Let the Angels sing......

The presentation is over.  You know how when you were little and you got up on Christmas morning so excited to tear through you presents?  10 minutes later you were sitting in a pile of torn wrapping paper and it was all a blur?  That is how the event looks in my mind.  It started at 1:00 and I woke up at 5am.  Why you ask?  Beats the hell out of me.  Big mistake...can I tell you how worn and torn I looked by 1:00?  And...I forgot a comb so my hair looked like I just crossed the finish line at a marathon.


We had 4 table settings and had to pack all that stuff up and load it in the car.  Then pull up to the restaurant and carry it upstairs.  Yeah...found out about the elevator after we were done.  Thanks restaurant manager...remind me to "cut you" when I get the energy.
All that aside, I had my peeps there for support and that was the best part.  Gina Christman [publisher of Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles]  was delighted with it and even called us over achievers.  I looked at her like she was speaking in tongue because I am not one of those "type A" people at all.  
Here are a few pictures of the tables.

Now remember before you go all "she's no Martha" on me, the premise was to use what you have.  I think maybe we spent about $20.00 total on all the tables.  The first one is the Christmas table.  Colors used were teal and plum with gold accents.
We only bought those gold glitter pinecones [Walmart for $1.00 each.
Denise had the brass antique tray.  All we did was spray paint some branches gold and stick them into these old Chinese pots.   Hung a few ornaments on them.
Those gold walnuts again...that was a hit!
Tried to get a full view but it is like trying to take a picture of a Christmas tree...it just looks busy.
I actually did not get a single picture!  We only had 15 minutes per table and we had to talk at the same time!  Yeah, I am sure some of you are like so what.  Girl.......I have a whole new respect for Rachel Ray talking and cooking a whole meal in 30 minutes.  That shit is hard. AND...the tables were small so it looks a little crowded.

See that little sprig of blue in the pinecone???  Well that was a plastic plant and we just sprayed it teal for some more color.  That is the one thing I have learned from blogging...you can dang well spray anything.  We ever sprayed the clear glass votives gold because we did not want to buy any.

OK...one more
This one was a New Years Table.  WE took our cues from Ralph Lauren.  White tablecloth, burlap and an old paisley wool throw.
Black leather chargers,white plates,toile salad plates.  One napkin with another vintage linen one wrapped around it.  2 small feathers for an accent.  That flat wear is mine and I got it at Homegoods...I love it.  Two things we got at World Market was the little elephant place card holders...and we put a small leather book on the salad plate for new years resolutions.
Got those at Scott's about 10 years ago.
feathers...I think Ralph would approve.
The black mirrored tray with my Goodwill silver wine bucket [$1.94] a few old black books, more walnuts and those plexiglass candlestick holders.  I have to tell you when we put the old books on the tray I heard a few "gasps".....that was a hit!
OK...the rest tomorrow...I am trying to swim to the surface this week...have a few more Christmas installations.  I also have pictures of the Showhouse and it was fab!  

Don't forget about the giveaway...you know you want it :)
Ya'll have a great Monday! Only 18 shopping days until Christmas.....OK...I think a heard a few of you gasp.....


14 comments

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Looks like a great event...and all those table ideas! Wonderful! Janell

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! I loved the setting with the creams/browns and feathers- gorgeous all around:)

My Interior Life said...

Gorgeous, Sherry! I love them both, but the Ralph Lauren table was just my cup of tea. You should be so proud (although I know you're exhausted)!

Anonymous said...

The tables are both wonderful. I think the Ralph Lauren table is to die for! Get some rest!

Kathysue said...

Wow I am impressed, you are one busy lady and right here at the holidays too. I looooove the RL table it is wonderful!! I do love my black and white. Don't wear yourself out, you have to keep up your Fa-la-la ♪♫♪♫
Merry Christmas,
Kathysue

Abby M. Interiors said...

I don't know how you do it all--but you do it well! I love the RL table so much. I may have to have a dinner party just to create a tablescape like that! Thanks for all your hard work. We sure do enjoy it,
abby

Angie said...

The tables look AMAZING!! The post was hilarious! ;)

Privet and Holly said...

Hooray! You made it!
And, in style, I might
add : ) LOVE the R-L
table and I think your
translation was fab!
Off to check out your
giveaway....
Happy Monday, Sherry!
xx Suzanne

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry, beautiful settings. Love the black and silver one the best. Love your flatware.

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. :-) You did a great job and using what you have too, which is awesome! The black and white is my favorite.

Unknown said...

I love the New Year's table the best and that flatware from HomeGoods - what a find!

Unknown said...

LOVE this, so gorgeous! The feather touches are a real highlight!

René said...

Looks like you have quite a few goodies tucked into that table setting. It looks great by the way. What pressure that must have been. Now you can relax :)

-Rene

Val said...

What a fabulous table!!!

Back to Top