TRIMS





I have written about using trim on curtains and pillows before....so this is old news.  In fact since Pinterest, Houzz, and blogs is there anything I can tell you that you don't know?

Probably not so humor me.

 I can share with you some new ones that I saw the other day at ADAC.

Stout Brothers has some reasonably priced trims that are carried at many fabric stores.  I was mainly looking at flat braids so that is what you are going to get:)

 This style is one of my favorites....
 
Of course I am always using these colors....






So then I looked for some new examples and that turned out to be a timely job....just trying to find sources!  Geez.  I love ya but "ain't nobody got time for that"....:)

Here are the ones I found before I gave up and stomped off.

Greek key trim on a solid pillow

Sherry Hart Designs

On this one I brought in some small black pleated trim using a box style.


Sherry Hart Designs

More greek key and some ribbon trim.

Parker Kennedy Living

If it looks like all I am showing is greek key you are almost right:)

 Parker Kennedy Living

Love the detail on this box style pillow at the corners.


Mrs. Howard

More box style with braid and flat braided trim.  


Samuel and Sons

Pretty monogram framed with a double greek key.

Mrs. Howard

OK...so maybe this is the best example yet of the trims I showed you today!

Ivy Lane

One of my favorite pillow lines Lacefield Designs uses a lot of trims to define their pillows




I did find a pretty picture of some curtain trim...I love how delicate this is....

Things are progressing along with Cami.  I have weaned her off all drugs except for the Paxil [ my vet is going to help me with that].

I have been exercising her with 2-3 walks a day up to 3.5 miles!  She went to Dog Days for day care and did great.  Remember she has not been around any other dogs at all!

We decided to take her to the Piedmont Dog Park on Sunday....here is how that went.

Yup...the minute we got out of the car it started sprinkling but we weren't deterred....let's carry on.

We took cover and waiting 30 minutes for the rain to stop!  Because we did not believe the radar.

After...... we made it to the dog park.

Ha Ha.....here we are in the mud pit and NO dogs! Duh.....most sensible people left.

Alrighty then.....Trim and dogs.  That is a good combination right?

#shadon'tgiveup




13 comments

therelishedroost said...

Pillow and trim are perfect together! I love that dog!!

Anonymous said...

Like any good mother, you did not want to disappoint your baby! Kudos to you for waiting out the rain!

Anonymous said...

Trim, pillows, design, blah blah blah. ;) PLEASE keep giving us weekly updates on Cami!!!

-Lexi

Naz said...

Why is Cami on Paxil? What's the background of her taking so many meds? Kudos to you for having so much patience.

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry, These pillows are like little works of art! Love Cami, she's adorable! Trim & Dogs! Perfect!
xo
Holly

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

She is so cute. Love her white face!!! Also I love love love when you post about fabrics and trim. Yum. An absolutely wonderful diversion to the morning news, thank you!

LMBC said...

I love reading your blog for your incredible design sense and Cami is a super fun bonus! Thank you!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Trim, pillows and dog...the perfect post!

Holly said...

Ha! That time stamp on your radar pic was precisely 5 minutes after I dropped my daughter at the pool & headed to Whole Foods (oops). Can't believe you went to the dog park after that downpour! What a muddy mess!

Holly said...

Love Stout! Just picked out a few of those for some shades for a client and you're right - great price points. what stores do you find them in down in Atlanta? I don't think I've seen them up here at all. Interesting!

Karena said...

Sherry I am so happy that Cami is doing better, such a cutie!!
I adore trims of all kinds, and the Greek Key is a favorite, so any variation of it is fine with me!! On the pillows, on curtains, perfect!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Jackson Pollock

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love trim on curtains and need to add some to my bedroom drapes some day when I'm not saving for deck furniture.

Melissa Robinson said...

I love your taste when it comes to pillow designs, Sherri! They all have great designs and color combinations. They are very simple but elegant-looking too. They can truly make a place, like the living room, more alive. Thanks for sharing! :)

Melissa Robinson @ Pillow Perfect

Back to Top