ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 2








So a week has passed.....and it's time to share my inspiration for Nancy's family room.  Like I said...."pine city" needed to be shut down.

When I don't have a lot of money on a project I try to stay neutral....oh who am I kidding I like to stay neutral all the time.  

Believe me I tried to bring some color in this one but you will see how I digressed back to one of my favorite plans.....black/camel/white/cream/gray.

This window scene from Club Monaco started the whole shebang.  It truly was my inspiration.

Even though her budget was small I wanted to get her some new furniture.  What she had was 20 years old and really not worth recovering......cause I would have done it!

Step one was a floor plan.  

Here is the problem.  The fireplace is centered in the room but not really centered in the living area. Crap.  I really wanted to relocate the TV over the mantel but dang....there is not enough room.

Here is a reminder.


And you can see that there is a chair in the middle of nowhere...for extra seating but that is really not working right?

So I decided to keep it where it was and paint the bookshelves dark so it kind of blends in.

SW Urbane Bronze.


And surprise....I chose SW Alabaster for the walls.  Lucky for me Lowe's is one of the ORC sponsors so I got my paint there!

Now on to the furniture.

Sofa:  Lee Industries 3063-32
I wanted to bring a modern touch to the upholstery.
2 Chairs: 1011-01 swivel  To help with TV watching.

Fabric selection....I got it in my head that I was going to wallpaper the small dining area in this Farrow and Ball Wallpaper since they are one of our sponsors.   


So these were my first selections.  Sofa the top fabric and chairs in the bottom.
But that was a quick moment because I saw this black pinstripe and went all crazy and chose it! [the green fabric was inspiration for a green plant like my inspiration photo]!

And then I found out that this FB wallpaper was not an option and I got really sad.  So so sad.

I'll figure something out.....meanwhile here is some inspiration for my space.

A gallery wall behind the sofa.



And a whole bunch of black and white goodness....



Since we removed the window seat.....I can move the whole furniture arrangement down some.  This allows more room for the barstools.


Just to remind you where the window seat was....no one ever used it!

These barstools also need to be addressed.....I would try to change with paint and fabric but I hate the backs and that crackle finish is hard to cover with paint.




Fabrics?  Yeah still have not zeroed in on that little task.....but I have aways been about the "photo finish"!

This is where we are now....




Please go and see what all of my other partners have been up to this week!




And don't forget to check out Calling It Home on Thursdays for the linking participants!


Next week I will have some more updates including those floors and hopefully I will have some thoughts on my fabric selection!

Sherika


31 comments

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pinstripe and those inspo images with the black and white are fabulous. Can't wait to see you work your magic on this!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

This is going to be one heck of a transformation. I love those Lee Chairs.....so sharpe looking and so comfy! She is one lucky lady!

Renae Moore said...

As always, great vision Sherry! Love Urbane Bronze, did my powder bath in that a few years back. I already have in my mind's eye what fabulousness you are going to show us in the end!

Betsy Cobb Gordon said...

I'm really loving where you're headed with this Sherry!

Have no idea where you find the time for all you do, but i know your sister I must be thrilled your a designer participating in orc.

This is going to be fabulous!


Betsy Gordon
West of the Square Designs



Betsy Cobb Gordon said...

I'm really loving where you're headed with this Sherry!

Have no idea where you find the time for all you do, but i know your sister I must be thrilled your a designer participating in orc.

This is going to be fabulous!


Betsy Gordon
West of the Square Designs



Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Sherry your new blog design looks fantastic! Urbane Bronze - heart eye emoji. Can't wait to see that. The entire plan sounds gorgeous!

Ivy Lane said...

Can't wait to see the transformation of this space!

xo,
Ivy

Unknown said...

Love the furniture you selected! This room is going to feel SO much better and SO different! :)

Kathysue said...

Omgosh ♥♥♥ the black pinstripe on the sofa, and Lee is my favorite brand, I NEED those two chairs for our great room. We also have an off centered fireplace with the TV to the side, it is my greatest design dilemma to date. I have some plans to make it work but it is going to some real math and figuring, math I am not good at, but visualizing I am good at, so hopefully I can make it work. Will be anxious to see how you address your off center issue. When I found out it was off center I walked around tilted for two days, this girl loves symmetry. Yikes On a good note, we got the keys to our new house yesterday, EEEEEE!!! Come by and see our new home on the blog when you have a chance!! xoxo

cindy hattersley design said...

I can't wait to see the reveal. I love where you are heading. Too bad you couldn't use that wallpaper! I know you will work your magic!!

Linda Pakravan said...

Your sister is one lucky girl! I love that Urbane Bronze.

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I love your plans and so glad you stuck with your go-to palette! You always do neutrals the best!

Ashley said...

Sherry- LOVE your inspiration and where you're heading (but then again- when don't I love your style?). Any thoughts on removing the stone from the fireplace and putting in a ground-level stone (remnant?) hearth and then doing a white tongue-and-groove treatment on the fireplace wall? Can't wait to see the rest of your work!

Anonymous said...

Love the fabrics you picked! They look great together!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Hey, you renovated your blog header. Love it. The inspiration window would have me saying Y.E.S. Love where this is going.

Unknown said...

I like that your going to paint out the millwork.

ocpio said...

Love all items that you had chosen. Cannot wait to see the final project. Good luck!

Laura Irion said...

Wow, this is going to be quite a transformation, and I love the inspiration spaces!

Melissa @ Polished Habitat said...

Your plans for black and white goodness are going to be perfect with all the green going on outside her deck!

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry, you amaze me! This is going to be fabulous! I agree on the barstools.....they gotta go! Love your gallery wall and the colors and fabrics

Lisa Lee said...

Hi! Love the green fabric! Please tell me the name and manufacturer. thanks!!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

You know I'm loving this delicious mix of neutrals! I've been eyeing those exact Lee chairs for months for our kitchen nook - can't wait to see them in your sister's house!

Emily, our house now a home said...

I love the colors and textures you are going to use! I have a stone fireplace in my living room which is my favorite things about the room, but hard to change things up in there because of it. I am also taking part in the one room challenge as a guest and am so excited to follow along with everyone!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Can't go wrong with Lee Industries upholstery! Love all your selections.

xo
cristin // simplified bee

Cindy said...

Love the sofa choice and the chairs... swivel chairs are the best! The bar stools need to be killed and then burned... sorry. Your sister is going to die when she sees how much better this room is gonna be!

Cindy

patio garden furniture said...

Your new blog design looks fantastic! I love the colors and textures. Love all your selections. Everything looks great!

Vel Criste said...

Love your new blog look and the direction this room is headed!

Sharon Williams said...

Love everything you do, and I'm sure this will be no exception. I have very similar chairs in my office/den and we all love them. One is pretty much designated for the dog and he's a big fan, too. The new blog design looks great!

Voncelieet said...

Love the inspiration pictures... Your bar stools are fine! You can cut the back, sand them and paint them, and they would look awesome... Can't wait to see what you're gonna do with your living room!

Vanessa@Decor Happy said...

Love the Lee pieces and the fabrics you have chosen. You know I love black and white so I can't wait to see this unfold.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see how it all looks when done. What a transformation is will be!!

Back to Top