ATLANTA HOMES AND LIFESTYLES




I have made no secret that AH&L is one of my favorite design magazines.  I am constantly amazed when every time I open the pages my face goes white and my hands get clammy with design envy.

This month was no exception.  Bob Brown and Jimmy Stanton.

Boom.....

Bob I'm coming for you....to perform an exorcism where I become you and you get me....yeah that is a bad deal for you but whatev......

Anyway this is his personal lake house and it got my brain all in a tizzy.



Um....it's OK I guess.



 I am all over this kitchen..... cause that is pretty much my granite which I could change [not happening while I am still married to this husband] or just put up a million dollars worth of shiplap [probably not happening either.....drats].


Kapow.
That chest is so darn gorgeous.



Next up is Jimmy Stanton.

His pad in Madison, Georgia was on tour last weekend so I missed it.  Crap.


OK....on second thought I am on my way now to buy a can of dark gray paint and throw it up in the kitchen.



I do not hate this table base.

This.....green sofa.  Boom.



Cole and Son wallpaper.

Meanwhile I am down in Florida making such important design decisions it is mind blowing.


I had new pillow shams made so I needed a couple of accents.  Do I go with the dark blue 

Or....
This color.

Whew I am exhausted from decision making.
Yeah I know.  I have been wanting to paint this headboard for 10 years.



Oh well.  There is always next year.

Last up is Dear Carolina.  Our blogger friend from Design Chic.... Kristy Woodson Harvey has written a book! It launches today.


So excited for her.  Go to Design Chic and see how you can win....wait for it....a 1000.00 shopping spree!

Sha'est la vie






20 comments

Julie said...

SO much eye candy!! And I like your choice of mint pillows :)

Carrie said...

Love everything about all of this. Can't go wrong with either of those pillow choices, but the second is so fresh. I'm reading Kristy's book right now; it's good and so is that giveaway!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i will meet you at the paint store for that paint. and that cloudy like wallpaper. and some wood to make that table base.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

JUst got back from Florida last night. Wasn't the weather great?? I just need to subscribe to Atlanta Homes since I can't get it here. Love the fresh new pillows!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Dang those are some kind of gorgeous rooms! Your pillow choices are brilliant, you deserve a vacation! ;-)

Emily A. Clark said...

Holy cow. Sheer perfection.

designchic said...

Like you, I am the biggest fan of Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles and these two homes are amazing. I don't know if I just have kitchens on the brain, but both of them are incredible! Thank you so, so much for your support of Dear Carolina. I am one proud Mom and am so grateful for your this unbelievable blog world…your the best!!

René said...

Perfect! I need to get my hands on this issue!

Cindy said...

Wow! All amazing. I love those little leather island seats...
and loved both pillow choices!

Cindy

therelishedroost said...

I love that magazine too! What great images!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Those first few rooms have me itching to paint my living room white.....until I remember how long winter lasts around here! But so beautiful!!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

you just kill me with your color commentary. thanks for the intro to these boys. drooling

Unknown said...

Oh man.. that grey kitchen...and dining room.. and green sofa... can't get enough. Too good!!!

Suzy said...

OK - you sealed the deal for me. I don't live in ATL, but I'm from there and have been on the fence forevvvver about subscribing to the magazine. I'm gonna get off that fence today and subscribe!

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

Wowzers! So pretty! BTW, I vote for dark blue pillows!

Unknown said...

Very inspiring post! So many beautiful elements to all the spaces. Wow!

Blue or green pillows? Both great... Green is softer, blue is crisper.

Thanks for sharing so much inspiration!
Judy G.

Beth C. said...

So...while your down here in Florida, how about a detour a little more south to Sarasota? Pretty please? I need you! Best, Beth C.

Vanessa@Decor Happy said...

Beautiful spaces and now I must have a green velvet sofa and a moody grey kitchen. Have fun in Florida making your intense decisions! :)

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com said...

agreed - gorgeous gorgeous! love all those over-sized chandeliers - I will take one of those for my house!

Paul said...

Great Article... I love the white upholstery in the second picture!

Back to Top