My Christmas decor

Yep.  That's right.  Just squeaking it in.  I don't normally do too much because we leave on the 26th, but I decided to have a few neighbors over for some Holiday Cheer last night so that gave me kind of a push to do a little extra.  There is a trail where I walk my dogs everyday so I gathered most of the greenery there.
First of all can we talk about this???  I got it at Pier one and I love it.  Have you been there lately because they have some awesome pillows and many have down inserts.  I could have bought about 10, [which I had loaded in my arms] but came to my senses and only bought one.  It's a doozy though as you will see later on.
  
And I happened across this little wine bucket at a flea market the other day for a mere $20.00

So it got a cute little tree in it.
Now for the mantel in the den.  Remember the shutters I bought at Scott's last month....


 I got these at World Market along with the glasses that had the chalk paint on them.

Wooden Christmas trees at Scott's.
Those little antlers at Walmart!
My Hobby Lobby Christmas tree....$8.00

There are the slate numbers that I got last month.

Now onto the DR.
Tied a small wreath to the shutter with brown velvet ribbon.
This is on the DR table.
Old jars but I put silver trays under them to add some bling.






Coffee table.


So that sparkly little pillow from Pier One!

OK...almost done.  I know you guys a way over Christmas decor.  I did have to get a picture of the lamps I bought at HG.  They had ugly shades on them but I happened to have extra in my attic :)
Took the pillows out of these chairs and added a wrapped box instead.
This is on the console when you walk into my house.
Remember the blue books from Scott's...I want more.
Foyer...cheap thrills...no cost decorating.
I have used this burlap to wrap the wreath for about 5 years now.
And I took a cue from Cottage and Vine and just stuffed my front door planters with greenery and a little bling
My smaller planters got moss, pinecones, a sprig of magnolia and 2 canning jars with sand a candles.

OK...Christmas is here now.  I am sure we have all been saturated with Christmas decor.  So that is enough from me.  But...I did do a few things to get ready for my party so stay tuned.  In fact planning a party will really get your butt in gear to finish a few small projects.  That is when I get obsessed.  It is a good thing that my sister owns a restaurant because I did not have to worry about the food.  More time for decorating....

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of my readers.  I have really enjoyed sharing, exploring design ideas, and getting to know you.  It has truly been a highlight of my year.

Peace,


17 comments

Anonymous said...

I am taking a break from cooking... The place looks great! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Nancy Hood said...

Sherry, I love the colors of your home. Soothing, classic, and very inviting. Merry Christmas :)

Angie said...

It all looks sooooo beautiful!!! Merry Christmas!

Mimi said...

I still want to be you in my next life. It's looks so good Sherry, and you make it sound so simple. Wish I had your eye. You excel at this.
Looking forward to your new 2011 ideas and inventions. All the best to you and David. Love you girl!

René said...

Sherry, as usual, it all looks spectacular! Thanks for the shout out and I like your added bling.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

-Rene

Elsie said...

Sherry...these pictures just knocked me out this morning--so gorgeous!!! Your DR is my favorite. When am I coming over :) Merry Christmas....Julie & family

Dwellings by DeVore said...

LOVE the color on that shutter door! What is it? I have some that I need to do that too. I also love all the natural elements and the touches of coral, I'm a sucker for anything seaside.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

It looks gorgeous! You are amazing! Throw this together...it would take me months!

Thank you for all of you inspiration this year...looking forward to more in 2011!

Lou Cinda :)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

YOUR inspiration! Hate it when I make a typo!

Lou Cinda

Anonymous said...

Sherry, These are such beautiful vignettes! I particularly love the small Christmas tree in the silver bucket!

Unknown said...

Sherry, your house looks fantastic... the colors are wonderful and I'm glad you were able to find time to do your house after doing so much for others. It is just perfect. I love your style, love your blog... and appreciate your sweet comments you wrote on my blog! I hope you have a nice time away. xo Sherri

Vintage Style Downunder said...

Oh I loved every single pic of your christmas decorating..and coveting many objects!! lol...gorgeous! thanks for sharing!
jessie, nelson, nz

A Perfect Gray said...

sherry, love how you added a wreath over the shutters. I have a couple of antique french screens that I have hung mirrors over. Next year, I'm gonna add wreaths, thanks to your idea!

Happy New Year!

love, Donna

Design Blooms said...

So festive and beautiful!! You put things together so magically! (I have those mineral bottles too!!)

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I am loving the color combination of the silver w/ blue. I am now following. xo

Privet and Holly said...

Oh, so Sherry as only
you can do it!! I hope
that you are enjoying
a Merry Christmas holiday
wherever you travels have
taken you and I look
forward to more beautiful
posts in 2011. God bless!
xx Suzanne

Vanessa@decor happy said...

You have such a great eye - it all looks pretty amazing! Hope you are having a great holiday Sherry.

Back to Top