SCOTT'S ANTIQUE MARKET






I am sure you have heard of Soul Cycle.   We got our own studio here which opened on Sat and a friend of mine called and said let's go on Sunday morning.

MOST of my friends know that Sunday's are sacred to me.  I get to sleep in and then like to watch Sunday Morning with Jane Pauley.  It is my one day a week to have a relaxing morning :)

But.....I said yes.  If you have read this blog for a while you know I like to try new exercise studios and report back.

I walked in and stopped for a moment.  "Is this the under 30 class?"  Crikey I was the oldest person which always pisses me off.

My text below.



No worries....I will show these little girls how it's done because I have been spinning for 20 years.

Yeah....haha.

I walked in the room [it's pitch black] and felt like Helen Keller trying to navigate looking for my bike.  They are placed about 12 inches apart and I kept getting punched in the gut with handlebars.

I am sad to report that I had to go out and get someone with a flashlight to help me.  First hint that I am old and possibly don't belong there.

The class was full....at least 50 people and once she turned on the music we were standing up for the first 20-25 min....... that was when I realized I might be in trouble.  Hint: always sit on the back row and they won't know if you take a seat for a sec....or maybe two.

But I made it and next time I will cut my t-shirt off to show my abs and wear my hair in a top knot to blend in......just saying.  Hee haw.

Here is something I am good at!
Shopping at Scott's.

Starting with pillows.



Something for everybody....






Some incredibly gorgeous rugs!



Vintage rug....I liked it on both sides!





Art by Scott Kerr




Trinkets....  


My friend bought this for her clients DR table....





Wanted these bowls below but they were sold:(
 
Furniture






Pretty light fixture....

Nice fabric!

I know you saw something you wanted!

OK kids....
I'll be back on Friday which is the beginning of the holiday weekend!  Whoop.

Shaspinnergirl





9 comments

Carla Aston said...

I wanna go just for the pillows! Wish we had Scott’s here. Oh well, we have Round Top!

Christina said...

Oh I can't believe I'm missing Scott's again. I really need to get an Industrial Chic table for a basement bar I'm doing, and he's alway there. Maybe next month.

duff said...

You Rock.... showed the 30 yr olds how it’s done!!!

La Contessa said...

LOVE those pillows made by THAT WOMAN who takes apart antique textiles..............
A Carpet or two caught my eyes!
YOU are a BRAVE WOMAN........I think you should have taken the entire plate of CUPCAKES to save those 30-somethings from SINNING!!!!!!!!
CINDY SENT ME!

Anonymous said...

You mentioned my most favorite show on TV. Sunday Morning with Jane Pauley! Soooooo interesting.

cindy hattersley design said...

I am so jealous of Scott's Debra has told me so much about it! Thanks to you I am on Weight Watchers. I would never attempt to set foot in Soul Cycle! Baby steps!! I love Jane Pauley and am so glad she is back!

debra @ 5th and state said...

I am sick to death of all the ways I am either A. invisible (maybe not so bad), B. the oldest one in the group. when did that happen I ask myself!!!
will think of you on Sundays when I sit with Jane Pauley with a look on my face that screams.....LEAVE ME ALONE, IT'S MY DAY!

ANYWAYS, drooling over so many things, even recognizing my friend Brians lighting. July....CANNOT WAIT!!!
AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE I WILL RUN INTO YOU

I see my friend Cindy above me :-)
Debra

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Try living in SF ...I am the oldest EVERY where. Walking around Scott's would be enough exercise for me :)

Sean Mahan said...

I think everyone's good at shopping there because everything there is so GREAT. hahah Love your post!

Back to Top