HOW TO STYLE USING CATALOG ITEMS





Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments about Taylor and Lauren's wedding.  I swear.... every time I think about that Mother/Son dance I get a huge lump in my throat.....

Occasionally when I am flipping through a catalog certain items will jump out at me and I am reminded of what I tend to use over and over when I am styling my own house or a project.

This time it was West Elm....which is were you will find all of the items below.

First up is this rug.....does it remind you of anything?

KW Channels fabric from Lee Jofa.  Such an amazing fabric and I am crazy about the rug version!  I used this pillow at my sisters house during the last ORC.

Mid Century style is all over the place now.....

I found a couple of similar chairs at a flea market..
I used one of them in my charity project for the United Methodist Children's Home.

 I also painted one white and recovered it in a zebra stenciled cow hide at my house.

 
It's no secret of my obsession love for green glass bottles....

This shot of my family room is at least 5 years ago....and I still use them all over my house!

I will always find a little spot for green sea glass.


Love this pillow from WE.....sometimes you just need to throw a little animal print in a room....

In my own house....

OK....white vases.....can't go wrong.

Stuff some greenery in them and instant perfection....yep and more animal.

Using on a project


I still love this floor lamp with it's oversized shade...

I used it in a project a couple of years ago...

Mid Century style turquoise lamp.....

We found this one at a flea market to help bring some color in this vignette.

And....these great trays!

I have one and love it!


Never underestimate a tray with texture....
You can layer it with a smaller tray on top....

Here are a few other things from WE that I could be excited to use in a project .

This wood coffee table......priority! 


These cute "boho" pillows


These neutral pillows....

Love the finish and style of this night stand.


Pom Pom pillows

These days you don't have to be a designer with "to the trade only" sources.  With catalogs like WE, PB, Wisteria, Crate and Barrel, Home Decorators, RH along with all of the online sites beautiful rooms are just a click away!



Sheriky




11 comments

Vel Criste said...

Love all the ideas Sherry, makes me wanna hop on over to WE!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Since I am older than dirt, I can admit I grew up with those chairs and there was also a sofa in the grouping!

Katy said...

Mid century modern is all over and my husband couldn't be more happy about it. We're trying right now to create that cohesive look that represents both of our styles without it looking too mismatched.

Katy
http://www.alittledailyhappiness.com

René said...

Dangerously great inspiration!

Carrie said...

I need that rug in my life. Great finds. I love West Elm!

My Notting Hill said...

Love your picks!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

West Elm is killing it. I always use their trays and I love the white vases...bought one for me :) Your photos of your place are so lovely.

Susan Tucker said...

O MY GAWD Sheriki, we must be twins in another life! LUVING everything...I am obsessed with green bottles by the way...Luv the way you style every thing...You give me inspiration...like all the time!!!
Thanks so much!!! #IAMYOURBIGGESTFAN!!

Unknown said...

wow..nice place i like it.


Click here for Online Piano Lessons

Unknown said...

I love seeing pictures of your home! The pom pom pillows and that coffee table from WE are pretty awesome. The nightstand too!

Pink Camellias said...

Love the pom pom pillows!

Back to Top