BALLARD DESIGNS




I think I got lucky....
I heard from quite a few of you about your Stitch Fix [try and say that 5 times fast....] experience and most of the time it wasn't good.  Yikes. 

I am surprised because....I am pretty darn picky.  Most said that even though they wrote:  do not send me gray...their "stylist" kept sending them GRAY!

I guess like any company there are some people who just don't listen and think they know best right?

 I wasn't kidding when I told y'all it was going to be a busy weekend.

Thursday I was at the Mart....Friday and Saturday I was at Haven and Sunday....back to the Mart.
  
Whew.  I could not fit in a trip to Scott's:(

And.....I had to pull out those "sensible shoes".

One of the sponsors of Haven was Ballard Designs.  The had small rooms set up with furniture and I spotted this fabric.


On this sweet chair.
Cute huh?  Love the tape with the nailheads.

And this fabric....

On these chairs.

I don't know if it was the pattern or the color but I was giddy.

That prompted me to go online and see what I had been missing at Ballard Designs.

I picked out my top 9 fabrics.....cause 9 fit the best:)

All of these are fairly classic but sometimes putting a pattern on an occasional chair can add some life to a room.

I also picked out 9 of my favorite chandeliers.


I feel like most of these could stand the test of time.  I am quite fond of the last one.

And....here are my favorite rugs, accessories and pillows.

 The black and sepia tone prints from Suzanne Kassler could go anywhere along with the egg prints.  Pillows are self explanatory.....love.  And I could use any of these rugs in a room.


This could be a bedroom....or a family room.  With neutral walls and furniture you could layer up this space with texture and pattern.

It's back to the mart today....getting tired of putting on makeup.....cause really what is the point.  I saw some pictures on Instagram of me and thought "how do they know my grandma?"

Make it a great week!

Shafreak






15 comments

StagerLinda said...

HA! Toooo Funny! I look in the mirror and see my Mother! L-O-V-E those chairs. Gotta pin that sweet little vignette. Soak your feet and have a glass of wine this evening.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

It was so nice to meet you at Haven, Sherry, and I loved the cute top you were wearing! Yes, those chairs are fabulous. I'm so excited that my team won one of the coffee table challenges, so I have a little bit of Ballard $$ to go shopping with. You've got my wheels spinning!

Vel Criste said...

I love the 2 patterns your chose too Sherry! Didn't notice though in the recent catalogues I got! Your kind of busy-ness is sounds really fun still. :-)

JOSÉ PEDRO RODRIGUES/ APARTMENT 312 said...

Amazing patterns! I speacilly love the geometric ones ;)The zig-zag it's my favourite!!

zepedrorodrigues.blogspot.pt

cindy hattersley design said...

Shari you crack me up...god do I know that feeling..."that is a great picture of you" and you are thinking I don't really look like that do I? I love that Ballard pendant light too..I was thinking about it for a project would love to hear what it looks like in person!

therelishedroost said...

They really have stepped up their game at Ballard, some great light fixtures too!

Simply LKJ said...

I am loving the new fabrics Ballards has come out with! Totally forgot Scott's was this weekend! UGH.

Woodside Park said...

Great patterns and cool colors! Ballard is an awesome source. Thanks for sharing some of your favs.

Virginia Country House said...

I'm loving tape and nailheads now, and really, not terribly hard to do to update an older, kind of blah upholstered piece. Great post! xo, N.G.

Unknown said...

Great chair in the first shot and love all they're doing right now. Sounds like you are busy good! You need a day off without makeup but don't be too hard on yourself! You are NOT your grandmother..you are beautiful! xo Nancy

Sarah said...

So glad I got to meet you at Haven, even if I acted like a crazy fangirl. 'Cause I am ;) Loved that furniture as well. The fabric was killer.

pam {simple details} said...

I saw that chair when you posted on IG, love, love, love!! You are crazy girl, I also saw a super cute pic of you!!

designchic said...

Love so much from Ballard and always love Suzanne Kasler's designs for them. The chair is great and such a fun fabric!!

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Haven sounded like such a blast! Those Ballard chairs are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I'm a huge Ballard fan and have each of those coral fabric samples...just waiting for a project where I can use them! Ordered the solid coral pillows for a client recently for a living room with grays and blues. Love the pop of cheery color they provide! Elle @ Summerland Homes & Gardens

Back to Top