MY FOYER PART 2





OK....So where were we......

Horizontal boards.  Check! 

Then I decided that I was tired of the stripes....don't get me wrong....I love them but I knew I could still do that treatment somewhere else in my house.

 With so many incredible wallpapers out now I started leaning in that direction.  

But which one?

Well that is the million dollar question.  It's the foyer and I will be seeing it everyday.

Here are a few of the gazillion samples I brought home.

Sanderson/Etchings & Roses

Farrow & Ball/Ocelot

Cole & Son/ Tile

Thibaut/T7069

Schumacher/Queen of Spain

Clockwise from bottom left:
Schumacher/Manor Gate
Schumacher/Fern Tree
Schumacher/Fern Tree
Thibaut/T13027

Bottom right:
Anna French/Cantal



Quadrille/304046wp

And....Schumacher/Acanthus Stripe

Oh...there were more
Groundworks/Channels Paper

Thibaut/T1865

Are you starting to feel my angst now?
That is one of the reasons I was afraid to add the foyer to my ORC....what if I couldn't make a decision?  What if it was backordered....

I wanted something that went well with the Schumacher Hollyhock cause I had committed to that fabric....and I really wanted to paint my front door.


Blue.

Then I started splitting hairs as you can see.
In the end I went with BM Palladian Blue HC 144


And this is when I fell in love.....Dayum this color is pretty.

So it went like this.....

I chose the Celerie Kemble.  I kept going back to that one because  it had grasscloth AND white....what is not to love huh? 



I know it's a small room and you are thinking....come on already Sherry....what is the hold up here?

Well that would be me..... being mean.  Plus I want to take some pretty pictures which I will do today!

In other news my friend Darlene just posted her nursery and it's so good!  Go here to take a look!

It's Wednesday....so you only have 2 more days until the weekend.

Hang in there

Shemeaniegirl






25 comments

Dana Frieling said...

Meanie, meanie 2x4...I'll let you finish the song. ;) The snippet is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Palladian Blue is my fave. I used it in my master bath. Love it!

Julia Ryan said...

holy crap this is just so so so good! I love every paper you selected, no wonder it was so hard to choose. Obsessed with the blue door too. When I lived in cottage in Pawleys Island I hated everything coastal and cottagey and now that I live in a Virginia Dutch Colonial it's all I want. ha!

Fran said...

I loved how you took pics of all your wall paper samples!! It would've taken me weeks to choose!! Love what you ended up with and the door color is perfect! Can't wait to see more.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Well now you've done it. I'd been throwing around the idea of painting the inside of my front door and then you had to go and show me that amazing picture. Now I've got another project to do. Thanks my friend! :)

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Love what your chose - can't wait to see more! And thank you, thank you for sharing all of the other papers you were choosing between - we will be wallpapering our foyer at some point and I love all of these options!

Kathysue said...

Loving your little TEASE post. Palladian is one of my go too colors, in fact we are painting my son's living room this color with bright white moldings. Loving the South, here at Hilton Head,
xo Kathysue

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I love the blue door and wallpaper...so pretty!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, it is going to look amazing. Can't wait to see it all done.

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Wow! Loving it! That door color is SO great!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Love the door and your choice, can't wait to see it all!

Sarah Bragg said...

Girls got skills!!! Love it!

Pura Vida said...

man oh man you inspire me!!

Vel Criste said...

I'm in the same boat as you Sherry - its like picking the most beautiful rose among a bunch of them! Love all your choices and the choice you eventually made dear

Vel Criste said...

BTW, your Dining room was one of my faves for the ORC (no surprise there I think)! Posted about it on the blog today if you have the time to check it out! Have a great day!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Upper left Schumacher for the win! Love the soft grey palette against all the whites...you've got quite the sample package so I'm sure any of these will be stunning! Can't wait to see what you decide!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That and the Anna French were my favorites. Your door is so pretty. I've used that color on ceilings, too.

Ashley said...

Sensational choices! I opted for Palladian Blue recently in our guest bedroom and I can't endorse it enough. So, so pretty. I love the direction and am looking forward to seeing the final results!

Woodside Park said...

That's fierce, Sherika!! I actually love them all :) Now stop being a tease.

therelishedroost said...

I knew you where going to pick Celerie before I even got to the end!! THat was the one I thought of when I thought of your dining room colors, that looks fabulous!!!! I love palladian blue and Dix Blue from farrow and Ball too for a robins egg blue punch! WHat ever you pick it will be stunning!

Joann Kandrac said...

Girl - you are consistently hitting it out of the park! Love it :)

designchic said...

I was saying, let it be the Celerie Kemble, let it be the Celerie Kemble. It's perfection, but I must say I'm a little jealous…love, love love this paper!! Dying to see every single square inch of the space…

Unknown said...

Decisions decisions...I think you made some great ones! The colors and patterns are so calming and welcoming. Love!

Holly Gruszka said...

I love how this came together and it sounds cliche but you know when the combo gets to be at that spot where it's just right. I'm catching up on reading so going through this now - love the choice that you went with on the paper too.

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Hey Sherry.. what material did you use for the horizontal boards? I want to plank our side entry, but I want something wider than the Evertru planks I've used in the past. Thanks!!

Back to Top