MITCHELL GOLD





Let's face it..... there are plenty of places to shop for home furnishings today.  In fact the internet has become quite the playground for that.

For a "brick and mortar" store to be successful they have to have a great product and good customer service.  In my opinion Mitchell Gold has that.  Every time I visit to scout for a job or just to see what is new the associates are very helpful offering me tear sheets, fabric samples and help with measurements.

Taking it one step further, I always receive a hand written note [not an email!] thanking me for coming in whether I purchased or not.

That is something.

The other day I was in and took some shots of their fall collection.

This sofa made me fall in love with gold again.  The tuxedo arm 2 cushion sofa has such a classic style and placed against the blue wall with cream accents was really sophisticated.

Love the tufting...but maybe not if you have kids...too many places for crumbs to hide :)

Another stunner....

And then the ever classic navy....with a slight hollywood arm and the silver nail heads.

Did you know that Mitchell Gold cushions have a lifetime warranty?  Yep.  My slipcovered sofa and chairs in my den are MG and I have had them at least 10 years.

photographed by Sara Dorio and styled by Annette Joseph.

Here are the chairs.  I have 2 sets of slipcovers, white and a flax linen that I change to in the fall.  I have washed the white ones at least 30 times or more and they are just now showing  some wear.  In fact I was in there looking at some fabric samples for new covers but let's keep that on the down low OK?


Enough about me....if you don't love this...raise your hand.  In fact this would be great for kids....you can't really hurt hide right?  After all cows live outside and roll in the mud.

More kid friendly leather....plus a tight back sofa.  Also good with kids.


Nice shelves.....
Cool bug art.


Digging.
Love a modern wing.

Despite tough economic times Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams started MG in 1989.  Their 400,000 sq ft warehouse located in North Carolina [made in the USA baby!] has an employee gym, health conscious cafe, and on site day care center.  They support 12 non profit partners and they love dogs!  

They also distribute their furniture to Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Bloomingdales and Restoration Hardware.  Don't get me started on RH.  They have customer no-service and have really just become a showroom to order from.  Nothing is ever in stock anymore.  I could go on.......

MG is not paying me to write this but sometimes I think it is just nice to recognize when a company gets it right.

They do.

Our dk Gallery lunch/mixer was so much fun....I took pictures so I will post on that soon.

Regarding the wax I used on my books...a reader told me a much easier thing to use are glue sticks!  Just more proof that I am not a crafty DIY girl.

Freaky






38 comments

My Interior Life said...

Love the MGBW here in Nashville. Amen to the great customer service. I haven't even bought anything in there yet, but they're always so helpful. They even mentioned having a blogger party - that has not come to fruition, but I would love it. Can't wait to hear about your event!

Melaine Thompson said...

Omg, Restoration Hardware is driving me crazy! I went in to buy chair pads for my dining chairs and they had to be ordered. Why wait? It's really so silly. They are going to lose a lot of business. It's so stupid!!! Melaine :)

Amanda said...

LOVE BGBW I have a pair of their leather club chairs and they have been through kids, dogs, husband and still look AMAZING. And AMEN!!! To RH being only a showroom that you have to order from. Trying right now to get 8 dining chairs that they CLAIM are normal stocking and its an 8-10 week wait! grrrrr

An Urban Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I LOVE MG+BW ... Love their stuff / love their company! I am actually on my way to meet a client there right now, haha!

Privet and Holly said...

Adore that their products
are manufactured in the
good old USA! Yay! That
alone will have me considering
their one of their chairs or
sofas next time we purchase
one.....

Happy Weekend, Sheri!

xo Suzanne

A Perfect Gray said...

that gold/"Pumpkin pie" color sofa kicked my pants. awesome. would look nice, with...you know...gray! donna

michele said...

i am loving that leather topped coffee table! how cool would it be to work for MG???

smiles to you!

michele

Acquired Objects said...

I LOVE Mitchell Gold sofas! I have two in my home one in our living room that is 17 years old and looks as good today as the day I bought it. While their furniture is a little expensive you get what you pay for...quality and service! You can't go wrong with these people. Oh I used to be a huge RH fan and bought many pieces but not any more and for the very reason you said...nothing is ever in stock!

Enjoy your long weekend!
XX
Debra~

Raina Cox said...

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

Mitchell Gold is going to be in Denver late next month to unveil his fall line. I can't wait to meet him!

Happy long weekend, my friend!

Gropes,

R.

NanaDiana said...

Sherry- What a great post-Mitchell Gold sofas are just wonderful. I love your slipcovered furniture. 10 years of wearability speaks for itself! xo Diana

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I am crazy for MG products. I kinda want to throw out everything I own when I look at their goodies.
Restoration who?

Renae Moore said...

MG is one of my faves. They absolutely know their manners! Great stagg and they are so generous in hosting fab events.

custom stickers said...

the pair of leather chairs is stunning but I can't understand the leather table. How can a glass full of water keep standing here. The cupboards are placed elegantly around the chimney.

Susan said...

Please expound upon the glue stick instead of wax on your books... I'm having a hard time making sense of that...and I think those books you dolled up are really great looking and what a good idea for all of those RD books cluttering up the world! Wax on, sister!

Patty said...

Sherry-please tell us about YOUR favorite slipcover fabric. You have mentioned linen-doesn't it wrinkle alot??

Anonymous said...

Don't buy a leather chair from MG. I got a gorgeous red one a few years back from another retailer. It cost a fortune. After about 18 months,the leather started wrinkling and peeling. The MG rep on the 800 number said they only warranted upholstery for ONE YEAR, but if I wanted to take some photos and send them, they may be able to make an "adjustment." I didn't bother, as any adjustment would not make my chair look better. This chair is the centerpiece of the whole room and I expected it to last a lifetime. Love, love, love your blog, Sherry.

Judith

Unknown said...

I love that teal sofa so much, I could hug and lick it all at the same time. Delish!

Elaine Cascio said...

Have MG leather club chairs that are over 15 years old and aging sooo gracefully so i decided to buy them a MG sofa to keep them company!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I have never ordered anything from them. We don't have a store close by, but I would love to check their store out! Looks pretty good!

Nicole Scott said...

It's great to shop along with you Sherry. I like what you like. ESP the gold sofa in front of marine blue wall. Awesome

Cindy said...

What a great post. I love the sofas with the 2 cushion back and 2 cushion seats, in fact the less cushions the better really. These remind me of sofas from the 60's and 70's that were made so well, and last forever, with classic lines. Every once in a while you can find them at the thrift shop, and i want them every time. I loved hearing the story about the company, and their handwritten notes, and the way they donate to causes... wow, you could totally be a MG rep, i think i love them now!

Cindy

Vanessa@decor happy said...

Great minds think alike! I was with a client today at Elte in TO which carries the MGBW line. She loved their sofas and chairs (as do I) - well made and reasonably priced.

StagerLinda said...

All the pieces are sumptuous. My take away from your post was the personal thank you notes. I REALLY need to do that more often.

Jessie said...

I have heard so much good things about them. Love these gorgeous sofas!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

christy said...

Looks like a great shop, the velvet sofas are so pretty and I bet very comfortable. I do wonder if velvet is practical?

Unknown said...

I love MG. Just plain GOOD TASTE.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You might have topped me in the number of times I have washed my MGBW slipcovers on the club chairs in the mountains now. I think a tight back sofa and leather ottoman are great for kids and dogs, too. Nice post. I love your writing and always actually read your copy and not just skim through the photos.
Happy Labor Day.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Wow...if they write you a hand written note for stopping in....


Maybe they will send you a lovely gold sofa for writing about them...maybe?

Looks fab!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I am loving all the blue sofas. I wonder if my husband would notice if I changed ours to blue? He doesn't notice when I change my hair color.

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

Love MG! and hasn't honey gold been named as a pantone color for fall 2012? (I don't know if that's official or not, but I am LOVIN that honey wheat/gold velvet sofa)! thanks for sharing the photos!

and ps...my mama always taught me that hand written notes are the best!

Unknown said...

Love that gold sofa. I'd love to have a tufted sofa someday when the kiddos are grown.

The Vintique Object said...

I've got to get over to Mitchell Gold again -- it's been live five years since I visited one. These pictures alone are inspiration, I can only imagine what it's like to go in person! Great to know that they have good customer service -- our next sofa is going to be good quality so we can reupholster rather than buy a new frame. I'm thinking more and more about that classic tuxedo arm sofa.
Camille

The Vintique Object said...

I've got to get over to Mitchell Gold again -- it's been live five years since I visited one. These pictures alone are inspiration, I can only imagine what it's like to go in person! Great to know that they have good customer service -- our next sofa is going to be good quality so we can reupholster rather than buy a new frame. I'm thinking more and more about that classic tuxedo arm sofa.
Camille

Erika at BluLabel Bungalow said...

I was just there the other day rubbing all over the teal sofa you posted. I fall in love with EVERYTHING in their showroom. I even ask for the new paint colors each time they reset the floor. Could I be obsessed??

Emily said...

I saw the company profiled once and it is definitely a well run place...and your post confirms it. The gold sofa is perfection!

Kathysue said...

I love Mitchel Gold sofas, I had to pin your living room for my black and white and blue all over pinboard, it is a favorite of mine. You are such a talent,
xo Kathysue

Rashon Carraway said...

I love Mitchell Gold Bob Williams. Since I cant really afford their stuff at retail, I scour the interwebs for castoffs.

I must say, Atlanta has the goods!


Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Back to Top