The rest of Scott's plus a little Ikea

You can score some great artwork at Scott's.  Well really you can get just about anything there.....it is like "one stop shopping"......

Somebody asked me the other day "is stuff cheap?".  Yes....and no.

You can get deals..... when you think of what the retail price would be.  The best part about it [in my opinion] is getting things from creative people who have either built, or scavenged.  They do all the work for you.

When I shopp for my clients, I am trying to keep their room from looking " brand spanking new".

I always want to give it a little patina....throw a little dirt in there.

Anyway...back to some crazy good art.

One of my favs.....Andrea Costa.  If you remember, I used some of her work in my bank project here.
Here are a few pictures of recent work.

I am actually going to use this one on a Lake Burton project.....purdy huh?

I love her colors......

I would SO love to have this one in my home......

Serious talent.....

This one would look great in my LR....someday!  I'm greedy...want them all....

Love the colors...Bill Harrison.

Another pretty one...

He has been painting on the Alabama and Florida coast for 30 years.  Call Carolyn Huff @ 251 232 5102 for info.

These are by L.R. King......904 536 0067

Love the slight lavender/periwinkle colors of this one....

So many good artist...wish I was one of them......

WHAT....... no pillows this month....

WRONG.....here they are my little sweets....
Green...did you see the cover of HB this month?????  All about this wonderful color.

Should I be tired of this pattern?...I am not.

I kinda loved this one.....have not seen this fabric before.

More green......my girl Sudi [404 434 2263] does it again.  Love this combo.

I love this one.....

Beautiful old textile from Iran.....

My favorite colorway in this pattern.....

From Scott's to Ikea.....whoa....kind of scary.

This rug used to come in only 2 colors....guess they figured out we liked it and now it comes in this one, and red and white.  So cute on a porch huh???


Tweed......serious rug love.

Pink buffalo check....really.....are you looking at the price here?????
Linen shams.....Holy goodness.  $13.  Run. Get. Some. Now.

Blue and white ticking duvet......orgotoPotteryBarnandgetonefor$200.00.  Your choice.

Ikea....you rock.  Thank you for coming to Atlanta.

Trying to get my anniversary [2 years of blogging] giveaway photographed but need sunshine to get a decent picture.  I think you will like what I have put together.....

It's Friday.....what cha up to?????

Sha Ray


By the way....my wonderful, talented blog designer Shari Miller of Little Blue Deer added a pinterest,  before and after, and community giveback [need to add pictures of the Nicholas House to that one]  buttons for me.  

I still love the way my blog looks......which is saying something since I can't seem to NOT get tired of everything else......in a nano second!  

24 comments

Unknown said...

Love the bird paintings. I wish I had an Ikea closer - mine is almost 2 hours away - boo! Have a great weekend!

Brandi said...

Have a great weekend! I love you things you spotted at Scott's.

Karena said...

Sherry wow you have found the gold! I adore Andrea's art! The price on linens is amazing!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Linen shams CHECK. I am so on it. And that's why my house will never be decorated, I either tire quickly of something or am super paranoid that I will so I never pull the trigger on a dang thing.

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

I would like to think I'm a lover of all colors, but I must admit--I pretty much hated the HB this month. Some of those greens...oh my. Anyway, I of course LOVE all your choices;) Definitely am a fan of those paintings.

Molly @ The Nesting Game said...

Those Ikea shams are the bee's knees! I have 'em in my guest room:

http://thenestinggame.com/nest-tour-2/nest-tour-guest-room/

Now I'm thinking of getting some for our room when I switch over to spring bedding!

That Iranian pillow is gorgeous!

Amy Vermillion @ Martineau Vermillion Interior Design said...

Hey SHa ray!
Love the sparrow painting! Ikea…I come home with too much stuff I never use. Love it though.
HAppy Friday,
Amy

Amy Vermillion @ Martineau Vermillion Interior Design said...

Hey SHa ray!
Love the sparrow painting! Ikea…I come home with too much stuff I never use. Love it though.
HAppy Friday,
Amy

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

The paintings are wonderful! I will definitely have a look at the links.

The enchanted home said...

Plan a bloggers conference at Scotts and I am so there!! Love that large lumbar pillow from the Persian textile, all the pillows are beautiful! Ditto the art, what a fun place!!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

All of the paintings are wonderful and the lumbar pillow with the textile on it is gorgeous. I think Tina has a great idea, lets have a bloggers conference at Scotts! I am so there!!!!!

Deserae said...

Beautiful paintings and pillows!!!! I wish we had an IKEA here...I am so jealous! Have a great weekend :o)
~Des

Kelly said...

Those paintings are very pretty! I love the one with the boat. You are so funny too with your Ikea tour. Ha! I wish it wasn't so far from my house and then I would go more often. I love their low prices!

Anonymous said...

I bought the checked duvet in the tan for my 4 yr old boy's room and grabbed up that linen pillow. Too cute!!! I was really shocked at how great some of their bedding was!

Lissa Pierce said...

Love those paintings by Andrea Costa. I need that one in four sections!
And I love me some Ikea bedding. Great stuff for an even better price!

Beth @A Little Country House said...

Oh Girl, I needed that...I have been at the circus all day with my son's kindergarten class....you just lulled me into a calm, stupor with those pics! I adore the painting of the white boat....If I ever had a house on Lake Burton,(never happening) that painting would be in it.... Ikea is definitley my speed!

Wonderful Life! said...

A home looks 'personal' when you shop Scotts, not decorated. I always begin projects there, too. You beat me to my post on Andrea! I have a few different photos to share. I love her work and am planning to use the red boat painting on a Lake Burton project! Great minds! Went to Lakewood today, disappointed.

Laurie said...

Fabulous paintings!!!!! Happy Happy weekend.

michele said...

loving all the art you spotlighted and pink gingham...get in mah belly!

michele

Barbara Bussey {The Treasured Home} said...

So where in Tarnation is Scott's? Yes, I was at Ikea and saw the linen pillow shams. Beautiful!

Kathysue said...

I see blue and white stripes plus black and white checks!! Oh my, two favorite color combos and patterns!! I remember the rug from Ikea, love it!! Too cute! Come by my blog and see my new addition to my house, Love it!! I think you will too, Happy Saturday,
Kathysue

Summer said...

I love it when you post photos of Scott Market since it is 6 hours one way for me so I don't get there every month. Pleaae keep it up.

lizziefitz said...

Pink. Buffalo. Check. .. I have been working hard on my daughter's new big girl room . A much more expensive pink buffalo check has been the main component of her inspiration board. I NEED to get to Ikea , fast:)

Holly Gruszka said...

I've never seen that Kelly Wearstler fabric in the minty green colorway - that is awesome! And yes, Ikea has been great - have you seen some of the dinnerware? I picked up some of the white linen drapes and I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. I think my husband is so anti-white that he thinks I'm crazy but I think they're awesome and once I add some trim to those babies they'll be even better. I didn't see the buffalo check when I was there so I'll have to check that out next time.

Back to Top