My version of "copy cat chic"

 I was at my fabricators the other day dropping off some things and I had a little extra time.  Great....cause there is a little flea market right next door!  I usually don't have time to go through it, and to be honest, I have only bought a few things there.  BUT....on this occasion, I spotted this:
It is an old chicken coop...price 60.00.  So I snatched it up....for somebody...I just could not pass it by [which is why my garage is full!]  At first, I thought to paint it white, but we decided to leave it natural.
another view.

 Thinking that the wood side would be the top,  we then decided that the other side was more interesting.  We purchased the wheels at Home Depot for about 12.00 each.
Voila!  A piece of glass on the top and there you have it.  OK...lets compare:  this one cost 108.00 plus whatever the glass will be.  And this one retails for:
950.00.  Pretty good!  I do think it would look cool painted white, or just paint the bottom a cool color, or whitewash the bottom and put shells in it....oh the possibilities!  I am going back to get the other 3 they had there!!!  Somebody will want them.  But for now, my sister is the proud owner of this one.

16 comments

virg said...

sherry...love the coffee table! can't wait for cait to take my pine one so i can put it in my room! :)

Emily A. Clark said...

Awesome find! And, I love to hear that somebody else's garage is full of finds :)

SHERRY HART said...

Oh Emily.....if you only knew......

Ashley said...

Thanks for commenting, Sherry. I LOVE the chicken coop coffee table idea. We are headed to Scott's again next month with all of the girls in my family-- should be an interesting adventure!

Angie said...

How ingenious! I think you may have started a new trend!!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

That's a great find & I love adding the wheels. Brilliant & so cute.

Kathysue said...

Love love love this. Great choice adding the wheels and leaving it natural love the patina, perfect!! It looks as if both of us are looking for a good deal. Can you believe the xbench I hope it is as nice in person as in the picture, I was so excited to find it. Thanks for coming by my blog,so nice to see you there,Kathysue

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

your sister is lucky! i saw the crate and was like, what is she going to do with that and i'm sure it will look as amazing as the inspiration with the glass on it. love it!

i just found your blog and love it. i am following now too!

Michelle said...

You are clever! I love this! Too bad I can't own one of the other 3 :)

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

That is the coolest table! Very smart to get the other ones.
Londen

devin said...

I LOVE that table! great job!

Lauren -HCP said...

Very cool table! the germaphobe in me keeps thinking about all the chicken poop that must have been in there that I might not want in my living room:-) I was wondering if you could put a "home" button at the top of your blog so it would be easier to navigate? have a great day!
Lauren

Courtney said...

This is super adorable, and I so want one.. or something to put wheels on. haha.

Okie Chic said...

I love love this. What a great idea. All I can say is bravo.

Nancy Hood said...

I used to have one of these!!! For years, then gave it away ARGH!! Gave you a shout out this afternoon! Love your site :)
http://johnhoodfamily.blogspot.com/2010/09/books-birds-bread.html

René said...

You are so clever! I love it.

Back to Top