LAMPS FOR THE ORC





The lamps for my ORC finally came in....after almost 6 weeks.  I don't know about you but I am impatient and hate waiting for stuff.....tick....tock.

I changed out the shades to add texture.  I think these from Pottery Barn are a pretty good deal and they come in small, medium and large.


After I picked up the lamps I went all over town looking for some little glass finials.  Yes....you read that right....ALL OVER TOWN.

Seriously.  The place I got them last time had more than I could want in a lifetime.  Today....nada.

Here are some of the things I saw along the way.

I started at Ballard's [the outlet store]to pick up the lamps....

I saw this and posted on Instagram.  Some black and white goodness....and 30% off all furniture today.  I know someone who might have gone back to get it :)


I also saw 2 of these....
Oh mommie...where is my bottle....

Then I went to a flea market near me that USUALLY has the finials.  Saw this little number....


Along with this brass planter.  How dang good does this look with the geranium in it....note to self....I have one of these somewhere.
More brass.  Looks like I have completely forgotten about my task at hand.

Good Lord.  What finials?  Where am I.

Doesn't everything look better on a stand...or on plexiglass?  Yes.

Without even trying...I am feeling a theme here....black stuff accented with brass....

Oh...this is fine.  And looks good in our imaginary room.

Whoops....straying.  But how much do you love this blue.  A lot...I thought so.

Of course that makes the day just a little longer.  It is nearly impossible to just go in and out.  I have tried.  Can not be done.

Anyway....the lamps are in...

But those ridiculous little gold balls on the top can just TAKE A HIKE!

So...that was my day....At times I feel as though I am running on a little hamster treadmill just going in circles.

Remember my post on Rodolfo Castro the architect?  Well so excited to be meeting him [with the clients] on Friday to see what magic he has for their addition!  

I am not ashamed to admit to a little jealousy that it's not for my house......sigh.

Last chance for the giveaway....winner on Friday!

Sherika




29 comments

Simply LKJ said...

Sherry, there is a great lamp place up the road from me. They carry a ton, packed floor to ceiling. Will try to remember them name so you can give them a call looking for the finials!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

That black and white couch is awesome!!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

You have too much fun! What about the finials?
I do love the black and white chairs at Ballards. I haven't been in there since we rented our "executive" furnished apt. while they were building our house down here on the Reservation.
I could talk forever about that "executive" apt!!! I wouldn't eat in it! Does that give you a clue?

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Its like deja vu...I have had the same run around day looking for stupid finials. My shade still spins but the lamp is taller than me so I can't see the little screw end. Its good to be short I guess. ;)

Melissa I. said...

Ok, which thrift store were you in???

The Girl With the Red Hair said...

Great choices. Love the throw! Followed on friend connect and will be following on Facebook shortly (under real name, not blogger name though)

Karena said...

I really wish we had a Ballard's Outlet in the Kansas City area! It is the things you are specifically looking for that get you going around in circles!! Of course at least you see great finds along the way!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artists Series

NanaDiana said...

Oh- what a fun day of THINGS! Your lamps are lovely- That black and white settee is just cute as a button ..and who doesn't love a top hat behind glass? xo Diana

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Nice lamp shades...love the idea of glass finials!

michele said...

was shopping ballards online today during your finial drama. i would have no clue where to find those doodads.

emptyhanded and you still entertain.

smiles.

michele

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

So happy I'm not the only one with ADD when on the hunt! I haven't been in Ballard's in a while -- clearly I'm missing out!
I'll keep my eyes open for your glass finials. :)
xo Heidi

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I need that black and white couch for my dining room. Love the lamps!

The enchanted home said...

A lot to love here...you always find such great things!

Pura Vida said...

Come on Sherry...hot glue something on those gold balls!

Cindy said...

Ha! I'm with you, i would have had total Attention Deficit Disorder in that place, and would have been completely distracted from the task at hand.
Still love the black and white stripes like in the little love seat and chairs, why are they so good!?

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Love all the black and white! You found some amazing things! Love your attention to detail! It is so difficult to find great finials! I'm now following an look forward to more wonderful posts!

Jessie said...

The table lamp with that shade looks perfect in your client's living room! Love your gorgeous finds as usual!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Sherry, the lamps look great and the shades are perfect. We don't have a Ballard outlet. You have some great stores near you.

Nicole Scott said...

Hilarious Sherry, as usual! :) Good Luck with your search!!

aimee {sixteen fourteen} said...

"Mommie, where is my bottle," HA!!! Love the lamps.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I hate waiting for things so much, I often try to only buy things I can get immediately...then I'm sorry I didn't wait.

Unknown said...

All that black and white makes me happy! Wonder if you could somehow glue a glass wine bottle stopper on to that finial - maybe that would be too tall - or too crafty looking - don't know - I hate it when I'm looking for something and can't find it anywhere and then when I'm not looking they smack me in the face everywhere! GAH!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Wowzers, you came across so much good stuff! Love the black and white chairs and all of the gold goodies... I need to start shopping with you : )

Andrea said...

Okay, I'd love to tag along on one of your shopping adventures. I'll be your photographer!!

Andrea said...

Okay, I'd love to tag along on one of your shopping adventures. I'll be your photographer!!

Donna-s Lair said...

Try Sandy Springs Lighting Center...on Roswell Rd in sandy springs...maybe call first :-)...good luck!

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

haha loved joining you on your day!!!! what great finds!

LiveLaughDecorate said...

TGIF! Never a dull moment with you lday. That A.D.D was in full swing. Love it. The lamps look amazing and I want those amazing striped chairs. Now, where exactly does one find those lamp finials? Drives me crazy when I'm stuck with a wretched one. Think it drove others equally insane which led to the grand theft of those things at so many stores. Have you noticed that those things are now wired in place and can only be removed by the cashiers? lol

Naz said...

I would love to tag along with you during one of your adventures. Problem is I'm also prone to be distracted....and forgetful as well.

Keep posting you make my day. :-)

Back to Top