AROUND THE HOUSE





Have you checked out all of the ORC updates?  I can't believe how much work is being done around blogland.  I feel kind of lame that I am not doing manual labor on my project.

Not. 

Speaking of walls I will discuss the specifics of my horizontal planking next week although I am not sure there is a "right way" to do it.

Well we made it to Friday and I couldn't be happier.  Today I am going to scoot over to Scott's to see what's new.  I also think I will get real serious and do some spray painting this weekend....I'm such a crafty bugger.  The only thing getting in my way is this dang yellow pollen.  I have to quickly paint and then bring it inside.....

I took a few shots around the house the other day since the sun was out and light was awesome.


Y'all remember when I got this mirror right?  Well I stuck a dogwood branch in one of the pitchers and it was love at first site.  Might have to go fake when it dies....WHAT!  Sin.

And of course....in Waterlogue.


I wish I knew the name of this plant from Ikea....seriously it grows in a bookshelf.


When I find something that works then I just hang on to it!  I am all about easy.

These were just yard pickings.....

Here are some of the things I saw at ADAC this week.


I snapped a few more pictures of the Dana Gibson wallpapers....lick them if you want cause they are so good.




The I ran up to Schumacher to do a little ordering for "somebody".....:)

Spring=color!

Ahhhhh  so pretty.  Loving the wide trim.


And yes it wasn't all shopping and prettiness.....there was laundry, cleaning, organizing, work....you get it.

Remember all those clients who could not make up their mind....well boom....somebody sent out a memo cause it's crazy town right now!

Not complaining...

Shacrazed




20 comments

Betsy Cobb Gordon said...

Sherri,
That wallpaper is so gorgeous! Oh my, love it all. I just saw a great dogwood branch like your real one @ Ballard on DeFoor in the full price section. It's large and not too expensive.

Have a blast @ Scott, lucky girl.

Betsy

Interior Design Musings said...

Love the color blocking on those wallpapers! Good stuff. M.

Mandy said...

Beautiful...I think it is called a Z plant....I had one, it got packed away in a storage mobile unit for 6 months when our house flooded, and it lived!!! Amazing;) Mandy

Emily A. Clark said...

Makes my morning happy just to look at pictures of your handiwork around your house. I'm going out now to cut some stuff out of my yard.

Jae said...

That is a ZZ plant! I have one too. It's great. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamioculcas

Unknown said...

Everything is so spring-y! Looks lovely. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Nancy

Vel Criste said...

Love you mantle with those cherry blossoms and gorgeous mirror!

therelishedroost said...

Love your style my friend!! I love the use of large african beads in decor and that mirror , wow!!

debra @ 5th and state said...

ZIZIA plant, have to get some more!

crazed for that wallpaper with the pooches. i have in my shop faux, yes it's chicago after all, magnolia. stunning flowers and you would swear they are real with the bark and all. people are gaga over it!
debra

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Crazy for your mirror, and all the shots around your house! Can't wait to see what you find at Scott's.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I wish I was that somebody cuz that whole fabric story is screaming my name.

michele said...

black striped straws. that is all.

smiles.

michele

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Well, shacrazed...I have complete faith in ya! Nice dogwood. I KNOW that plant! I have one in my office.....with NO WINDOW!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

GOT TO GET THAT PLANT.

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

Great photos of your terrific styling.What is the name of that botanical/bird print in your Schumacher photo? Is it fabric? Can't wait to see how you use it!

Unknown said...

So glad that things are going better for you this week. The cute little plant is a Zamioculcas zamiifolia better known as a zz plant or a golden tree. The leaves can reach 3' tall if you are good to it.

Christina Baker said...

I LOVE the mirror and the arrangement you created with the dogwood flowers Sherry. I have also really enjoyed your use of B&W lately. The colors in the art, paper and fabrics are so very happy!

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

such beautiful styling! and love the new collection from dana Gibson!

Holly Gruszka said...

That trim! And I love that pretty light that you have in your home. What a pretty vignette you created by sticking that branch in there - I'm amazed at how simple "pretty" can be - just a little playing around.

René said...

Nothing inspires me more than seeing what you've been up to. Look great!

Back to Top