Christmas with color!

I have been helping my sister with her best friends house...[Christmas is about giving right?). You remember me posting the pictures here.  They are having a Christmas party next weekend and her LR was bare except for the furniture which had just been recovered.  Oh Lord...I feel a long post coming up so better get some coffee.  I am going to show you some before pictures of the furniture first.  This was taken in her old house...look at those jewel tones!  No more.....
Here are the wing chairs after (she had 2)

We found a bolt of linen at Frugal Fabrics here in Atlanta.  It was about $14@yd!  They sell the same stuff elsewhere for about $30@yd.  We bought all of it and had her sofa and chairs recovered in the same fabric.  This is how the room looked before we started.
Love the button detail.  We also eliminated the cording for a cleaner and more updated look.


Here is the settee.  She had this in her kitchen and it was plaid.  Again...how the room looked when we got there.  Mind you we did this in 2 days.  Of course I raided my house so you will recognize many things here :)
One more before the "demented OCD designer" got there.  I LOVE a good challenge!
Is that owl cute or what????  Homegoods, have I told you lately how much I appreciate you!
I have that same table but we actually got one for her....
I told her to put white roses in the small jar.  Hold on...the Christmas part is coming!
Love the lamps from HG....
Recognize the painting :)  I covered some books in the music paper since it is a piano room.
What is easier than a glass jar with ornaments in it.

That coffee table...we saw it HG, put it in a shopping cart, left it at the front.  All of a sudden we heard a loud crash and we both looked at each other and realized it was our "perfect" find......in a million pieces. It was not a "kodak" moment for us!  But we found another one at another store....insert a visual of "charlie brown dancing".
 Skin from Ikea! It's mine.
Check out closeup below.  I used some broaches on the burlap to dress it up.

The tree was decorated in all gold so I added some blues and greens for more contrast.

And these birds.....spank me!
Geez...it would have been nice to not have the holes showing......

Of course we need so much in this room but we got it party ready pretty quick.  The things we did buy were very neutral and will go with any color scheme we decide on in the future.
Empty boxes....cheap decor!
She is not going to want to give this picture  back to me :)
Stay tune for more on Thursday.  I don't want to bore you with such a long post it is like listening to a chemistry lecture :)  I love when I have a challenge like this!  Especially when the person is so happy.

We have some pictures of the foyer and a few other things.....I have just loved seeing everyone's decor.  OK...I'm not bitter anymore that I don't have anything up but I'm working on it!

I did enjoy myself at Lavish, even though I was so lame and missed most of the seminars.  It came at such a busy time for me but I could see the potential.


17 comments

Annette said...

So pretty, love it! Happy Holidays Sherry!

Anonymous said...

It look beautiful! I would love you to work your magic at my house.

Deserae said...

OMG those chairs are stunning....love,love,love the detailing on them!!! The whole room is just beautiful...what a lucky friend your sister has :o) You can come play at my house anytime!!!!!
~Des

Unknown said...

You did a great job on the room! I like the fresh colors you added and also the black. And the packages! I really like that you didn't use traditional Christmas wrapping paper.

René said...

That linen is gorgeous! Your sister is one lucky girl to have your help. Everything looks prefect!

-Rene

Unknown said...

Sherry! You have created the furniture I dream of owning, it's GORGEOUS!!!! The finished room is so party ready, it's perfect! x

Angela said...

Wonderful!! You are very talented! Homegoods is my favorite decorating store.

Privet and Holly said...

Girl, you DO have the
touch. I am in love with
that settee!! And now
I know where you get all
your energy; can't believe
you have time to TEACH
exercise classes ~ WOW.
Happy Wednesday and I'm
looking forward to seeing
more of your re-do. Lucky
sis!
xx Suzanne

Abby M. Interiors said...

You are so incredibly talented! I am inspired by every post and I love what you did here! I would be more than happy to take that painting off your hands if she doesn't keep it. ;-)
abby

Kelly said...

Love it! This is the same color scheme I used for my Christmas decor this year too. I can see your trademark in all your decorating jobs. Your sister's friend must be so happy to have your help!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry, beautiful room. Love the fabric on the chairs and the button detail. Love HG for accessories. Thanks for sharing this.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love it all! What a gorgeous room. I really like the burlap with the bling and those books covered with sheet music are great. Don't you just love HomeGoods? I think it's a good idea we don't have one too close by.
Thanks for sharing.

Julie Holloway said...

you. amaze. me!!!

Lilacandgrey said...

Lovely! Great job lady!
<3 Cara
Lilac and Grey

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty, Sherry! Love the soft color palette and all of the touches that you added.

Emily A. Clark said...

Your posts are never boring! Always love looking at your projects. Beautiful, as always.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!!

Lou Cinda

Back to Top