THE WEDDING




I can't tell you how full my heart is with love.   

We just got back from St. Charles, Illinois where my nephew got married.  I am not sure if I ever mentioned it but Taylor lived with us for 3 years while he went to Georgia Tech [we live close to campus].

It was life changing for me since I don't have any biological children [2 wonderful stepchildren].

I remember when he called to say he was moving out.....I cried like a baby.  You guys remember when I decorated his apartment!

Anyway back to the wedding.....I shared what I was going to wear but of course that changed a little.....

I decided to wear the black pants and this top to the rehearsal dinner....


I got it on sale at Nordstroms....

I took the other one back because when I lifted my arms you could just barely see my skin and....well I knew that would bug me:)

I found this dress on sale at Bloomingdales.
Moon and Meadow
It is a silk wrap dress and so comfortable!  I felt like I did pretty good since my niece wants to borrow it!

Anyway....back to the wedding....

I read this book on the plane....definitely a page turner.

I wore these pants on the plane and my husband wanted to know if I paid for those rips:)


Lauren and Taylor met on the beach in Chicago about 3 years ago.....


This was at the rehearsal.....

Here are some other shots I took.....



Who's happy now!


They released these white balloons when Lauren and Taylor came out of the church.  So pretty!



Gorgeous flowers at the reception....
The wedding cake.....





I have to share this with you.....during the mother/son dance....Taylor and my sister asked me up halfway to finish it with him.  That was an emotional moment people....I could not stop crying.  


My husband and I with my girlfriend and her husband....we started flying together as flight attendants almost 40 years ago.  YIKES!

I am so darn proud of Taylor....he chose the sweetest girl and has become a remarkable human being.....I wish them both a long and happy life.

I was happy to see this sweet thing when I got home....


Thanks for letting me share such a memorable time in my life with all of you!  


Shaohsohappy

  

32 comments

Cassie Bustamante said...

ok now you have me in tears, too!!! i love weddings and am such a sap and i can't imagine how that mother son dance moment must have felt for you. XOXO

Betsy Cobb Gordon said...

What a beautiful post, thanks for sharing such a sweet story ! Such a blessing to be a part of your nephew's life like you've been. It'll mean more to him that you'll probably ever know!

You must have been a newborn when you began your career as a flight attendant. Seriously, you look so young!!!

Have a great week. Stay cool.

Betsy Gordon
West of the Square Designs

Emily A. Clark said...

Looks like a beautiful weekend to me. You're so stylish :)

A Perfect Gray said...

from one crier to another.... precious. I know you loved every minute. donna

Simply LKJ said...

Oh wow, that brought me to tears. What a thoughtful thing for them to do. You look amazing!

therelishedroost said...

What a beautiful event and you looked lovely! xo K

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Sweet! Love a good wedding. REALLY love the picture of them in the car.....and your lovely sleepy pup!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Oh that you finished the Mother of the Groom dance,,,,big lump in my throat. Such a lovely wedding.

Vel Criste said...

Beautiful wedding and love the top and the dress!

Naz said...

Such a beautiful couple. A match made in heaven for sure. The cake looked elegant. Loved your choice of clothes too except I'm not a fan of the worn out jeans look.

KATHYSUE said...

Beautiful couple, wedding cake and beautiful guest dressed in a black silk wrap dress!! xoxo

cindy hattersley design said...

AWWWW love this story...my sister lived in St. Charles when they were first married. What a great auntie you are...lucky guy!!! Good choices on the outfits...you rock!!

Anonymous said...

That Dance oh boy...So special!! So heartwarming when true love is found! I Live in the area and I hope you had a chance to shop on Third St. in Geneva! The All Chocolate Kitchen would have made your day:) This is such a lovely area to live. Lots of things to do and an easy train ride into the city. I bet your girl was excited to see you when you got home!
Betsy

Life's a shoe said...

Loving that striped outfit I am so obsessed with stripes!

lifeisashoe

Mary Beth at www.mbzinteriors.com said...

Your photos are fabulous. Thanks for sharing your special weekend. Love the cake and the couple are beautiful, all the best to them.

Susan S said...

They are a darling couple! One can't go wrong with any black dress and it's always a bonus when it's comfortable! Such an endearing gesture by your sister and nephew to gather you in their dance.

Victoria said...

Such a beautiful and touching event. My best wishes to the happy couple for a wonderful life together.

Gregg Irby Gallery said...

I love this post Sherry!! You, your sister and your nephew are very lucky to have each other!!

Barb said...

I adore your blog. I think I started reading it about a year of two ago. I have cut down my blog obsession and limited myself to only 10. Yours of course, is in that top ten! The reason why, you are hilllllariouss! But so much more than that, your warmth appears somewhere in every word. Today you had me in tears! Congratulations, to your nephew and his lovely bride. The mother/son dance, well that just made me weep. And I don't even know you! I rarely comment, since I do not know you. I feel it is a bit Creepy Mc Creeperson to make blog comments... maybe because I do not have a blog myself. Anyhoo what a wonderful post and that dog of yours, she is darn cute. Thanks for your always entertaining posts

debra @ 5th and state said...

st. charles?!?! i live in the next town and recognized where you were. my shop is in another town next to st. charles, filled with goodies from scotts

loved how taylor honored you, it speaks volumes. and you all looked pretty darn cute too!
debra

Karena said...

What a fabulous and most memorable event!! Sherry it is an occasion to remember forever!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Ceramic Artist Leah Bowring

Scribbler said...

Congratulations to everyone! It looks like a lovely day for everyone. I love your blog, don't think I have commented before. I tried to order those black pants rom Nordstrom, but they bonded me! Left me hanging two weeks and then canceled the order!

Scribbler said...

I hate auto correct! That was supposed to be "boned" me.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a handsome couple. I have a pair of jeans with a big hole at the knee and my husband asked me the same thing. Well, of course I paid for them. :)

Abby M. Interiors said...

I was in a pile of tears for you via the wedding dance and then I read what I imagine is the first time a commentor wrote "they boned me" on your blog. Now I can't stop laughing. (Yes, I'm 12.) What a wonderful time! How sweet that you have such a close relationship with him. He's lucky to have you. xo

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

Very sweet relationship y'all have! The wedding looked beautiful- like you could have styled it!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Lookin GOOD, Helen! xo

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry,

What a beautiful wedding! Wishing much happiness for the lucky couple! Love your outfits too!! Thanks for sharing:)

barbara said...

This was a lovely post. I got emotional for you. They look like they belong together. The photo of them in the back of the car is incredible. You look gorgeous too! Appreciate you sharing

Unknown said...

Oh boy, I got all teared up at that Mother/Son dance part...how darn sweet! Looks like a beautiful wedding and an adorable couple. So nice!!!

stevenjared0853 said...

I love the details and everything looks quite affordable too. I’ll definitely try these dressing ideas on my son’s wedding that he wants to celebrate at his favorite wedding venues NYC.

rohanrj said...

Fantastic highlighted details. My spouse and i appreciate it about this. Without a doubt will probably be handy with regard to my personal potential tasks. Want to discover other sorts of articles for a passing fancy subject matter! bathroom vanities arizona

Back to Top