A pretty big before and after!

Loved all the comments on Angie's blue doors.  I was over there yesterday and took some more shots, so I will be posting them soon.  We are leaning towards the gray only because it doesn't show the dirt as much but we are putting up samples this week.  I will keep you posted.  Now on to a great before and after.

I have posted on the bedroom redo in this house here.  Here is  another makeover in the girls playroom in the same house.   Hold on to your hats because this before picture is quite the shot!
 
When they moved in this room  kind of got mostly left over furniture from other rooms.  If you look really hard you can see a piece of exercise equipment.  Across from the sofa is the TV and with 4 girls, this room gets much wear and tear!

We started by re- purposing  the 2 sofas that were in the keeping area off the kitchen.  Here is a picture of them.

Maybe we could have bought 2 new ones but I did love the tuxedo arm and they size was good.  Sometimes you have to take into the consideration the time it would take to  search for new.   We only had 6 weeks to do the whole house.

Here is the room after major editing!!!!!
Another before:


We had the back cushions made a little taller, added the button in the middle, and a little bit of nailhead around the feet.
The rug was formerly in the master bedroom, so that was our inspiration for the color scheme.

I think the sofa's look like new!  
The coffee table was oak and we had it stained black.  You can still see the wood grain in it.  The bench was from Homegoods.  Had the legs also stained black, recovered and we added the trim with the nailheads on top.
I wish I had a before picture of the corner.  She had the cart and the mirror in the garage.....after some staging,all we did was buy the lamp.  We had the room painted a grayish white and the TV case, and all the windows painted a darker color.
The window seat before.
And after....
Before:  This is the hallway leading into the room.  There is a microwave and sink for popcorn making etc.
They had the bench, we added paint and a cushion.  New rug.

I wish I had more pictures of the area behind the sofa.  I also need to get some shots of a small bath off this  room.  
The whole room transformation took a lot of organizing and purging!!!  And I have to say they were thrilled with the outcome.






16 comments

Chats with Jack said...

You have out-done yourself! There are so many details to love that I'm not sure what to pick first! It is between the nail head trim on the sofas (which DO look like new) or painted all the trim and built-ins the darker grey. That is one swanky play room!

{This is going on Friday Favorites this week.}

maggie said...

wow.. the before pictures..love this room and the transition! the colors are great and all the extra touches,,nail heads on the sofa legs are aweome.. the coffee table is great! good job on this one~~ and the master transformation was....to die for~

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Wowza! I love the owner's rug - so great you built the room around it. Well done!!

Julie Holloway said...

WOW girl!!! That is a huge before & after. I bet that was so hard but crazy-fun to see that transformation. Love it.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

How GREAT is this?? LOVE the sofas after with that nail head trim and the button! The fabrics are great, love the windowseat and the colors are perfect!

Beautiful job!

Lou Cinda :)

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

OMG! The before picture made me feel like the afters couldn't be grand, but WOW!!! Great job!

By the way, I'm posting about the Goodwill meet up soon? Not sure if you follow my blog so just keep an eye out for the details!

Dharma said...

Holla! Sherry, that's amazing.I love the reuse of the couches :)

Kathysue said...

Sherry, that is a total, I mean a totaaaal transformation. I can only imagine the homeowners delight! Great Job!!!

Angela said...

Fantastic!! Beautiful colors!

Mrs. Sully said...

Where did you get those pillows?! Love them!

SHERRY HART said...

Mrs. Sully we had the pillows custom made. It sure was hard matching things to that rug!

Kristen White said...

WOW,what a fabulous transformation! Great job!!!!
Kristen

Abby M. Interiors said...

Sherry,
Just stopping by to thank you for following my design blog! :-)
abby

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

WOWZAH is the first thing that came to mind, and i don't even say that word! this is good and i love the window seat so much!!

Unknown said...

What an amazing transformation. well done. thanks for stopping by my blog recently.

My Interior Life said...

Oh my - I'm late to the party, but this looks a-mazing. Of course they are thrilled! Who wouldn't be? Fabulous job, Sherry!!

Back to Top