NEWS!




With all of the shelter planning and installing I forgot to share this bit of news with y'all........for the first time ever I will be participating in a Decorators Show House.

Yup.  I have never wanted to even think about doing one before.  For many reasons but the biggest one is "putting your shit out there".  You know....for everyone to walk in and go "yikes...what was this designer smoking".

Scary.  

It's hard enough posting about a project.  And I get it....just like art that design is very subjective.  Somehow we all revert to that 6 year old when we do something seeking for approval.  We want the pat on the head along with good job.....or even a gold star.

After all isn't that kinda why we blog?  Just a little?  Are we starved for approval?  I mean....what is more exciting that posting something you have done and getting a gazillion comments about how wonderful it is.  Short of winning the lottery....not much will have you walking about with a mega dose of spring in your step.

Sidetracked.

The Inspiration House at the Cathedral Antiques Show opens Jan 31 through Feb 10th.  I will be partnering up with the talented Lori May.  She was the one who when I kept saying "there will be a million people submitting..... no!"....... she said yes.  We won't know if we don't try.  Good Lord it was like my Mom reincarnated.

And would not let up.

So we did and got selected.  Thanks Lori.....and Mom.

I think.

Here is a before picture of the space.

So let's see what we have here.  No architectural features.  Quite a few things that can not be removed.....exit sign and other weird boxes happening over those pictures.  Oh....and let's not forget about how wonky those side bulkheads are!

OK...so it does have 2 stone walls.....but the ceilings are about 6 ft high.  

Here is the opposite side.  Quite the space huh?

Aaaaaaaand here is the first rendering.


Think we can pull this off?

The other view.

I am not going to sugarcoat this.....my panties are definitely in a wad.  We have to be in the room when people view it.  Is there enough Xanax to get me through that?  Maybe with a shot of vodka.

Stay tuned for the final drawings......in color.

In other news there is an open house at the UMCH shelter if you would like to view all of the rooms!



I am getting caught up after 2 weeks on the shelter.....one proposal down....3 to go.

You better own Tuesday!

Freakshow





46 comments

An Urban Cottage said...

You're the bomb!

My Interior Life said...

Oh, Congratulations to you and Lori!!! What a wonderful honor and you guys will do a beautiful job. Oh, I cannot wait to see you work your magic!!

Interior Design Musings said...

It will be great! Love the idea of making a focal point on that stone wall! M.

classic • casual • home said...

This is so exciting!!! You are awesome.

Cassie Bustamante said...

how exciting! and i am not surprised. :)

Kathysue said...

sherry, I have every confidence you and Lori, you both are very talented and YES it will be successful, only wish I could come by to see it in person and tell you both!! xo Kathysue

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That is awesome. Y'all can do it. You are both really talented.

Designing Domesticity said...

Congrats. Such exciting news. Am sure it will turn out wonderfully. That stone wall will be fun to work with. Can't wait to see the color images. Thanks for sharing, liz

A Perfect Gray said...

congrats on being selected, sherry. not surprised at all. drawings look wonderful - it will be lovely.

but having to be in the room while folks tour does sound daunting; but, you know, people are basically so good. aren't they??

proud of you already! donna

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Congratulations! Love the renderings..It's going to be great!
Looking forward to seeing it!!!

Brandi said...

You will knock it out the park.

René said...

Of course you can pull this off! You and Lori are the dynamic duo!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Consider yourself patted on the head! :)

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I have no doubt you ladies will rock this. And just you wait until that sucker is open - talk about praise - you will be hearing it all day!! :)

Holly Gruszka said...

YES! You and Lori will knock their socks off. I'm excited about those stone walls. And the fact that you are collaborating with Lori has got me real excited - looking forward to seeing what you do.

Woodside Park said...

Can't wait to see!! Knowing you....gonna be awesome. And I love the renderings.

Hyphen Interiors said...

Congrats! That is one tough space, but you'll make it awesome!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

You know I'll be by there to see it all AND I'll be cheering you both on along the way. I say, go for it! You will knock it out, both of you have lots of vision and talent.

Raina Cox said...

Mazel mazel to you and Lori!

And those are gorgeous renderings.

Cindy said...

Oh Hell yeah, you so got this! You'll make it great. Those stone walls are pretty cool... natural elements.. you totally know how to work with that. And, i agree, alot of us bloggers are looking for that positive feedback and support... me too!, and i sure get it from my friends

Cindy

My Notting Hill said...

Congratulations! Yes, you can so pull it off. Love your plans and those stone walls.

Had to smile, I have that burnt orange chair although mine has no back cushion. It's about to be recovered in a purple gray linen.

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Not only will you pull it off, you will rock it! Haha, no pressure!

Congratulations Sherry...I know your room will be awesome.

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Not sure how I feel about you thinking of me as your "mom", but what the hell, you know you love me and my planning skills!!!! Whatever gets it done! It's going to be great! :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the renderings...I know you will rock that room!!!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

You and Lori together? Girl please... Y'all got this! Can't wait to see the next drawing of the room. I'm smitten with what you've done so far!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

You can do this! Hands down.... Cant wait to see how you reinvent this room!

pam {simple details} said...

Of course you two were chosen! You're going to have so much spring in your step we'll be peeling you off the ceiling! :)

Andrea said...

That is AWESOME! No need to get your panties in a wad. You guys are going to do a fantastic job. I love your drawing. Can't wait to see the room come to life.
You go girl!

Kacey said...

You are gonna rock that beyotch!!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Yay!! Congratulations! I know you can do it! You will knock their socks off, as always! :) Wish I lived closer to see it in person.

Brenda said...

Whatever it takes - Vodka is marvelous stuff! You will be magic....B:)

Lauren (The Cottage Mix) said...

Congratulations! It will be beautiful. Love the rendering already and can only imagine when it comes to life.
P.S. - Has anyone ever told you you're funny?!? You always crack me up.

Naz said...

We all have every confidence in the both of you. Looking forward to what you come up with.

TSL said...

With all the fab congrats going on here may I add mine as well? I know you will soar! And by the way, I TOTALLY got all you were writing about. It is hard to put yourself out there, as artists, and as individuals, we are all so vulnerable, unless we are made of steel!!! xo (Enjoy this, well deserved.)

Lisa Gabrielson said...

Congratulations girls! Good for you for going for it. It is going to be a knockout room. Can't wait to visit!

LiveLaughDecorate said...

awwww lady, congrats! So, so proud but yes, can so relate to those voices in your head. You rock, you're a design star now go forth and rock that room! Can't wait.

Angie said...

You are too funny! Congrats on being selected!

Unknown said...

congratulations!!! Love the renderings, and what a challenge that space is! But you will excel I know! Good luck with all on your plate.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Congratulations, looks like a great project for you and Lori to team up on. Have FUN!! Janell

Unknown said...

Congrats and so exciting! Look forward to seeing the design process you go through. Hope I can see the house too!!

Www.ifeofamodernhousewife.com

The Pink Pagoda said...

Congratulations!! You're going to rock that room and I can't wait to see!

designchic said...

I have no doubt that not only can you pull it off, but that you will do it beautifully...can't wait to see!!

Amanda said...

oh my gosh!!! this is exciting indeed!! and you two are a perfect team together. If you gals need help on the install- you know someone to sweep the floors and fluff the pillows-let me know I'd love to be able to somehow help.

Karena said...

Sherry it will be amazing!! Bravo for entering and being accepted. So excited to see more!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artists Series

lisaroy said...

How exciting! I know that it will look amazing - everything you do is so chic :)

Pura Vida said...

I cannot wait to see that drawing come to life!

Back to Top