BEFORE AND AFTER








So much going on in my small little world right now.  First off and this is huge......my TV is pixelating so bad it's giving me a tick.  I know....shallow but it's the little things right?  I had to actually call the cable company which as we all know like having a stick poked in your eye.

And....then you get that window of time they they are coming....like between 12 on Wednesday to 3 on Friday right?  And if they call and you don't answer the phone they cancel.  I don't know about you but I don't answer my phone unless I know who it is..... so there's that.

Anyway first world problems.  I need to get over it.

I helped my friend Rose with her install on Wednesday.  It was so fun!  This home was built in the mid 70's and it had a great vibe to me.  I could have moved right in!

She had some really pretty things but like everyone....just needed the touch of 2 designers for a little styling and such....haha!  

This post will show you what you can do with what you already have.

Here is some of the stuff we arrived with!


And look....this is the spread she left out for us!  Clients take note :)



Let's start with this incredible sunroom which I would kill for....all those windows!

It had a good start.  Not changing the furniture but just styling it up a little with new pillows and a few accessories.


First off Rose neutralized the space with a new rug.  


She had this beautiful zebra skin [I almost put in my car!] in another room which we brought it in to layer on top.  Boom....better already!


A few pillows.....


To lighten up the dark brown leather chairs some textural neutral pillows and a throw were added.

It really came together!

Before.....


Across from the sofa is the TV cabinet.


Took down some of the jars and added some baskets....again more texture.



Small changes people!

Empty table....

Added a lamp that was in another room....

Abracadabra....presto chango.

And a bathroom that was spruced up....here are the before shots.



Sorry you have to look into a toilet but well....we all have em so don't be offended:)



A little wallpaper and some art she already had!




What a difference huh?  I love this Thibaut paper....I have used it before.

Rosy Rose you did a great job!!

One of my favorite things is repurposing what clients have.  We live in a world where we feel like we have to get rid of everything and start over but I think it gives a home a more collected look to mix it up.

And.... there is your tip of the day!

Hope y'all have a great weekend.  I'm working on Saturday but I'm planning to check out on Sunday and not do anything design related....yeah....right.

Feeling..... 
Shayfab







10 comments

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherry, great project! My husband is a customer service executive for one of the cable companies in Atlanta. Let me know if he can assist you with anything. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love your posts. They are what I call real designing. Not everyone needs or wants all new, no personality rooms. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Love the transformation! Can you provide a source for the woven/sisal rug?

debra @ 5th and state said...

you & Rose, what a great combo, well done!

yep, do not need to start over, completely that is, it is more of a challenge, don't you think. With all of your wonderful before/afters Sherry. I look forward to your life's before & glorious after
xx
debra

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for always providing inspiration! I really like how you updated the rooms with out everything needing to be totally new, like it just arrived out of the current showroom.

Judy said...

What a huge change that the wallpaper in the bathroom makes!!!

gayle said...

A first world problem, I laughed out loud. I was in Italy on a 12 guest food and wine tour a couple of weeks ago. We were having a raw fish dinner and the waiter kept bringing little packets of wet washcloths. I said, without thinking, "Omg, these are so much nicer than those little hot washcloths we get in first class." The hostess said, 'first world problems, Gayle". I love how you design and use what your client already has! I feel so bad about the waste in the world today. Fashion and décor, food and electronics. I know everyone deserves to make a living but be responsible.

Gail Storti said...

Cable companies...need I say more? Ugg!

What would it take to get you and Rose on a plane to Southern California? I would even make you homemade ravioli and ply you with good wine and chocolate! Love the update ps and that you use things the owner has. I have things I love but just need someone with your keen eye for design to give me a fresh take on all my old stuff (I was going to say crap, but not all of it is crap!) thanks for all the inspiration without tossing everything out. Genius!

Hollie at Stuck on Hue said...

My favorite change is the new wallpaper in the bathroom. Wallcoverings are ao transformative!

Deets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Back to Top