A FEW PICTURES OF THE SHELTER!




What a week!  

Yesterday was the last day of the UMCH shelter install.  Monday through Friday I left my house around 9 and got home around six.  

And I had help!  I can't even imagine if I was by myself!  Before I start with a few pictures....I want to say that I was blown away with the results of all of the designers hard work.  The other rooms are incredible....and when you see all of the photographs.... I know you will have to pick up your jaws!

To everyone who donated in every way either with money or time....thank you from the very bottom of my heart.  To all of my clients who have waited patiently.....while I finished this project......I owe you :)

Here are a few before and after shots.........

That door was to a bathroom which I did not discover until they cleaned out the whole space.  Yikes....  

This room is used for a lounge and  it is the only room with cable.

Here is the after.

It is hard to tell but I changed out the institutional ceiling lights....I will show you which ones I used.  My electrician donated his time to do this.  The bookcase is the Expedite in the new glossy gray finish.  Sudi made the valances for me and I donated the fabric.  I ordered the blinds from Overstock.  Of course the turtle is from the Nate Berkus collection and the art work below was from a flea market.  The prints were $2.00 but I had to buy the frames and mats.


I found the lamps and Picasso print at a flea market and I had the brass candlesticks.  End tables and coffee table.....Ikea.  Rug was donated by Myers Carpet here in Atlanta.  

Boy this project helped me purge....I was looking under beds and in the basement for things I was not using.


I got this little table on clearance at Target and the succulent was from Ikea.

Now listen...before you go all crazy on me and start with "WHAT.....these boys are 17-21....so how long do you think it will look this good?"  

.......If this space changes one young mans life then it was all worth it.  Hopefully this teach them that if they work hard they can be successful. The United Methodist Children's Home has here since 1873.  Did you know that Lil Jon donated his Celebrity Apprentice winnings to the UMCH???  80,000.00!!!!

Uh huh....me and Lil Jon are tight.

Plus....I am the type of person that no matter if it is a shelter or a client....I am going to do the best job I can. 

Today I am doing a weeks worth of laundry......doing the best job I can.

More pictures on Monday....I am going over tomorrow to take some finished shots of the other spaces......I swear.....you will die.

Sherika







41 comments

gina said...

That looks amazing! Great job!!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.
GREAT, GREAT JOB!
YOU ARE THE BEST

Sonny G said...

fabulous~! it will be loved and appreciated for sure..

good job, indeed.

StagerLinda said...

You did a fabulous job. I know it will be greatly appreciated. So generous you to donate your talent, services, time and 'stuff'. Congrats on a job well done.

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

You're the greatest of all time! Love how the space turned out!

Brandi said...

This post bought tears to my eyes. Which is weird because your posts usually have me in stitches! You did such a beautiful job on the room. Your heart was truly in it. I love your quote about doing the best job you can no matter the client. Have a great weekend, Sherry!

sjr said...

Looks fabulous and I am sure it will be appreciated!

Woodside Park said...

Congrats, Sherry. I love the wall color and what you did. Fabulous!!
xoxo
Loi

A Perfect Gray said...

blown away, gal. what a great job. I am a united methodist church member (maybe you are, too?) and a portion of our um women's donated funds supports these shelters. yay!

so proud of you. donna

Pura Vida said...

do they say you are freaking magic?

Rochelle said...

Great job. ANd of course they deserve a beautiful place! Way to go!

Privet and Holly said...

You truly have
the kindest heart.
I bet the guys were
blown.away.for.sure!!!

Love it ~ and you.

xo Suzanne

Anonymous said...

This looks great. You are special!

An Urban Cottage said...

Awesome job! Love the colors.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Sherry, What a beautiful room! You did such a fabulous job.

Kim said...

Sherry, this is fantastic! When will the boys see this? I applaud your mission, your professionalism, your design sensibility and your HEART or is that HART!! xo

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I was dying over all the instagram shots....the real ones are going to knock me out of my chair! Great job, chica! casika

Janna McCalley said...

Incredible! You should be proud of yourself for such an act of kindness...may it rub off on all of us! -Janna

Vanessa@decor happy said...

It's beautiful! What a difference just by painting out the dated paneling. Good on you Sherika!

Leanne and Jamie said...

I love it! I am like you Sherry... always do your best in everything you do. These boys are so lucky to have this space. Great Job!

Shelly said...

Sherry,
I stopped by the house with Dorothy on Fridaya and got a look at your space...Amazing! You did an incredible job and created a space that is stylish and so liveable. Great job!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Sherry, WHAT a worthy cause to donate your time and money to. All the extra little touches you put into the space make it feel special, cheerful and cool. I am verklempt….you are awesome!!

Just Spiff It said...

Your room turned out perfect. I love all that you did! It looks so bright , fresh and new.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Whoa! Now that's what I call a transformation! Great job!

Lisa Mende Design said...

Fabulous job!!1 Kudos to you!!!!

Donna-s Lair said...

There's a star in the sky with your name on it tonight! So pretty and so very nice of YOU!!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Sherry it looks amazing! I'm sure the boys will think it's a special place. So very kind of you!

charmaine said...

Love how the space turned out! Great job!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I'm working on a similar shelter project up in Philly. Looks fabulosos- such an improvement!

Amanda said...

looks amazing Sherry!! cant wait to see more pics.

The Pink Pagoda said...

WOW, Sherry!! It's incredible! Beautiful job!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Great job, I'm sure they will love it!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Oh wow wow wow! It looks absolutely fabulous! The colours are just perfect!

A Toile Tale said...

Sherry -
Thanks for your incredible work on this project. UMCH is close to my heart and these children need this expression of love. I'm sure you did this with your usual fun-filled attitude. It doesn't surprise me that your suppliers were willing to pitch in. It's just great!
Linda @ A Toile Tale

Kathysue said...

You are the WOMAN!! I am so proud of you and your gift of using your talent for such a wonderful organization!! It is quite the transformation, FANTASTIC!!
KUDOS TO YOU!
xo Kathysue

Holly Gruszka said...

I love that you put your heart into this - all of it. They will love it - how could they not? It's styling. Great great work.

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Wow!!!! That is truly something. What a transformation and a great looking space in the end. Congratulations. That's wonderful work, on many layers.

LiveLaughDecorate said...

OMG, you and Lil Jon. Priceless. The space is killer. Great, great job. Loving the painted panels, that lamp! and the overall cozy feel of the space. The boys will try their best to keep it clean for at least a week!

Kate McG said...

The space looks amazing! I am a big believer that one's surroundings greatly affect one's attitude, so this warm and inviting space will likely scream to these kids that someone cares...about them. You did that, Sherry, and you should feel incredibly proud. Great job!

limestone hoods said...

You did great job on the room. And your quote "doing the best job you can no matter the client" is so much inspiring. xo
~ Herman Swan

Things That Inspire said...

Wonderful work, wonderful cause. I am sure that the recipients will feel great being surrounded by such beauty and order - I always feel better when I am in a place that has been carefully considered and well thought out. This was certainly a project done with love!

- Holly

Back to Top