THIS AND THAT




A few things to cover today.....nothing earth shattering of course because we all know that Wednesday is the ORC reveal and I am sure it will be a "kumbaya" moment for all.

I was in Florida last week for all the rain.  Yup....21" in 24 hours.  Pretty much from Tuesday to Thursday night we got pounded.

I was bored.  

And I kept thinking of all the things I could be doing in the DR for the ORC.  Now...I will be scurrying like a honey badger.

While we were gone it also rained in Atlanta and the planting I did a couple of weeks ago is starting to fill out.

 


I still love the stripe umbrella from Ballard Designs [from last year] and I am trying to get one more year out of my outdoor furniture.  It is 10 years old and even though it cleans up nicely with my trusty power washer if I linger on one spot too long... I get a small hole.  Whoops.


In other news... for some reason ADAC selected me to give a tour.

I wish I could say this was open for everybody and we could have a big ole party, but it is only open to the trade.  If you are a designer and don't use the resources at ADAC...then you are missing out on a heck of a lot of good stuff.   I am not going to sugar coat this...please...someone show up:)

Next in this lineup of riveting topics is a little purchase at HomeGoods.

I picked up these 2 horns and decided to use them as bookends.  Oh HG's....why you gotta be about 500 ft from my house.

ORC update:
Last week I complained about my door knobs not showing up and then [like they heard me] ...ding dong...run to the door...


I'm in love:)

I am about to get crunk here so I can pull it together for Wednesday.

Shafreaka









 

21 comments

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the horns and the doorknobs are gorgeous!

Dana Frieling said...

Proud to be part of your 'legion!'

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

Love the knobs! Can't wait to see it all come together :) And then you are coming up 400 to my house, right?? :)

Taylor Greenwalt said...

If I lived close Id be there...I love those door knobs!

Judy said...

my sister and i were set to head to gulf shores/orange beach last wednesday but postponed it to later this month due to the rain! of course, our last day was going to be sunshine....

can't wait to see your room reveal!

Brandi said...

So excited for your room reveal! Your yard is so pretty with all the flowers blooming. Love your mantle! The bookends and door knob are gorgeous.

Simply LKJ said...

Your plantings look amazing. Cannot wait for the reveal.

Unknown said...

Oh yes, those knobs are gorgeous! The mantle is so Sherry and simply beautiful. Can't wait to see your dining room because I know it will be sheroffthecharts (hehehe)..

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the horns and mirror, plus those door knobs are fabulous.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Wednesday is coming fast,Sister...get a movin!

René said...

Your garden looks gorgeous! We need new outdoor furniture soon too, but haven't decided on any. Congrats on the tour - I'm sure you'll have a great turnout.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Sherry your garden is so pretty. Almost gets me motivated to work on my planters…almost! Looking forward to your big reveal!!!!!!!

Vel Criste said...

Love the knobs and congratulations on that honor Sherry, you deserve it.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Oh…I would love to be on your tour! SO smart of them to ask you!

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

Love the knobs so awesome... love reading your blog everytime. you are just too funny. good luck with the tour. Wish Philadlephia's design center was like ADAC!! would love to tour it with you:)

Unknown said...

Official ADAC tour guide! Saw the announcement in my ADAC email yesterday-I'm sure you will have a gaggle of designers at your heels!!! You know I'd be there if I could!

Nichole said...

I saw that you were going to be touring at ADAC! Fun! I'm trying to show up- Thursdays are my daughters ballet day, but I'm going to see what I can do! You know we love you girl!!! Lol! I will be there this Friday though for some of the events! And yes!! Final week of ORC! I'm pushing through!!! We can do it!!!!! :D

Barbara Bussey said...

Hey!

therelishedroost said...

I just told my friend a week ago that if I could change out the door hardware in my house it would be the ones you posted!! I just love them!! I wish I could attend the ADAC!

designchic said...

I can't wait to see!! Loving your knob…

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You will have a great crowd for the event, I have no doubt. :) Wish I lived closer!

Back to Top