Progress and paint colors....

Hola......

Rainy Sunday afternoon.....here in Atlanta.

I have a few updates on one of my projects...the one where we did the mantle and surround out of reclaimed wood.

I thought I would share the paint colors with you.  I know if you are like me, we are always on the search for the "perfect color"....


She wanted mostly  neutrals, especially in the common areas [family room, kitchen, and hallways].

We also painted the 3 boys rooms the same.

Here are the names:
Liv's room [her daughter]
walls are SW 7112 Pinkish.  Y'all this is the prettiest pink ever...so soft...just a hint of color.  
ceiling is BM 866 Winter Ice.  Perfect.

Hard to tell because it was a rainy dreary day when I took these.

The playroom is BM Bleeker Beige HC 80.  No picture yet but it is one of my staples!  Nice neutral.

Boy's rooms:  BM Clay Beige OC 11.  A great neutral without yellow.
The Jack and Jill bath is SW 7506 Loggia.  A shade deeper than the bedrooms.
The master bedroom is going to be BM Natural Cream OC 14.  Nice neutral....a little chalky.
The Dining room is BM 1479 Alaskan Husky....swoon...

BEFORE
 
AND AFTER


So soft...it looks more blue than it is....gray with just a hint of blue.

The Laundry room: BM AC 16 Kentucky Haze.....everything.  Trim, ceiling, and walls.  The wood banisters are going to be SW Iron Ore 7069

If you remember, I used the same honed slate tile in there.  Should be painted today, so I will have shots soon.....

The floors are done.  We used Dark Walnut stain.  We painted the brick but we might have to tweak the color.....

The common areas are BM White Sand.  
All the trim and ceilings are BM White Dove.

Here is the sofa we ordered for the family room.  It looks messy here but we were lounging all over to make sure it was comfy!!!  And boy is it.  I have MG sofa and chairs that are 10 years old.  I just found out that their cushions have a lifetime warranty!!!  Good to know.  Plus, I love the option of being able to order extra slipcovers.  I have the white ones that I use for the summer and the flax linen for the winter.

It is the Mitchell Gold Morgan 90" slipcovered sofa.  We also got the 2 chairs that match.  

Next step is rug, pillows and some window treatments.....

I am trying to get my giveaway photographed and I NEED some sun!!!
But here is a hint...place setting for 12....cute huh?  

AND...there is more......think vintage for this one.

My husband is in the other room doing taxes.  I am trying to be invisible........are you feeling my pain here:)

Sha Whisper.....




36 comments

An Urban Cottage said...

The color palette is wonderful. Have we picked a dining room fixture yet?

Unknown said...

Love the grayer blue. Great color scheme and reclaimed wood is fabulous. Dark slate floor = LOVE.

Renae Moore said...

All is going to be loverly!!!

Kathysue said...

Love the subtle colors you have chosen, these will have longevity. Really like the direction you are going here. I always do though!! I use to hate tax time, where are all those darn receipts when you need them? Now that I am retired ,no worries here!! Whew! Kathysue

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

That fireplace is just to die for - your client must be loving you!!

Kelly said...

Love that sofa you picked out! I know it's going to look great. Also.........swooning over the new rustic mantel. What a focal point. Wish I had it. Great idea!!

Emily A. Clark said...

Sha Whisper, I wish you would come.help.me pick some neutrals for my bedroom. I'm over the thought of peacock blue. You're so good with the soft colors.

A Perfect Gray said...

great colors. i love those OC colors, too, and have always wanted to try the alaskan husky. what a huge difference it made! donna

tearinguphouses said...

that blue is perfect for a little boy's room.

and that fireplace. love!

michele said...

just my style! our home is also BM white sand/white dove in common areas--i'm in the market for a sofa, and this one just may be it! love.

michele

Beth @A Little Country House said...

Love all the colors!! BM White sand, I am gonna need to try a swatch of that! The fireplace is to DIE for!! Lovey!

Cindy said...

Oh my god that last sentence soooo made me laugh! In fact i'm still laughing...
THAT MANTEL is GORGEOUS! and the colors are heavenly... thanks for telling us what they are, finding wall paint colors drives me and everyone around me completely insane. Love the sofa too, this is all gonna look so crazy good when you're done!

Cindy

Jessie said...

Love the beautiful reclaimed wood fireplace mantel and simple lines of the sofa. All gorgeous picks, Sherry!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful paint colour scheme; the house will be stunning!

The enchanted home said...

Love that palette....so soft with just the slightest hint of color, my favorite look. Your giveaway is fantastic as usual. Thanks for sharing it..cannot wait to see this project come to life! Fun fun fun, Sharika!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Such pretty colors...love the daughter's room. I have made mistakes (little ones) with pink...that shade is lovely. I put slate in my laundry room too...thank God as the washing machine just leaked last week but the floors are fine. I love it.

Jalon Burton said...

Beautiful! What wonderful colors. ... and you can never go wrong with a Mitchell Gold sofa. I have one (slipcover) and am going to order a second set of slipcovers to 'mix it up' I always help my clients gravitate towards a line that offers quality and lifetime guarantees. I just wish they offered some sort of 'kickback' when I bring so many clients in! LOL Thanks for sharing.

Pura Vida said...

That blue is dreamy and my new master color for sure

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I love that slate floor. I just spec'd Alaskan Husky. What a beautiful color and it looks great in that dining room. The Mg pieces are going to look like perfection with that fireplace. Yum. Come do that for me. Well, that would mean a new house, but I'd be willing :)

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Love all the progress! My husband looooves to do our taxes. Yes, he's weird that way! But, this year he has informed me that I'm going to have to participate. What???? Seems this little business of mine requires me to do taxes as well. Ugh!! Not happy!

designchic said...

Feeling your pain...my husband worked on taxes this weekend too. Love all of the gorgeous colors, especially the dining room...fabulous!!

Acquired Objects said...

Nice color palette Sherry and I still love that fireplace mantle. I have an MG sofa in my living room and still looks as good as the day I bought it...it's 15.

Happy Holiday!
XX
Debra~

charmaine said...

Great colors! I love the alaskan husky and that sofa looks so comfy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog Sherry! I appreciate your comments.

Charmaine

Tracy F. said...

Lovely soft colors. Great fireplace, too.

Love your giveaway---reminds me of summer, and I need a little summer!

christy said...

Really like those soft colors, and what a difference in the dining room. Much better.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Its coming along and looking great. I love the soft blue. It is so pretty.

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

Love the colors-such a calm, soothing palette. That fireplace is amazeballs.

Amy Chalmers said...

Love some of these new to me colors! I want to check out the pinkish, and the alaskan husky...but lets get this straight...I have been chained to the dining room table doing the taxes, and I would much rather be doing the decorating design thing...so at least you get to do it on your tiptoes holding your breath.

Unknown said...

Colors are amazing!! The fireplace is looking fabulous!!!

www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

Holly Gruszka said...

I love these posts where you show us wall colors - very helpful. And that Alaskan Husky is up there on my list of paint colors to try someday - how pretty! My hubby still won't budge on the white slipcovered sofa for us :( Why??!! I think he needs some Sha Whisper advice to convince him.

René said...

It is such a treat watching this house come together. She is so lucky to have the talented and hilarious Sherry by her side.

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

I love when people share paint colors! Thanks so much! I love that whole color palette. So pretty.

Anonymous said...

Love all the neutral ocean tones. Working on a project with just those colors right now. Might have to mark down those BM colors.xx

Lisa Mende Design said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see the final product!!

Anonymous said...

That fireplace is so creative Sherry!

Gail Peterson said...

The colors you choose are great! Love the wood fireplace surround! The sofa is fabulous too, look forward to seeing it in there!
Have fun!
xo,
Gail
casualloveselegance

Back to Top