UPDATE ON A PROJECT WITH LADISIC FINE HOMES






Boy did I feel all of your love and support after my post.  You know.....sometimes it is hard to know what to share...or how much to share but if I can help someone who is having the same feelings I am then it's worth it....

You know how social media is....we try to make it seem like we are "all that" and life is perfect....but really it's just smoke and mirrors because we know that life can be messy for everyone on occasion right?

So now you know the real truth.....and that's OK with me:)  You are my warriors.

I have mentioned before that I am working on a spec house with man genius Michael Ladisic and the team over at Linda MacAuthur Architects.  It's pretty awesome as Matthew Quinn is doing the kitchen.  The team is back together!  I could not be more excited to be working with all of them.....

Here are some pictures of what is going on!

This is the playroom or office or workout room....whatever your heard desires!

Added some nice trim to this wall.....

The playroom bathroom....I fell in love with this plaid tile.  So fun.




The shower floors




My inspiration board....


The vanity that is being built.  This one is by Native Trails but Michael has his own cabinet company....

Below you can see the vanity sample....


Below is the master bathroom tile....


And this is the trim going in where the MBR tub will be....

My inspiration.....



The vanity will be white oak and this light stain.

Ceiling in the master bedroom....


Another bathroom.....

The vanity will be a dark stain which I am a little giddy about....

In this bathroom.....the patterned tile goes up the wall behind the vanity!

The upstairs laundry room.....

This is the bar area that opens up to the pool....those white concrete tiles....I die.

This is the scullery and that door opens into a pantry....

I love the trim detail on this entry to the kitchen/family room



Stairs in the foyer.....stunning!


Gonna be lots of good detail in this area....the kitchen is going in now.


 Selecting the hardware from MQC....


The tile is going in the pool.....






Deciding on a paint color.....



Working on spec homes...it is hard to know how neutral to keep things.  You are trying to appeal to a large audience because the goal is to sell the house right?  In my opinion you want the kitchen/master bedroom and bath to be a more neutral palette and then you can have a little fun with secondary spaces.  Somebody come buy this house so I can decorate it:)

I should have updated pictures soon as because it is full steam ahead to get this one on the market in the next month or so!

I'm pretty glad it is Friday....such a challenging week for me but you know what?  

I made it.  

One step at a time....one day at a time.....one week at a time. 

Shaypushingforward









14 comments

Dana Frieling said...

Gah! So much goodness!

Laura Lisa Pryor - Linda MacArthur Architects said...

Looking great all around!! Just a friendly reminder to remember to mention the team at Linda MacArthur Architect for the awesome architecture and interior architectural elements! lots of love and hard work in this project!

Christina said...

Wow wow wow... so beautiful! Love the master bedroom and master bathroom !!!!!

Patty M said...

THIS HOUSE!!! LOVE ALL YOUR CHOICES...GAA!!

My husband is a framer, and all our homes have had a wood ceiling, so I know a teeny bit about install and the math it takes.

That curved wood ceiling...knocks my socks off!! That's A LOT of work and oh so cool!!

barbara said...

While I am looking for a new place to place my hat, my guess is this one is way more grand than coins in my pocket!
NICELY DONE!

Hope you can relax with your pup and a glass of wine or two this weekend

Mel said...

Wow, so much goodness in this one. Can’t wait to see the finished project! I learned a new term - scullery.

I know you’re glad to get this week behind you and start putting the pieces back together. You made it and good things are to come!

Dian Owens said...

Everything about this house scrumptious!

Gail Storti said...

This house is drop dead fabulous even in its current state, can hardly wait for the final reveal. Whoever buys it sure would be smart to hire you to decorate it, you would make it a showcase of impeccable style! You are the warrior, Sherry, so keep hanging in there. We’re all behind you 100%!

Jennie said...

So Pretty! Will you please share the exterior paint color?

Jennifer said...

Love,prayers and admiration. My husband died suddenly a year ago, and you will be okay. Your work will sustain you, and keep us inspired and dreaming!

Anonymous said...

Your work is a blessing. It's important that not only are you able to play with such prettiness but it's also valuable to your mind. It's the kind of distraction that will help you move on.

The house is going to be gorgeous when finished.

Louie said...

Everything you design is perfection

Anonymous said...

Your selections are beautiful. Can you post what neighborhood in Atlanta this is in? I have friends looking to buy a new house here. Crossing my fingers it's Buckhead or Brookhaven area.

Katy said...

You are beautiful and talented and I don't even know you yet I'm so proud of your strength. Hugs from Austin!

Back to Top