Before and After


I was shopping at a flea market the other day with my sister and I saw a pair of chairs, that reminded me of a project that we worked on last January.  The homeowners live in my neighborhood and he is an awesome builder.  Their home was to be on the Cathedral Tour of Homes here in Atlanta so he wanted to lighten up his bedroom.  Here are some before and afters.
This is the before.  When they built this home it was right next door to the one they had previously lived in.  All of this was in the old bedroom, so it fit right in the new one.  The next picture is an after shot of the same angle.
We painted the room a chalky white, trim and all the same color.  New carpet, new curtains, well just about everything was new!
Here is a shot of the fireplace before!  They have 4 girls...hence the laundry to be folded!  Notice that he built a cabinet to enclose the TV......LOVE
He had an extra closet built to the right of the fireplace.  Now...look closely to the two chairs, and the next picture is the chair that I saw at the flea market.....
Yep!  A little paint, fabric, some nail heads and voila!  Trash to treasure.
Pillows in the chairs  courtesy of Homegoods!
We had the headboard made and that was no easy thing.  It had to fit in between the windows.  I was nervous when it arrived but it was a perfect fit.   The end tables were also custom [a perk of having a builder as a client!], we could not find anything that would fit in between the wall and the bed.   The lamps  [previously in the den painted red] were silver leafed and received new shades.  I think there is a better picture of this angle on my web page.  A real professional one!  Lord, that does make a difference.  I really have to get better at my picture taking.  One more thing to learn :)

9 comments

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That redo is stunning. I love those windows beside the bed. Love the wood added to the fireplace. Just gorgeous.

Kathysue said...

This room is wonderfully done!! Love the way you curved the headboard to fit in between the windows, what a transformaion, Kathysue

Unknown said...

Amazing transformation...the shape of your headboard is pure genius. The whole room is just stunning!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Quite a transformation! Those chairs are really special and I love what you have done with them. I am officially inspired!

Milk and Honey Home said...

This is a great before & after... care if I repost it next week? I thought those were mirrors next to the bed, not windows....what a good builder.

Doug Davis said...

fabulous! you had me at "we painted the entire room chalky white"

René said...

Wow! I love it all!

-Rene

Chats with Jack said...

Wow is right! I love how mono-chromatic it is, but still with so many beautiful details and textures. Love the fireplace area and the new closet door!

Pauline Wiles said...

The chairs are so unusual, I'm glad you brought them back to life. And the headboard, of course, is perfect for that space.

Back to Top