BEWARE: INSTAGRAM MAY CAUSE OCD




Have you ever seen an image that spurs you into one of those OCD binges thinking "this might last a while?"

Well lately I have been obsessed and the only thing left to do is make a decision.  That is turning out to be the hard part.  

Here is the story.

A couple of years ago when I participated in a show house I met William Mclure and Bill Ingram.  They did this room which was right behind ours.




You can imagine how I felt during their install when I saw all of this great stuff going in.  If you guessed pack it up and go home well then bingo you win the prize.

It turned out that William and Bill were both so nice I had a hard time "hating" if you get my drift.

Back to my point.....OCD.

This has to do with William who works for Bill Ingram [sitting on the RHS] in Birmingham.  He's cute huh?  Well it turns out he is not just another pretty face.



William just moved into a new apartment and has been documenting the design on Instagram.

He took the same furniture from his old crib....



BUT.....he made a few changes and this is where the problem starts....kapow.

He covered the cushions on his sofa.  AYKM?  Brilliant.  Yes I have seen this before and actually did it once for a client with a leather sofa but wait....here is the deal.

I have been stalling on getting a new slipcover for my sofa because MG&BW does not have a fabric that I like....and getting a whole new one is $$$ anyway.

Hello....wake up!  Stay with me people.

I am just going to recover the cushions in something different.  Cheaper and a great change right?
Here is what I found on the internet after hours of searching.....

not much!



Design Sponge

Sundance Catalog


Barclay Butera

http://tinkerbell240677.tumblr.com/post/75604852643#_a5y_p=1693223


One Kings Lane

So there you have it.  I hustled online looking for some fabrics because all of this went down over the holiday weekend.  The million dollar question is....... what look am I going for?

http://warehousefabricsinc.com/TIGBLK.html

This one might be good for me.  I think it will go with all of my gazillion pillows.....and hopefully it is washable.....a must!  


Of course I love the blue and then the black is killing me....so this is where it starts....the indecisiveness is overwhelming.




This is gonna be hard....thanks a lot William:)

And to make matters worse....I have not even been to ADAC yet and that is where the trouble will start.  Too many choices.

So a great idea may take a while.....because someone needs to shake me hard and say:
Make a flipping decision Sherika!

Stay tuned.....I hope we don't grow old waiting:)

Shacrastinator

 









19 comments

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I need that sofa!!! Seriously I want to ditch my grey sofa for a white one but I have a desperate fear of kid dirt getting on it. I just love that batik look too.

Simply LKJ said...

Gorgeous. It's funny because my almost 97 year old MIL has a sofa in great shape other than the cushions (neighbors cat did a number on them). She just asked what I thought about just recovering the cushions. I thought, why not???

AngieintheCountry said...

Love the idea of revcovering part of the sofa - Emily A Clark just did a post on recovering sofas with a small chevron fabric...two great ideas! Love your inspiration pic!

René said...

I'm right there with ya! So much inspiration on insta and you are one of the best!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I love your choices! And William might be my new crush!

Kathysue said...

Fun idea! You will know once you see the perfect one and mull it over. Patience is a virtue and a plan is always needed. Of course I am all about waiting and planning so that is easy for me to say. I figure you will go with neutral even though you love the addition of blue, if you keep it neutral you will be able to make all the wonderful changes you do from time to time. I say go neutral!! and maybe get some of the other fun fabrics for new pillows. Good luck and Enjoy the Process!!

Kim said...

Love this look! I updated my husband's favorite comfy leather chair (aka ... ugh!) with a fabric seat cover and back cushion ... now we are BOTH happy!! Go for it missy!!

.William McLure said...

I think this is the best blog read I've read so far! 1. I'm in it of course lol
2. You're personality is so amazing and you're so hilarious that it literally makes me "lol"
3. You put all your inhibitions out there and I love i

.William McLure said...

FYI, I like the last option so far and the top blue one! I want to see what you pick!😘

Anonymous said...

Love this, especially since covering a cushion is a piece of cake. Not nearly as intimidating as recovering a complete sofa or dealing with a slipcover that usually slips. Great idea!

Ellen

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Great idea...love that pinstripe...so versatile...with that little pillow problem you have.

Mary Beth at www.mbzinteriors.com said...

I love the thrifty idea of only recovering the cushions! Can't wait to see your outcome.

designchic said...

What a great idea and William's sofa looks amazing!! Have total faith in your shopping ability - know you will find just the right thing - can't wait to see!

Unknown said...

But....How is Cami?

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Clever idea. Take it slowly and it will all come to you!
Patty

Kristin Smith said...

It's amazing the difference just changing the cushions makes! I love the blue and white. Gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you pick out for your sofa!

Anonymous said...

Am I the only person who thinks it looks like what it is....being thrifty. I remember a few years ago there was a country look trend with mixed upholstery fabrics, florals and stripes for example. Sorry, to be the outspoken one. I do love your work, and your irreverent outlook. You always make me laugh, except for the sad one of loosing your precious dog....I cried with you.

Unknown said...

You are the best entertainment in blog land Sherry!
Do whatever you want! Xo Nancy

beyondbeige said...

BLACK STRIPE PLEASE.

Back to Top