HOUSE BEAUTIFUL..... MODERN FARMHOUSE DETAILS






So glad y'all liked my fashion post....I felt like it was pretty basic but then of course I threw in those white boots and that gave it some excitement.  How many of you gave them some consideration?

I am working my 15 minutes of fame like it's my job....more House Beautiful.  Hey it's not everyday that a nobody designer from Atlanta gets to  grace the pages of one of the biggest shelter magazines right?

Indulge me please:)

I thought I would give you some shots of the outside.


Here you can see the plans architect Linda MacArthur drew up.  My friend Michael Ladisic built the house.  

Things to notice....the courtyard where the garages are is a great place for outside entertaining.....

You can see here....looking through.  On the left is the "friends" entrance.  More on that in another post....yeah I know but can't give it all to you at once!


So cute right?
This door is used for deliveries.  There is a special lock [@getboxlock on instagram] that you can send a one time code so it can be secured behind.

I love it!

The house before it was painted....

I felt strongly about painting it white because I mean it did have a modern farmhouse look but really wanted to get some dark paint somewhere....so...

I love how it turned out!  Benjamin Moore Iron Mountain.

View from the other side.  The garage is painted BM CSP 205.


Bevolo Sconces....
Thoughts?

The body is painted BM China White.  





Sponsor: Marvin Windows

Sponsor: Woodward Outdoor Furniture
Let's go back to the courtyard.
Through this door is the back hallway and the dog room!

Paint color is BM Texas Leather

See how the doors stack back to allow for easy entertaining?


Opens up to the dining area.  Gorgeous Circa Lighting fixtures and the Charles Stewart dining chairs.

Covered in Thibaut performance fabric and now for sale for 450.00 each in case you are interested.  8 of them!  Call Roe at Charles Stewart [404 876 3799]


Around back...this is the kitchen with 2 doors that open to a small outdoor living area.  The kitchen sink is there....what a view huh?


Inside looking out......The genius of Matthew Quinn!

I might cook if this was my kitchen....just saying....or at least wash the dishes.... although with that great delivery closet I sure could get some good food delivered:)

Would you be excited if this was your house?  I certainly wood.  #houseofmydreams

Although with what's going on in California I am just appreciative to have a home right?

Look....do not roll your eyes when I keep posting about this house.  It's gonna happen so just prepare.

Sherikacan'tshutup









13 comments

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love it - what color are the kitchen cabinets.

Anonymous said...

The house is great! The white boots not so much for me (what is it about white shoes?) some leopard bootiies would be fun too!
Love your work keep on posting!!!

debra @ 5th and state said...

DON'T STOP! this house is so smashing, want to see it all

ps; hardly a "nobody"!

debra

Catherine said...

Thank you for sharing this amazing house, and your contributions. I love it all, except the shape of the porch posts. Such a classic look to the exterior, I'm puzzled by this architectural design decision. Keep these posts coming!

Denise said...

The Delivery Door is pure GENIUS! I live in a safe neighborhood but have noticed now when I order things delivery requires a signature. Brilliant way around that. Adore the kitchen sink! Only criticism is the porch posts, just not so much. Can't wait to see more!

AnneHH said...

No such thing as too many House Beautiful house posts!!!! Congratulations, again, on your triumph there! SO wish I could have gotten to Atlanta to see it in person.

sara said...

The delivery door is GENIUS!!!!

Gail Storti said...

Please...don’t shut up, I want to hear every detail of this house. And if that was my house, I’d be over the moon with excitement! The exterior is as wonderful as the interior and I love the different colors you chose. They meld together so nicely, which I’m sure makes the house a stand out in the neighborhood. Fabulous windows and doors and the stack back slider doors off the kitchen are the best! How I’d love to pull up to that courtyard after a long day. Not that brave. Sherry, you definitely are NOT some “nobody” designer from Atlanta and proved that you belong up there with the best of them. Congratulations!
P.S. I did give the white boots some thought, but after a few seconds, I came to my senses. I’m just not quite that brave...or hip!

Barbara Bussey said...

Wonderful! Yes, I’d wash dishes, too! Loving the two different exterior colors used. Are there two different types of windows used? Looks like steel windows and then another style. Great work!!

Farmhouse For Sale said...

I love the ideas for the modern farmhouse look. I will surely use the door design that you recommend in my next farmhouse projects. I appreciate the new ideas for farmhouse door or design and a big fan of your work. I have to say great work!

Dayna said...

Beautiful. Would you mind sharing the paint sheen you chose for the exterior? Is it satin or flat? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful charming home. Only thing I would do differently is the main house roof color. I would have chosen something to match the color of the dark grey side garage. To each their own though. I’m currently shopping to match roof and siding colors.

Back to Top