PICTURES FROM THE JULY MARKET





Whew...there has been so much going on with the ORC that I have neglected to post a few images of what I saw at the July Market here in Atlanta.

Update on the spilled paint:  My one arm [triceps] were SO sore from holding myself up!  At first I could not figure it out and then I remembered my attempt at trying to set an "olympic" record to see how long I could use one arm to straddle a 3 ft ledge while manipulating a hose to clean up the paint.

I am happy to say that 98% of it came out and I attribute that to the fact it was chalk paint.  My car stills smells a bit damp though :)

Anyway...enough about me...

The first showroom I came to was Design Legacy.  They always seem to have a little eye candy.

OK....gray cabinet and how much do you love that hardware?  The art is nice also.
Get your paint on people....and orange, lavender and gray....new combination?

Pillow bling.

Next we have Modern History.

WOWZA....
There were a few pieces I might have thrown myself on....like this one.

What about these legs???


Classic, timeless...I love.  Had a long talk with one of their "people" and she got me so excited about seeing their showroom at Highpoint that Jan and I came home and  booked a hotel for the show in October!  Yep...my first time.

Next up was Amy Howard Home.  Made in America  [Memphis].  This is a new collection for Amy with limited edition designs.  I dig the velvet stripe on this linen chair.  You???

Oh yes...greek key!

The finishes were beautiful.

Hello Mr. Orange chair....

Next up is Ryan Studio pillows.

I always love to see what little beauties they have created...
"Chevrontown" is still going strong....

I love this Windsor Smith pattern from Kravet.  Remember I used it in one of my fabric stories...


Some gorgeous green, blue and black.  Loving.
 The large paisley is Suzanne Kasler for Lee Jofa?  Love this combination.

I could buy them all....



Snap people...these are pretty!


This is a good combo also...the middle is a new Kelly Wearstler fabric for Lee Jofa.

Let me show you a few more of the new collection...

Wipe your mouth....I know you are drooling...

The blues...

And the greens.....

So go ahead....start wanting some of this....

That's it for today...gotta run and finish up gathering things for my bookshelf styling tomorrow!

Monster Monday!

Shafreaka

Oh wait a minute.....one more thing.  Jan is having an "Olympic Closing Ceremony"  party where you have to dress up in your favorite sport and bring an English dish.  So the other day [Friday afternoon] my friend Maria was over and I asked if she was invited [ha...I already knew she was].  She said that she had not checked her email yet.  Anyway I told her it was this Sunday [last night].  Cause that is what I thought.....

I THINK you know where this is going right!

I assumed that she went home and looked...and of course I was talking about the party with Jan and she informed me [kind of like when my husband is trying to teach me Excel] that the closing ceremony was NEXT weekend.  Short Bus.

OK...OK...got it.  Anyway...back to the good part when Maria and her husband show up last night at Jan's dressed in full costume and with her English Trifle that took ALL DAY to make.  Knocking on the door...wondering where all the cars are.  [Jan was in the shower].  They pulled up the invitation and realized it was next weekend.  

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa.

I might have peed a little in my pants.....

I could not call her fast enough and jump on it.

My question is why did she not at least leave some of the trifle.  She told me to go pound sand.







23 comments

René said...

I want every single pillow and that chair with the stripe! Glad the paint came out.

Annie H. said...

So much color. I do like the graphics and vibrant colors in small doses, love that first chair.

Melissa I. said...

Ok, you have me laughing out loud at my desk with the party thing! Wow!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH, you are hysterical.

I am DYING over the orange, lavender and grey things... doing it. somewhere. sometime. blood pact?

Sonny G said...

very retro and way to colorful for me but I know many will enjoy it.
thanks for sharing the photos.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Your Pics are fabulous...love them all! The hardware is a love! And the pillows are all to die for. You will thoroughly enjoy Market. The few times I've gone with my SIL's pass I've loved it. I was able to buy a beautiful set of dishes that I had admired in a gift shop. Even without a tax # they sold it to me for cost!!! Also bought designer eye glass frames...go figure, at Market??
Are you going to try out for the Games in 2016?
We all need pictures of the CLOSING PARTY NEXT MONDAY!!!
Patty

Holly Gruszka said...

Gosh you always get me to laugh - and the pillows are just crazy. Want each of them - KW and Suzanne's fabrics.

michele said...

HA!

grey cabinet with cross hardware. seriously crushing. it has inspired me this afternoon!

michele

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love it. You crack me up!

Pura Vida said...

some real punches here!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious and totally something I would do. Glad the paint came out. Loving all the new fabrics but I just can't get in to orange - not my color I guess - I like her stepsister red better.

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Your friend has spunk!!! How much sand did you pound? I think it is funny-but of course it didn't happen to me!;>) xo Diana

Amanda said...

Loving that 1st pic of that nailhead trim chair! And so glad to hear your going to HP! Im going too (my 1st time!) and Im trying to get/begging Lori to come with me!

Simply LKJ said...

I am having serious pillow envy! Ha, loving the olympic party story. We had friends of ours show up for our daughter's grad party a weekend early only to discover no one home! LOL

lizziefitz said...

My ribs hurt from laughing at your super story! My girls and I pranced called my BFF @ work ( prankster.com??) and died laughing, she called the police...blahhhhh! Shamefully we got her the next day again with a different caller:0!!!

designchic said...

You are too funny. So hate we missed the Atlanta market...love seeing all the great pieces. The console table with the Greek key is amazing!!

LUCY WILLIAMS said...

this is why i follow your blog....LOVE this post!!!

Acquired Objects said...

I am so laughing! I can't remember now what you post was about after that story....LOVE IT!

XX
Debra~

Unknown said...

I love you, you crack me up. Seriously you let loose with the funniest stories. Those pillow groupings are TDF, and love the gray, lavender and orange! I see my daughter did too. Glad your paint came out. Whew!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Kim said...

Yes, That first Suzanne Kasler .. I have been dying for SOMEONE to use!! Love the stories, you crack me up and give me the laugh I need! The velvet stripe from Amy Howard ... you will be seeing that soon in my house!! xo

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

Ha! Ya caught me drooling!!! I think someone has it in for pillows .......... gee I wonder who that is??? ;-)

Naz said...

Loved it all...GORGEOUS!

Dan said...

Loved it all...GORGEOUS!

Back to Top