Creatures of the sea

I LOVE the beach!!  We vacationed for 20 years at Pawley's Island, South Carolina growing up.  When I smell the ocean air, it brings up the greatest memories of friends and family.  I will always choose the beach if I have a choice of a vacation destination.  Another thing I like to do is incorporate shells when I accessorize.  There is something so beautiful and natural about a beautiful piece of coral.  And...it doesn't help that I like white, so it works for me.  There is a great site that I go to when I need them for a job.  http://www.usshell.com/
They have everything and at great prices.  The following pictures show how they can be used in many rooms, and any style.
Here are a few that I took directly from their site
Here is how Suzanne Kasler used them in a beach house
On a coffee table
I sewed these on chair covers
The next few are how I have used them in bookcases

I used these to fill up a concrete vase
I used these on a mantel at Christmas
Another shot of Christmas decor
In a jar
On a book
Mantel
Here are some others that I came across in my files
I am not sure where I got this, but it is stunning
As is this
I have seen this on quite a few blogs and I love it.
What an inexpensive way to add something organic to a room......
Now...here we are at the annual July 4th parade at Pawleys!  I don't think I am in this picture, but that is my brother with the white nose and all that hair!!!

7 comments

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Love all the beachy elements!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Thank you, Sherry for the wonderful inspiration images. I'll rememeber these when I begin to accessorize our lake place bedroom makeover.

We visited Pawley's Island a few years ago and brought home one of the famous hammocks. Love it!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

i love the use of coral. and urchins. these were great examples of using a beach vibe in the most chic way.

Unknown said...

My husband and I just returned from Sarasota. I adore seashells, coral, and the like. It is so special and organic feeling.
xo
amanda

A Perfect Gray said...

will I make you jealous if I tell you that I am a Pawley's right now? It's wonderful....

Love your images here. The third one from the bottom (black chest) is from my blog; it's from my girlfriend's lake house. She would be so pleased to know you are sharing it with your readers...

Enjoyed this post as always...

Love, Donna

Pauline Wiles said...

Mmm, gorgeous. I could definitely use some more starfish in my life!

Unknown said...

Great post and pretty photos. I love shell and sea stuff.
Someone mentioned you on Facebook on a Lettered Cottage post.
But I can't get your website link up above to work. I get a Oops from Internet Explorer.

Back to Top