LOOK WHAT I FOUND





I wish I had more time for thrift stores.....cause the other day I had a few minutes..... ran into one and scored.   Now when I say "scored"...well it was nothing I needed but dang...I could not leave them for someone else to discover.

Why?

Well...that seems to be the million dollar question for everyone....right?

Then it launched me into a creative dither of pulling out fabrics.  Like I don't have enough to do that I start designing for an imaginary client.....focus Sherry.

Blah Blah......

Here is what I found.

For practically pennies......

The first 2.  Now I realize these are no Michelangelo's.  But....they do have a kind of interesting primitive quality to them....

2 more.  All for under $10.  One thousand pennies.

I could even paint over them...which I won't because I am  not an artist......  No way Jose.

Just for grins of course I had to go into my office and put a plan together....
Maybe a bedroom.....
Paint the walls...or the ceiling

Farrow and Ball: Pink Ground.



Headboard in the pretty soft green with nail heads right.

I even found this pretty soft velvet pillow on Etsy

White bedding with large Euro shams in the Windsor Smith Pelagos/Haze

A chair/bench in the blue Schumacher stripe.

Oh the endless possibilities.

Then...
I got carried away....


As I said.....imaginary client.....or someone might call me and say "please come do one of those plans at my house".  I will say..."your damn straight".  Let's do it.

Back to reality.

I'll probably just give them away.....

This was your random post for Monday.  

I drove up to see the Cashiers Designer Show House Friday and Saturday.  It was purdy....and I believe the house was for sale for a cool 5 million.  Crikey.

Of course they were all "no pictures"....which irritates me.   I mean if you saw some good images wouldn't you be more inclined to drive up there and see it???  

I snuck a few with my iphone but I am not sure the quality is worth sharing....


Except for this outside shot.  I bet I have peaked your interest now.  Not.

I did get to hang out with some extremely fun chicks.

Stayed in Angela's cottage in Waynesville.  Which you can see pictures of here.

Good times.

Sherika





25 comments

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

When do you sleep? What do you mean putting together "imaginary design plans"?? Ha, just kidding! Love the paintings.

I had so much fun this weekend. See you tomorrow!

Lori

NanaDiana said...

What fun pictures and I love your imaginary uses of them- xo Diana

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Would love to be the "Imaginary Client"!

Angela's place looks so perfect. What a beautiful place she has created!

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Came across your blog a while back, and did some "back-reading" just now... (actually for a lonnng time!!!)... WHAT FUN!!!

The pic of the tour home enchanted me... we just bought a golf course lot in the mountains, so we can build a "mountain house" to go to in the summer months... (the Tucson area is just tooooo danged H*O*T in the summer!)...

I am soooo excited about this, as I get to design (am NOT a pro... an architect will put my ideas to paper later) & decorate & I'm just thinking of allllll kinds of things I want to do... Enjoyed what you did on your remodel... you're reeeeeally TALENTED in your home AND the vacation house!!!

Thanks so much for the fun reads...
Linda in AZ
bellesmom1234@comcast.nnet

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, you lucky girl. I bet y'all had a blast up there. I would love to see that house. Another one to add to the list. Love your art finds. I love people pieces like those.

Linda in AZ * said...

*** Came across your blog a while back, and did some "back-reading" just now... (actually for a lonnng time!!!)... WHAT FUN!!!

The pic of the tour home enchanted me... we just bought a golf course lot in the mountains, so we can build a "mountain house" to go to in the summer months... (the Tucson area is just tooooo danged H*O*T in the summer!)...

I am soooo excited about this, as I get to design (am NOT a pro... an architect will put my ideas to paper later) & decorate & I'm just thinking of allllll kinds of things I want to do... Enjoyed what you did on your remodel... you're reeeeeally TALENTED in your home AND the vacation house!!!

Thanks so much for the fun reads...
Linda in AZ
bellesmom1234@comcast.nnet

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Love thrift stores...not enough of them in my area.

A Perfect Gray said...

I'm such a nut for original art. and that pink pillow is the bomb.

you were right around my old stompin' grounds. I grew up in western north carolina. beautiful area...donna

Pura Vida said...

are you my twin sister? Man! I love your finds...very much. You're right some of it is naive and very hard to re-create, in just the right place it will look like a million bucks...but that vase of oriental lilies knocked my socks off, especially with your palette...very very cool!

Karena said...

I really love the two still lives! The fabrics you chose are perfection. It makes me so happy to see designers plan a room around a work of art!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artists Series Featuring Harrison Howard

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I thought I was the only one who built imaginary rooms on a whim. I do that all the time, in my head, when I am at a great consignment store. I think of the client I could reinvent a piece for, and on and on. I make myself nuts and then move on. Love it all, and wow, I would have loved to see the interior of that house!

Holly Gruszka said...

Those paintings Sherry - I can't get over them. The flowers remind me of Lulle Wallace. You're speaking my language with those design ideas you whipped up with the fabrics - you're so good. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

michele said...

there you go again.

creative juices always flowin.

michele

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

post those illegal photos of the house! (i agree, hate when a show house says no photos!!!)

You are crazy...i love how you pulled together those design ideas!

StagerLinda said...

Oooooh, How I love when something inspires you to go off on a tangent! Love the paintings~!

Unknown said...

I love finding cool art like that - great prices! I love that last one and those fun fabrics! No pictures of that house- boo- what's the point? Bet you all had fun!

Unknown said...

I want to see more pics of the show house!!! What a fun time with the girls!
We mentioned your fab ORC look on our post today...Thanks for inspiring my entry dreams..
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love these great art pieces you bought and what a deal! The fabrics you found to go with them would make a wonderful design.

Angie said...

Ha Ha! This made me laugh because I have been known to want to decorate around a new piece like that. Luckily, I have not the time nor energy or money to do it..whew! It is fun to dream though, huh!

Morgan said...

Love, LOVE those paintings! Great finds!! And great inspiration, that pink/coral is an absolutely beautiful.

lisaroy said...

Great finds! And your imaginary scheme is perfect. Wouldn't that 5 mil abode be nice? :)

Jessie said...

It is definitely fun to imagine a design scheme around an item, isn't that the best part about decorating? The furniture/ accessories sourcing, the planning and the imagining are what makes decorating so exciting!

Thanks for entering my book giveaway! Good luck.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Unknown said...

You should find some time for thrift stores, i can't believe some of the fantastic finds i've had over the years. i love that velvet kidney!

xoxo,
Amanda

Lauren (The Cottage Mix) said...

Hi Sherry. Boy I've been behind on my blog reading. Your ORC room looks great. Love the styling. I just finished mine today. Phew! The Olympics party was adorable...looked like fun. And score you did my friend with the paintings. So jealous that you live so close to Cashiers. We spent a week there in July but with 4 kids and 8 an hour drive it was a hike...but soo worth it. That place is beautiful!
Take care...Lauren

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Hey! I just realized who you are.
I took your class at Haven. Didn't know you lived in ATL, me too. Great blog, awesome style. If you ever need furniture painted for a client keep me in mind :)

Back to Top