NANTUCKET





Thanks for your sweet comments about my sister....Thank God it had not spread.  Cancer is such a bitch.  Of course both cancer AND heart disease run in my family so it is a crap shoot on what I will die of.

My Dad passed away from a heart attack and both my sister [triple bypass] and my brother [heart attack] have had heart problems.

My Mom died of lung cancer  [20 years ago] and now my sister has lung cancer [thank goodness they have made great strides with it] so like I said it's gonna be a coin toss.

I thought I would give you guys a little recap on my Nantucket trip.....


I love this area across from the kitchen....


And I included a picture of this rug on a previous post but dang was pretty excited that this rug we picked out in Atlanta looked so good with the rug above!



It took a while for this handmade table to be delivered but it turned out amazing!

We went to this wonderful store called Nomad....I mean look at all these pillows!




We had a beautiful dinner at this restaurant....



The entrance has a dutch door....so this is the pretty view....


It is also where the casual dining is located....I believe this used to be a screened in porch....





Love the splatter floors!


This beautiful backsplash....which is the same as what I am using for my sister [only neutrals not blue] ....so it will have a lot of variation in it...


They had some landscaping done while I was there....this was the view from my bedroom window.



They had some faux turf put in....


All along the hedge below are hydrangeas getting ready to bloom!





I mean...wowza right!



This is the living room....they just got this new piece of art.....

Custom weave rug from Nantucket Looms.....


My cute bedroom.....

We took a little walk downtown to Nantucket Looms and they had so much pretty stuff!







And for a fun treat....I received a tour of this beautiful classic home belonging to my friends husbands Mom's.



I could have spent a few hours in there hearing about everything!



And dang....this lobster roll was spectacular!


This was the last night up on the rooftop area....



It was cold.....


It was very relaxing...no agenda everyday which is what I needed.....

Cause now I am home and there is a damn agenda everyday:)

Alrighty then...should have some update from the kitchen reno soon....trying to make decisions on the countertops!

Shaycantdecide




8 comments

Michelle Walker said...

Hi Sherry - love your blog every day. Ummmm... there is a questionable topic at the top of your blog listing that describes "coconut oil." Er, I'm not a prude by any means.. but didn't know if you would want that on a home decor blog, LOL

Who am I to say, though! I'm 57. hahah

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing those beautiful pic. You look like a happy native. I need that rug you purchased in Atlanta.
The lobster roll is making my mouth water. Glad you had a great trip and that you are making great memories.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning both outside and in. That looked like the perfect place to spend some relaxing time. As for the lobster roll, delicious looking!

barbara said...

While I have never been to Nantucket, this looks exactly what my mind thinks it looks like- gorgeous fresh looking spaces, beautiful scenery. Appears that no one rushes there. Sigh
Glad you had a much-deserved great time!

JMom said...

We redid our kitchen in 2019, just before COVID. If you can find the right slabs of quartzite that go with your design, I'd highly recommend it over quartz. I have quartzite in the kitchen and quartz in the master bath, and I much prefer the stone over manmade.

AnneHH said...

Beautiful snaps from Nantucket! Love that island vibe and all of the beauty of the interiors and gardens. Thanks for sharing and so happy that you go a much deserved rest!!

Gail Storti said...

Wow…what a beautiful area to spend a few days, or even a lifetime! I adore all the pics you posted and would be happy to stay in any of the rooms, gardens, stores, etc! I never want your blog to end.

Sarah said...

In our family it's Alzheimer's. There's no perfect exit so in the meantime let's keep enjoying the beauty and the humor in front of us. So appreciate your sharing!💕

Back to Top