Goodwill makeover

Do you remember my Goodwill purchases the other day???  Here is a picture if you forgot.


I don't know why that little metal basket for 1.50 spoke to me, it was probably the price :).  I figured that it would come in handy for fruit or shells in the summer, maybe greenery with a candle in it or Christmas balls.  Hmmm...that could be a whole post!  101 ways to fill this metal basket.  Nah...don't want to stretch my brain that much.

Anyway back to what I did with it last night.  No sense in making this more than what it is....a "quickie" post.

I LOVE the white pumpkins!  Always have.  Especially since I love me some white.  Let me see if I have a before picture of this vignette so you can compare....
Summer....shells in the large glass jar.
Old key ring that I have had forever, no lie.  I could never figure out what I wanted to do with it.  The ring is soldered and I tried to get that sucker apart once.  Took wire cutters to it, took a hammer against a sharp stone to it, took some major cuss words to it and no luck.  I hope that is what they make safes out of [or airplanes] because it is NOT coming apart.  Those keys are safe on that ring and will always be together.

Here are a few more shots just because.....




And...just because I bought one orange one thinking that this little basket was the size of an olympic swimming pool :) I put it here..
For that touch of whimsy!

Happy Fall.....hey can you cook these things?  Not that I would but just wondering.


10 comments

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

Lovely....lovely finds and lovely ways to showcase your goodies. :)

Cheers~
e

Chats with Jack said...

You are so talented! I look forward to your posts every day!

I just bought seven, small, white pumpkins yesterday and I was thinking of just piling them up but now I may use them in a bowl. Thanks for the inspiration! Abby

René said...

I love your new goodies!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sherry,
Your vignette looks wonderful! I am in love with the bread boards.
xo,
Sherry

Julie Holloway said...

looks so pretty, Sherry. Come over and decorate my home for fall :)

Emily A. Clark said...

I also love white pumpkins. Now, I'll be on the lookout for a $1.50 wire basket :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Love your white pumpkins, Sherry!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

love what you did with these items!

phillips phamily said...

Gorgeous display! Love all the white pumpkins.

Mike said...

Yes you can cook them. In case you were wondering.

Back to Top