UPDATES ON UMCH




Allrighty then......I made tons of much progress last week on my space.  I feel that if I do get chosen for Jury Duty on Tuesday I will still be able to finish up by Friday.

Working nights but I can do it.

I told you that my "new" friends at Castle Painting donated their time to paint my room.  I did change the paint color from Martha Stewart "Sharkey Gray" to Benjamin Moore "Rockport Gray".  I was just feeling a darker space.

Here is the before again.

It was the motherload of paneling....


It took them a day and a half...would have taken me a week.....Thanks to my great crew!

Here are the new countertops going in....I wanted to rip out these cabinets because they really serve no purpose but after seeing that the floor did not extend underneath.....I felt that was a can of worms best left alone.



Gotta put my donations to the best use!
Here are my 3 valences ready to go up[with woven natural shades going underneath].  I donated the fabric and Sudi made them for free......BAM!  Isn't she the best :)

This is the Expedite bookcase from Ikea.  I thought I was getting the one half this size which was going to go under the TV.  Maybe I should pay a little more attention to what I am doing in there.  Out of the 4 things I bought......2 were wrong.

I decided to keep it as I was going to buy a bookcase to go along this wall anyway.
So here is what I am thinking to go under the TV.

I have been agonizing over this.....don't get me wrong....I LOVE it.  Just worried about how it will blend with everything else.

Then I found these yesterday.....
Well only the lamps [34.00 for both]  but I had the shades in the basement.  Now I can take back the ones I got a Target that cost more plus the shades were extra.  Booyah.

AND....I stumbled across this picture...
So looks like the room is starting to get a retro feel......and that dresser might just be it!

You will know soon enough!

Can't wait to show you all of the spaces.  I am so honored that Dayka and Erika asked me to participate again this year.

All the designers will be there Monday working.  You won't believe some of the magic I have seen. 


ANGELA BLEHM

Stay tuned for more updates this week and keep your fingers crossed that I do NOT get picked for JD.  Crikey.....I will really be in the weeds if that happens!

Hope you are having the BEST Sunday!

Sherik the Freak



21 comments

angela | the painted house said...

Sudi: the best.

Castle Painters: the best.

Lamps: I want.

Jury Duty: AHHHHH, I hope not!

Can't wait to see your room put together...I'm so lucky to be in the middle of all this creative action!

decorayadora said...

I love you blog
Saludos from Chile

Linda @ DesignInMyView said...

Mess up just a little bit during voir dire. I once said, "The fact that this case has gone to court makes me think he is likely guilty." The lawyers on both sides pointed me to the door!

Note: I did not say this just to get out of jury duty. I said this in response to believing a police officers testimony over that of testimony from the perpetrators friends.

Good luck! (Your design changes are really exciting to watch develop!)

Woodside Park said...

You all are awesome to donate your time and talents for this wonderful project. Look forward to seeing more! Fingers crossed on J-duty....I always get selected in DC.
Loi

Carla Aston said...

Good luck getting out of JD. It's never a good time! The room is looking good!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

So cool! I love the direction this space is taking.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Amazing paint job. It's hard to imagine that we used to love all that paneling!
Jury Duty...been there...fingers crossed.

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

love those lamps! the space is looking great and what a wonderful project!!!

Emily A. Clark said...

This is going to be good! And, yay for Castle Painters!!

pam {simple details} said...

Can't wait to see your take on retro! Good luck with JD - last time I went to the wrong location, surely they wouldn't choose someone who couldn't follow directions - wrong!!

Kim said...

Cannot wait to see the retro room re-do!! Planning on popping over to see all your co-horts in this project!! xo

designchic said...

It is going to be an amazing space - love the fabric and what a steal on the lamps!! Can't wait to see you work your magic. Fingers crossed for jury duty...

Anonymous said...

oh you know i'm lovin' that retro modern vibe! so pretty!

Cindy said...

This is so cool to watch and hear about. I can't wait to see it all done up. You're amazing!

Cindy

The Pink Pagoda said...

I can't wait to see the finished room. It's going to be incredible. Good luck with the no JD!!

LiveLaughDecorate said...

Oh Lord, I loves! The lamp, fabric, the reto dresser is perfect for under the TV lady. Can't wait to see the reveal

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Sherry, I cant wait to see it. Its coming along nicely!

Unknown said...

You're doing awesome - those lamps are killer! I had to serve JD last year and my number never got called! I'm going to say a little prayer that happens for you too!

Pura Vida said...

are we really painting paneling? yes...I have some of it and I really really like it. I bet your crew makes the best of it!

Unknown said...

Looking awesome! Love the paint and everything's coming together splendidly! Best of luck!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Renae Moore said...

Looking soooo good!

Back to Top