UPDATE ON UMCH PROJECT





Thanks for all of the love on my mantel!  I have more pictures of a few other changes but we will save that for next week.

My cold is better.....had to go to the "doc in the box" on Monday because I knew I would not be well for my event at ADAC.  What I thought was a cold was actually a bronchial infection and you know those only get worse.

 Even though I have been on antibiotics for 3 1/2 days I still look and feel like I just escaped from Betty Ford because of addiction to OTC cold meds.  

I have a few updates for my project at UMCH.  I have raised about 1500.00 so far [thank you so damn much] and am still emailing people that I have not spoken to in 5 years!  

Lucky me I was able to get the painting donated!  Can you believe it....all of that paneling?  It would have taken me forever and I got the best.  

Miguel Castillo [founder and owner] has been in business in Atlanta for over 12 years with 9000 satisfied customers.  I was lucky enough to meet Laura[ his wife] and Lauren [their marketing director] the other day when they came to the lunch that Mitchell Gold had for us.  They couldn't have been nicer.

Please if you are in need of a good and reputable company, I hope you will give them a call.  I don't have to tell you that painting is all in the prep.  Don't forget to tell them Sherika send you!  Hopefully pictures soon......

I also got a rug donated from Myers Rug Company .  I have used them for 25 years....my number one source for Seagrass....and they ship!


I have the floor plan....the paint color is a Martha Stewart/Sharkey Gray.  Got some new overhead lights.

So now I am shopping for the fun stuff like accent tables, lamps, and PILLOWS!

Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that my room has a bath?

Yep...this room might need some love too.  Right now it is also used for storage....

Scooted up to Scott's today for an hour to get a few shots.  I forgot about the new rule that you can't get in before 1:00.  

So I was sitting in my car waiting and all of the sudden I saw people running past me....it was like the "running of the bulls"....I almost strangled myself on the seatbelt trying to get out of my car so I could join the crowd.


First time I have seen these......love.

I did a little guest post on Nantucket Style for Linda at My Crafty Home Life which will be posted tomorrow.  Did you see all the talent from her "Paint a Rug" party? WOWZA.....

Shafreaky










7 comments

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What generous companies. Love your ideas and I love those jars. Darn, have to miss this month. Going to the southern blogger's conference.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Your space is coming along great. So nice of the companies to donate all that great stuff!!!!
Are you off to Market?

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You are the best. Thanks for coming over, today.

Unknown said...

loved your post at MCHL today and those grey and white ginger jars! ouch I love them so much. Did you get anything? You could honestly buy them and resell them to me.
Have a great weekend, I hope you feel better.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Kathysue said...

You made me chuckle just picturing you jumping out of your car with your seat belt on. Trust me I have done that before so that is partly why I can visualize it so well. What a wonderful thing you are doing and what great companies to donate product,
Happy Weekend,glad you are feeling better!
xo Kathysue

Anonymous said...

That mantle kicked ass! I wanted to let you know I have some sweet new comments and a sweet new follower who said she found me through you. Thank you my friend!!! Hope to see you again soon! xoxo

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love the jars and love the fact that this company is so generous. Have a great weekend.

Back to Top