So much merchandise...so little time!

It was a busy week walking the halls of the Atlanta Merchandise Mart.  After 6 hours, my legs sure were tired.  I have learned to wear really comfortable shoes, but still try to look cute!  Ha!  I took some pictures of  trends that we see now, and I think are still very strong.  Most of this merchandise will be for the Christmas season, as people are buying for 6 months from now.
Here are a few shots:
Still showing pillows with sayings.  These are made out of canvas.  You could use a drop cloth and stencil this.
Numbers...love the grommet on the corner!!  You could tie some rope there also.
More numbers....
Towns....
I like the white cording....
And burlap is still strong....
I like how they boxed this one....I forget how I like this style.
Black and white...
Then...there were numbers on napkins, metal signs, and such.
I feel good about my metal number for 10.00!
So cute the way they tied this.
I LOVE these......
Metal file holders.....
Some more pictures of  trends and just things I found interesting.
I like the shape of this mirror and how they put it on a door....
I am not sure if you can see this or not, but they tied small thin pieces of old linen and ribbon on this chandelier......
I wanted this but the minimum was too high.  250.00 and this was about 15.00 dollars!
How cheap it is to accessorize with twine balls!
Or rocks...texture.
OK...loved these.  Great patina....we stood there for 15 minutes thinking of all the things you could do to this.  Headboard, take it apart in the middle and put behind your end tables, take it apart at each fold and use it for doors.....my friend bought it for her master bedroom!  We will have to see how she is going to use it!
 Still showing sunburst mirrors.  Especially small ones grouped together....
This light got me thinking.......
Old books tied together.
They have a whole section for "industrial chic"
So cute!!! Old tennis racquets.....
Lamps.......
More lamps...I like how they combined the plexiglass to modernize it some.
Metal cogs on a stand.
I loved all of these pillows.  They were made from old french linen and grain sacks.  Accessorized with buttons,and ribbon.
It is overwhelming to see SO much.  There are 3 buildings and many floors.  It does open up your mind to see the creativity of how people use things.  I hope it is a good show for many of the vendors.  I have seen the temporary floors [small vendors] go to half the space in the last couple of years.

4 comments

Mimi Umstead said...

THANKS SHERRY!! Love it all, except the sunburst mirrors, not a fav of those.
Gosh, so cute and creative.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love all that stuff. Good to see that the style is the same as it has been for the past year.

Kim said...

Have you noticed, though, that a lot of the things you see at Scott (feed sack pillows for example) show up a couple of years later at the Mart?

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

A friend and I would love to come to the Atlanta market someday (from Houston). It's fun to see things through someone else's eyes, though. Thanks for the pics!

Back to Top