In case you didn't know....It's Friday!!!!

Made it home from the beach.  I was still glad to be there even though we only had one sunny day.  One.  No biggie.



We went to leave on Wednesday and I must have left a door or something open [I'm not copping to anything] but the battery was dead.  Fortunately I had the paperwork with me that the battery was only 2 years old.  Husband was grumbling and wanted to go get a new one put in.  Not me.  Once we jumped it, my thought was to just drive home without turning off the car.  5 hours.  He drove because I would have turned it off at the first stop.  My memory is that short sometimes.

Although when we stopped for gas, I took the dogs and fled to a nice grassy area.  You know you always see that sign that says "TURN OFF ENGINE WHEN FILLING TANK".  I was not in the mood for an explosion that day.  Especially with me in the car.  Know what I mean????

Went to Scott's yesterday.  Had too much on my schedule today to go back.  Saw so much cool stuff.  Cause you know I need some more stuff.  Pictures coming.

  I do have a few extra pictures of that bedroom I was working on.  We needed a chair in the corner and Homegoods did not let me down.  

Before....

And after...


It was the perfect color.  I stalked it while someone else was taking a look.  I made some noise and she looked away.......allowing me to swoop in.  Needless to say, I was cocked and ready to fight for it.  Got the lamp also.  Love the big shade.  All in the same day.  Somedays you just have karma.

She had a gazillion of those reader digest books.  Good Lord...I sprinkled those all over the room like pepperoni on a pizza.  You'll see.


More books.....Yes, I wanted to put cream panels on these windows.  Sometimes you just can't sell it to them.  
More....

This is the view from the bedroom window.  

And this....

It's OK.....I prefer my backyard.... that looks like the jungles of Vietnam right now.  I did nothing to it this summer.  Maybe I will get motivated for fall.

Must to go feed the dogs.  My male dog [Zippy] will stand there with his bowl in his mouth breathing heavily  [with breath so bad it could knock a buzzard of a "shitwagon" as they say] for like 10 hours.  OK, maybe I am exaggerating but some scenario  like that.

You people stay busy this weekend.....

Shazam....



36 comments

Anonymous said...

gorgeous room...love the soft colors and the chair is perfection...!!
view of the back yard is divine...
..btw, feed your dog for a change..lol..
yea, my pooch has the worst breath too.. :)
best,
maureen

Jessie said...

Love the chair that you picked! And that backyard is gorgeous!

Have a fabulous weekend, Sherry!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Angie said...

Oh my goodness Sherry you crack me up!!! I LOVE reading your posts. By the way, I could sleep on the floor it meant I'd have that view. My yard looks like a desert... :(

lisaroy said...

You are too funny!
Love your finds and it's a good thing you didn't have to tackle her to get it! It's a lovely home - I love the privacy of the backyard - no neighbors peeping while they swim :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Yes, we know what ya mean. Love that house. I want their backyard.

Jae said...

Excited about Scott's....going this weekend.

Cindy said...

Ohhhh... that corner with the homegoods chair is lookin fine! And, I know they're gonna let you change out those brown blinds... right???! I think her little books are kinda cute. Can't wait to see the rest. I've never heard the phrase knock the buzzard off a shitwagon, but i'm pretty sure it's gonna be my new favorite thing to say now.

Cindy

Holly Gruszka said...

You've brought that room together so nicely - it's very pretty. And I love the new chair.

Laurie Amerson said...

Ahhhhhhhhh.......sorry I missed you at Scott's. Did keep one eye out, but the other was looking at all the goodies. Man. Oh. Man. Good stuff to be had.

under spanish moss said...

Loving that chair. Glad you didn't have to tackle the other lady for it. Love what you did in the room.
Angela and Renee

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

Great chair! I need to find me some of those books!

have a good weekend!

Tiffany {Living Savvy}

Kellie Collis said...

What a lovely home! That chair looks so cozy to sit on. Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

It's too bad when you can't sell a customer on the right color window coverings. But as long as the customer is happy, right? What a great job you did....what a beautiful home they have!

Anonymous said...

I wanna see that Curtis Jere project, you big tease!

René said...

Poor Zippy needs a tic tac :) Loving the updates and my fingers are crossed that I never go head to head with you at Homegoods.

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Love the chair...and those readers digest books add a fun touch! Take care, Caroline

Mary said...

Hi Sherry,
We just got back from a road trip to Great Falls, Montana. While having breakfast at one of the many hotels we stayed at, we had a conversation with some ladies from Atlanta. Of course I had to ask them if they had ever been to Scott's. They couldn't say enough about how great that place is. I hope to make it down there someday.

Linda in AZ * said...

*** GREAAAT PICS, and an even BETTER sense of humor in writing (!!!)~~~~ I LIKE YOUR STYLE, m' friend!!!

Thanks for a nice, early A.M. smile!

Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

traci zeller designs said...

You are so hilarious. The cream panels would have been perfection. Too bad she didn't go for it -- but what you did looks amazing! And I just about died laughing at your battery story. I would have done exactly the same thing. A few months ago, I was in the car with someone who has NEVER turned her car off to fill it with gas ... and I was like, is there something fancy about your car that you don't have to turn it off? And she said, no why. And I said, BECAUSE there are warnings everywhere that the car might explode!!! Fortunately it hadn't - and she turned it off.

casey at loft and cottage said...

"Like pepperoni on a pizza"! Love the books, love the chair, love it all. Looking GOOD.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

The chair looks so good and I love how you added the pictures. You back yard is beautiful. Far from a jungle!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous job....and what a STUNNING back yard. Dayum!


Linda@Lime in the coconut

julie said...

That collage by the chair is one of my favorites you've ever done. So funky and still elegant. And since when is HG stocking Lee? Awesome. Love ya.

Cindy Albert said...

Sherry, you are so much fun! Nice pics. Looking forward to your next post.

Regards...Cindy

Lauren (The Cottage Mix) said...

Love the chair and the arrangement on the wall. Gosh that backyard is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

I'm with Rene....hope I am never looking at the same items as you in any store. No doubt you would win!!!
This room is a delight, even without the cream panels!

Cathy

Splendid Willow said...

Good to have you back! Wonderful job on the bedroom! (No Homegoods in sight in the entire state of WA. I have even complained over at the HG HQ! In CA it used to be MY playground). The chair is very handsome. The homeowner must love working with you (white panels or not).

ox, Mon

P.S That backyard is magazine worthy. Stunning.

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Beautiful bedroom, beautiful view. Hope you had a great weekend! It was so gorgeous outside!
Take care,
Lori

Marianne said...

Sherry, the room is gorgeous!!! I'm sure the howeowner is beyond thrilled. And, the view out the window... to die for!

Amy Vermillion @ Martineau Vermillion Interior Design said...

Hilarious as usual. There was a dummy talking on her cell phone the other day while filling up. I thought for sure we were all going to be blown to tarnation. All she needed was a cigarette.
Happy Week my Atlanta pal,
Amy (your Charlotte pal)

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What to comment on first in this post...that backyard or the car battery?! What a view, I'd take it. Janell

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

p.s. comment before mine: I thought the no cell phone use at a gas pump was an urban legend. Hum...Janell

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the chair - worth a good fight for sure!

Lisa Mende said...

Love the chair! I realized this morning, that I had not been getting posts from you and checked only to discover that I was no longer a member of your blog readers! I don't know how that happened but glad to be back. Love your humor and your work!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

The room is looking gorgeous girl!!

(Knock a buzzard off a shitwagon) LMAO!!!

Lou Cinda

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Ya'll know ya'll from the south when you say stuff like knock a buzzard off a "shitwagon"... so is my husband. Do you know "tighter than a tick?"

Those people are so lucky to have you working your magic.

Back to Top