used to be in my bedroom [I also painted that about 2 years ago...white!]  The pictures were free.  Yep a while back I posted that I found them in the trash at least 5 years ago and they have been in my basement.
I am not lying....
One frame is from Ikea...2 are from Binders [a local art store] on sale, and one [the largest] was from Goodwill.  And yes...I need to spray paint the old vents now that the floors are WHITE.
I framed the 2 on the floor with Ikea frames also.  As you can see in the background I also found a new place for the shutters!  I have tried to put them everywhere and did not want to admit that I just did not have a place for them.  I just knew something would finally feel right.

They are now framing my TV!  

A couple of other newsworthy items today.....I love Trader Joe's.  My go to place for dinner.  AND the other day I discovered this.

Frozen goodness in a box.  Pop one a small bowl, nuke for a minute and put a small amount of half&half on it.  Now, just to let you know I am not a "foodie"...but I like good food.  And this my friends is good.

One more thing....OK two...I love my hair.  In fact I just bought another one on one of those half price sites.  I will try to take a picture if I can x out my face.....you know blur it like they do on Cops.

And a new blogger, Emily, sent me an email that she featured Baby Gasser's nursery.  I know y'all are probably tired of that sucker but her blog Lucite and Lavender is cute so you need to go over and say HI!  Come on...remember when your blog was new and you just wanted somebody to read it :)

Later taters
Sha Ray



26 comments

My Interior Life said...

I love your new vignette! It looks very modern, beachy to me (even though the art is not of beaches, I think it's the blues/greens in the art and the awesome blue shutters)! And I'll definitely pop over to check out Emily's blog. I still feel like a new blog myself, so I know how she feels. Have so much fun at market . . . I'm so jealous!!

Mary said...

Diggin' the new artwork. Wish my neighbors would throw out something nice instead of just beer bottles.

Unknown said...

Love the new vignette- the zebra chair is fabulous! Thanks for the intro to Emily's blog and happy/busy week:)

Kathysue said...

Clever, clever !! Yes indeed you are!!! Love the vignette and the way you hung your picture gallery looks great!!! I can't wait to see the rest of the transformation. ARe you still loving your floors as much as I do. They look so great. I just love your home!! Kathysue

PS Have you tried TJoes chicken taquitos? Put them in a pan pour TJ's enchillada sauce over them top with cheese sliced olives and top with sourcream and green onions. Instant dinner and oh so good. I keep them in my freezer for nights I don't feel like cooking. The family loves them!! I have had the blossoms, OH MY!!!

Dayka Robinson said...

i love your hair too--it looks great (although i'm also partial to curls!)! so glad to see you saturday--thanks for coming out & popping in!

Anonymous said...

love the new vignette of the framed (free) art and zebra hide chair...it's fun to shop our own stuff and come up with new ways to use it.am enjoying seeing your house come together...and those shutters are absolutely stunning..
can't wait to see what you found at Scotts..
maureen

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

I love how you rearranged this- and I love the white floor!!! I'm so happy I found your blog again- I used to read it all the time before I had my own blog; now I can add you to my sidebar! :)

Jessie said...

I remembered those beautiful artwork you found in the trash! Finally, you have a place for them! Yay! Adore your pretty table lamp and those turquoise shutters.

Have a great week, Sherry!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Beautiful Sherry! All pictures are now successfully copied (stolen?) in my "Sherry Hart" file...and now commence coping that vignette somewhere in my house! It's true...I read TONS of blogs and there is not a single one out there (sorry other bloggers) that I would take every single room in your house. If you were in L.A. and if you were willing and if I could afford you, if, if...that's a lot of ifs! Serious love! Have a great day...

lisaroy said...

I love your new little corner and the shutters add such a fun splash of colour :)

Gretchen O. said...

What a pretty vignette! AND talk about making lemonade out of lemons with the zebra hide...what a great idea! Glad the hair is working out for you. Will check out the new blogger.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Looks Fab Sha-Ray!! Absolutely FAB! The shutters are perfect there! LOVE!

Lou Cinda

What hair? Going backward! I am behind...

Anonymous said...

I love it! Especially the color splash with the shutters.

René said...

Love the new vignette and have a feeling that shopping your house, attic, basement is as good as shopping at Scott's.

Angie said...

God, you are GOOD!

The enchanted home said...

First gotta tell you I LOVE the white floors...Gorgeous!!!!! Love the way you arranged everything, just beautiful. Love the beautiful artwork too...great job!

The Vintique Object said...

I remember when you found those luscious watercolors -- so glad to see what you did with them. and the graphic of the zebra cushions is perfect for that corner. Lookin' good! Is it fun to rearrange?
Camille

Sarah Bragg said...

I'm in Atlanta this week and wish i could go to the market. I bet it is WONDERFUL! It's funny that you mentioned Trader Joe's because I was just thinking about what to get from Trader Joe's tomorrow. Perfect timing :-)

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I love the new floors!
And what a great way to repurpose the zebra hide. Oh! If I had a nickel for every rug my dog has destroyed...

Unknown said...

Ummmm.....can I have the other chair :) I'm in LOVE with that chair and those prints look so great! Glad the shutters found a home- they're gorg!

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Sherry- An eaten zebra hide? Too funny!

The new space look great, I can tell the beautiful white floors are inspiring you!

Loretta

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

Awesome! Love the new look! That zebra chair is fabulous!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I love the transformation! Great job! I also love to shop around my house. :) I would love to make it to the Atlanta Markets one day! Sounds like so much fun. And can I come over for dessert- the apple desserts look delicious!

katiedid said...

I am so glad you came for a visit to katiedid! Now I am here and so glad I came! Great blog and your ideas are wonderful. LOVE the zebra chair. And the white floors, and the foyer make over, and the art for free.....I could go on and on. I will be back to visit often! Linking up right now if OK with you!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

The vignette is great - color, texture and form. Love the lamp....even though it's not something you mentioned and it was there beforehand. And the artwork? Can't believe someone threw that away.

Unknown said...

I love watching you 'play' with your 'new' house - glad to see you are enjoying your WHITE floors so much ;) I cannot believe you found those in the trash - wow! LOVE the shutters too. Everything looks great!!!

Back to Top