PROJECT UPDATE





It was the first weekend in a long time that I did not have an agenda.  So I planned.....what you ask?

Well my husband was going down to the beach....because he can.  He's retired.  Me on the other hand...got too much going on.  BUT.....my mission was to do the "great closet clean out of 2016"....or possibly the decade.

I can't do it while he is home because he won't let me throw away anything even if it is 3 sizes too small and has stains all over it.  Him: "I can do chores in that shirt"  Me:  "You don't do chores".

I bought all of those thin hangers they had at HomeGoods and after waving him off at 8:00 am Sunday morning I was like a ninja running into the house to get to work.

I made great progress finishing his side and getting almost half of my side done after 6 hours!  Just one question....how do pants shrink just sitting in the closet:)

I have some updates on a project I have been working on since last August.  This house was a complete gut....I mean there wasn't anything left untouched.


 First up is the island....stained oak!  I'm excited about this especially with the tiles floors.....


This Walker Zanger herringbone backsplash.


And Oh Baby....this pewter table top by Francois and Co I love when I suggest something and my client get's excited also.  Whoop.




In the "scullery" kitchen we used soapstone countertops and a dark charcoal subway tile from Renaissance Tile and Bath....hubba hubba!  The countertop will get darker after it is oiled.....

Pretty iron window!

You wanna see more?

Dining room chandelier....my favorite Circa Lighting....the Belvoir.


The antique mirror over the mantel.  This was such a small firebox we had to make it special and used these concrete balls....



The Emtek door hardware....

This is a linen closet upstairs...can't wait to pick out some pretty hardware for these doors....think I'll head over to The Matthew Quinn Collection to find something special!


3 of these Circa Lighting Regent Oval sconces in the LR

The laundry room light from SchoolHouse Electric.  Blue paint color is SW Indigo Batik

GP and Baker wallpaper with the Circa Lighting Monrovia star light in the powder room....


Thibaut grasscloth with a damask pattern in the foyer.

We went for pure whimsy in this small half bath using a Scion wallpaper.

In the 2 guest baths upstairs I used I used these CL Graydon sconces

Kohler Margaux faucets with a gray honed granite

And last.....
Picking out the floor stain color on the hickory floors.  We went for the 2nd one up 1/2 dark walnut mixed with 1/2 jacobean.

There is so much more to post about this project! Every once in a while you get a client who enjoys the process as much as you do.....we both get giddy when we are at her home and  see that something pretty has happened:)

Have a great week!

Sherika





12 comments

Heather said...

That project is shaping up to be just GORGEOUS!!!!

Kathysue said...

Absolutely stunning, every single element is a show stopper!! Love the lighting throughout!!

Stacey {steward of design} said...

So much to love I can't list them all!

Chelsea said...

Everything you picked for that project is beyond gorgeous!

Denise said...

You are too funny, Sherry! Your post today tickled me! You think hubs will miss his old clothing next time he does chores?

Have been following your blog now for past few months and really appreciate your design tips and the sources!
I will never have a "show home" but do get inspiration from you and your exceptional talent!

Do you give out the names of individuals who do the skilled labor, such as carpentry, wallpaper hanging, painting, sewing pillows?

Lisa said...

Thank you for sharing! I love seeing your projects come together....and yes, I agree, why do pants shrink in the closet???

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

You amaze me! I love everything that you pick out - this is going to be a stunning home when its finished:)

kjohnson said...

It's coming together nicely!! Can't wait to see it complete!!

Anonymous said...

You and I are married to the same man, can not throw anything out. Makes me crazy. Love your blog especially enamored of your fireplace treatment. That is so elegant. Should be a magazine front page. Good work! Ann

Unknown said...

I SLAY ALL DAY!!!!

A happy reader said...

As soon as I win the lottery, I'm calling you! You rock!

Anonymous said...

what is the last floor stain that doesn't have a label on it? LOVE IT and your blog :)

Back to Top