ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK 6







First of all......I am amazed that 6 weeks have gone by.  Especially when I started the first week by whining like a 6 year old.  Thankfully Linda has had experience with children and politely  told me to stuff a sock in it.

I am glad she ignored my rant......and........feel quite honored to have been  included.  There was a ton of work involved with coordinating this event so I should have not been so concerned about ME.

As my husband gently informs me at times.....Sherry....the world DOES NOT involve around you.  

Well...OK then.  Got it.

On to the festivities.  Since my ORC involved a client it was not like I could move it any faster than I did.  As a matter of fact I have to say it helped me stay focused a little more than usual.

That is a good thing.

On to the pictures.  Oh wait.  I forgot to say that yesterday morning I was trying to take a few pictures of something and realized my camera was broken.  Holy shitzle......now what.  

Panic was setting in.  I have to have a camera for tomorrow  [said in a very high pitched voice with teeth clenched].

I ran up to Wolf Camera and he said..."yup it's busted and it will be 300.00 to fix".  

WHAT?  It only cost about 370.00 to begin with.  Now what.  Brain all fuzzy....dither.....CRAP.  I HAVE to have a camera.  I would have borrowed one but who?????  

OK....alright....think. 
 
New Camera.  Bigger and better of course.  No other alternative.  I will get the other one fixed but I will find a cheaper place.

Throw down at Best Buy.  Shoot.....do I even have time to figure out  how to use a new camera?  [I read how to charge the battery...insert memory card and turn off the flash]  I managed to get some decent shots.

The goal of this room was to lighten it up.....

Here is the before picture of the wall for the large mirror.


And here is after the mirror was installed today.  It just fit.  Seriously it went all the way to the top of the crown and right down to the edge of the console.  I did measure so I knew it would be tight!

Boom...we both love it!
Taken with my new camera of which I have no idea how to use.


I brought this basket [from my basement] and threw in a few plants from Kroger.  We have not even begun to style yet so I needed  flowers.

She loves the RL fabric and is really glad she chose it!  Me too!

The coffee table gets painted tomorrow but here is the large basket I got at PB.

We aren't finished with the sofa yet...a few changes are needed but here is a peek.

Oh yeah....here was our biggest fan...she loved everything :)

Next week....hopefully the bookshelves and coffee table.  Here is one of the before shots.  I have already started gathering things to pretty it up.

  

We both agreed that I will keep going and continue to post on Wednesdays until this room is finished.  You know how some designers name their clients?  Is there one word for nicest,  sweetest, cutest, all around bestest?  How about creme de la creme.....flower...jewel.  I should also through in "good sport".....right?

Said while standing on a podium....."Thanks for hanging in there with me.  I got excited for Wednesday's and the updates on everyone else's blog.  It gave me a reason for living.....well that might be a little strong.....but I did look forward to it!"

Lauren - The Cottage Mix
Lindsay - Everything LEB
Barbara - Hodge:Podge
Tiffany - Living Savvy
Jessie - Mix & Chic
Danylle - Nana Moon
Jennifer - The Pink Pagoda
Emily - Rue de Emily
Lindsay - Sadie + Stella

I am excited to see the progress of the other ORC bloggers!  So get to reading people.

Sha Boom!



















40 comments

Nicole Scott said...

Looks really pretty so far! I love some of her accessories already...piece of cake for you! Can't wait to catch up with you next week and see more!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Sha Boom....For sure....
LOVE...LOVE THE MIRROR. Oh Sherry did I say I love the mirror?
and the RL...pillows..to die for, but you are PP and know your pillows!!

The room is great and now there is more to look forward to...Christmas continues.....

The camera...can't say how I smiled...yes, the chip charge and all. You held it together...But you are a PRO!
Patty

René said...

The mirror looks perfect and made such a difference! Looking good!

A Perfect Gray said...

there has NEVER, in the history of magazines and blogs, been two better before and after images to represent the importance of SCALE. that mirror is made for that space. beautifully done, sherika.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

wahoooo! ive been so excited to see yours. Looks great - that mirror kills it!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

That mirror is da bomb! As if it was made for that wall. ANd those pillows are fab. Can't wait to see everything else! I'm glad you'll keep posting on Wednesday as I think I'll be facing ORC withdrawal.

Pura Vida said...

I love those pillows too!

Pura Vida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LiveLaughDecorate said...

Lolz. Can't believe you survived sister mama. Loving it so far. That mirror fits that wall like a glove. And I'm in love those pillows. That client deserves all the adjectives you listed missy. She is a true sport.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I am so glad you hung in...I knew you would enjoy it. That mirror makes the room. I keep scrolling over the before and after..yes, same lamps....yes, same table...etc. I just can't get over how great it is looking. Love the pillows. I'm glad to know that you will continue posting progress, because I really want to see the after on that table.

Woodside Park said...

Hey Sherry - Fabulous! The metal mirror is my favorite....takes the eye up! I love its presence. And of course your pillows....you are the expert!
xoxo
Loi

tanyaj said...

love it all. i might have to steal a few ideas.. can't wait to see the bookshelves. i struggle there! i am a basket person and i love the pb one. it looks wonderful...

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That mirror is so fabulous on that wall, I love the light it reflects. I want it badly!!! How excited your client must be to see it all coming together!! Thanks for sharing…it's so fun to see all the pieces make a whole design.

The enchanted home said...

You are on fire! Loving everything you have done, the pillows, mirror, baskets....it all is coming together beautifully. And your biggest fan might be the sweetest and cutest accessory of them all:)

Mary said...

Holy Moly! You are such a tease!
From what you showed us, it's going to look amazing.
I can't tell you how much I love the mirror. I have come so close to purchasing it for myself. And I have the perfect spot for it. But the Mr. says if I buy another thing for the house he'll divorce me. HMMM...I wonder if it would look as good in a new bachlorette pad.

Caroline @ Between Your Ears said...

Sherry, each and every one of your posts makes me laugh out loud!! Thank you!

Had so much fun at lunch the other week! Hope you're swell!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

That mirror makes the space! Looks fantastic and I do love those RL pillows myself. PS what is this new camera of yours - the pics look pretty good and I need something besides the iphone (that is super easy ) Email me if you get a moment.

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Junell said...

Looks like a magaazine! Love your photog abilities; great cropping & angles. Fabrics are lovely & colors are stunning. Lucky client! Camera situation would so have happened to moi.... You worked it way better then I would have. Sherrific strikes again. So glad for more as I was not looking forward to going cold turkey on the ORC. Will be tuning in for more.

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

love the mirror! love the pillowS! can't wait for more!

The Pink Pagoda said...

That mirror is FANTASTIC!! The room is looking gorgeous and I will keep coming back to see it finished. I'm SO HAPPY you stayed in, Sherry! This has been so much fun!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

That mirror is gorgeous and made such a big statement! Love it. The pillows are looking great too!

WWL said...

The room is looking great. Can't wait to see it when it is finished.

Kim said...

I am sooo happy with the RL fabric on those pillows ... they add warmth and fun! And the mirror ... PERFECT! Can't wait to see more and loved doing this ORC thing with you!

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

Oh it's so pretty!!! I love that huge mirror so much!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Love how this is looking. Love the basket under the coffee table and the pillows! And, the mirror! Awesome! You crack me up! Love the drama that went with it all.

angela | the painted house said...

Those RL pillows look pretty darn awesome...did Sudi whip those out already? She's good!

The mirror was made for that spot. Perfect!

Barbara Matson said...

You are so amazing, even this room isn't done it is looking good. I LOVE that mirror. I am not totally done either. Glad we worked alongside you - you are the best. And sorry about the camera, that is crummy. I have a fancy shmancy SLR {its my hubby'} and I hardly know how to use it, hence my sad photos!

Can't wait to see the room unfold! Glad you stuck it out!

aimee {sixteen fourteen} said...

That mirror is stunning, pillows are beautiful, and the baby is darling! Can't wait for next week!

Naz said...

I'm so jealous. I wish that was my room and I haven't even seen the final product yet.

Unknown said...

Wonderful Sherry, I love it. and I absolutely LOVE YOUR WRITING.. you crack me up.

The pillows will surely glam up the sofa, but I love the zebra ones on the chairs!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love the new mirror. Looks amazing!

michele said...

i want that mirror. now. i cannot believe what an impact it made.

i think your spouse may be mistaken. the world does revolve around you.

michele

Mary Ann Pickett said...

THAT MIRROR LOOKS AWESOME!

Unknown said...

That mirror is PERFECT for that spot - geesh, I love it!

Jessie said...

That mirror is perfect for the space! Love your pillow selections as well. Looking forward to next week for updates!

Thanks for your lovely comments on my master bedroom. :)

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

that mirror is all kinds of fabulous!!!!!! Love it all and can't wait to see more!

Amanda said...

so I was at Kravet today and they had the RL fabric on two club chairs and I totally got in trouble for stroking it too much. me loves it!

Kathysue said...

Loving it alllll!! the basket is a favorite of mine, I love a pretty basket and that one is gorgeous! Great choices!! The mirror really opens the room up nicely,
xo Kathysue

StagerLinda said...

The mirror is a masterpiece! It really makes the room sing. LOVE the pillows. I'm so glad we get to see the room continue to be worked. I am going to miss ORC! Now, I can still look forward to Wednesdays.

Lisa Mende Design said...

I love it SHa fabulous! I like the idea of continuing to post unil the room is done. I think I will continue to post the rest of the house I did too. Good idea sha smart! xoxox ! Thanks for support of me in the High Point Style Spotter Contest! big kiss!!!

Back to Top