MORE NANTUCKET





Alrighty then....more discussion about my trip to Nantucket.  As I said my neighbors just finished their extensive home renovation so even during a pandemic I hightailed it up there practically dressed in a hazmat suit....for a little vacation.  Well.... I did help them place 38 pieces of art.....but lucky for me I did not have to hang them!

I might have mentioned that I did not do the design work.  Yeah....she really needed someone who was there to handle the weekly issues that always come up during this kind of work.  I get it but I will continue to  make them feel guilty about it :)

They used Nantucket Looms who did a great job.  I will admit to zhushing a little....it is just in my DNA.


This was my sweet bedroom while I was there.....

This beautiful chair covered in one of my favorite Schumacher fabrics!


Here are some pictures of the main living area....



Looking through my selected pictures.....I realize that I got very few full shots of the spaces.....not exactly sure why....call it "vacation brain".


I loved this rug....it looks like little houses!

Basically I am just giving you moments....but pretty ones right?



I mentioned that we did a little shopping and I spied these cute art pieces in a window and thought they would be cute.....
 


I had to get creative with the hanging as there were only 5 that would work.....


This is a banquet area but the table has not come in yet....
Sometimes when you have a lot of art...it's nice to variate not only the style but size.....IMHO



Some great tile moments....this was the mud room/laundry room....and a place to put the dogs when they go out.....


Cute little Lulu....

A few more tile moments....in the basement bathrooms.


 
There are 2 of these small bookcases.....and I had to scrounge around for stuff to accessorize with:)



I actually did re-arrange a few pillows....when they weren't looking....haha.  



Pillow combinations from the other bedrooms.....



Beautiful rug in the master bedroom.....

I hope you got a cup of coffee or a glass of wine....this is an extra long post:)



Fun powder room.....


The front door opens to what used to be a screened in porch I think.....





And last up is the kitchen....with this gorgeous backsplash....





Well there you have it!  Thoughts?  Favorite elements?

Geez that was like a months full of pictures in one post!  But I really wanted to share these with you...

So listen....have a great Tuesday and think about me while I go to a large un-airconditioned warehouse looking for countertops with a mask on.  You might hear about me tonight on the news....old lady passes out at slap yard....hahaha

Shayoldlady




11 comments

Michele Q said...

I am just dying over their rugs! The entire house looks like a dream.

Patty M said...

Well, didn't hear of a lady from Atlanta passing out, so guess you survived the warehouse...lol! Just walking down an aisle in a store, when no one is around, I'll pull my mask off my nose to get a breath..shhh, don't tell.

WOW!! So, much goodness to this house. A lot of energy and love went into it..it shows.

Love Nantucket. Felt like I took a virtual vacation via your blog posts... Thanks!!

Another great post, thanks much!!

Gail Storti said...

My oh my...this house is dreamy! I love every inch of it and would die to move in right now! It has such a comfortable, beach vibe that I don’t know how they could leave to go back home. I suppose their home in your neighborhood is fabulous too. Actually, you could have shared a hundred photos and I’d still want to see more. Next time you go, I’d be happy to be your assistant and carry your bags!

Chris said...

Love the rugs!!! Do you know whose they are? Locally sourced? So unique!!!

La Contessa said...

HAPPY YOU GOT AWAY!
I am CERTAIN your FRIENDS loved your INPUT and PILLOW re-ARRANGING!
TAKE A FROZEN BOTTLE OF WATER WITH YOU to press on YOUR NECK!!!!!!!I'm probably too LATE with THAT INFO!!!
LET US KNOW YOU MADE IT!
XX

Marilyn in Mt. Vernon, VA said...

Lovely!
However, the black bed in the room where you slept...I'd paint it a much lighter color. 💚

Karen said...

Such a pretty house and great to have friends you can visit in Nantucket (a favorite). I love the rooms and you did a great job advising on the art. Love those little paintings you found for your friend.
Karen

AnneHH said...

Oh, what a very pretty post!! I especially loved the bed with the beautiful coordinated throw pillows. Colorful pillows in complementary fabrics with white bedding is my very favorite look! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! How fun to be able to get our of Atlanta and go to an island in New England. I hope you got some respite form the heat. I am in DC and it has been the hottest summer on record which makes being stuck here :( especially hard. Loved this post!!

mamajan said...

I loved everything in this post! But what really caught my eye, was the floor in the former screened in porch! Oh how I love that floor! Could you tell me more about it? Is it paint with speckles, or tile, or vinyl? I think I could do my whole house in it. Thanks for posts, I really enjoy them.

Angela said...

Rugs! Would like be to know the source of main room rug!!

benafique said...

Thanks for sharing such a useful information. For more information visit Contemporary house decor

Back to Top