BEFORE AND AFTER LIVING ROOM AND DINING ROOM





Well.....well....well!  Somebody is actually reading my blog!  You guys were commenting like it was 2014:)

I am so proud of this project and could not be happier that it was published in Southern Homes.  It was a perfect fit for their Before and After issue.

Just to review...... my clients had lived in this house for over 20 years and raised their 3 children there.  It is in a great location and after looking for a new house [with no luck] they decided to do the renovation.

After it was all done there was not one inch that wasn't updated including the whole unbuilt space downstairs adding a bedroom, bath, office another family room, sitting area, 1/2 bath, and gym!

So....today I am showing you the living room/dining room which were 2 rooms before and now have been opened up to one large space.

Right behind the kitchen was the DR 

After.....


Before 


2 doorways were added into the kitchen/family room.  The bookcases were also taken out.


She opted for a more casual space and the Charles Stewart dining chairs are covered in performance fabric!

One of my favorite things is the makeover of the fireplace including the antique mirror over the mantel.


Circa Lighting chandelier

During....



Before of the living room

As you can see there were doors in-between the DR/LR.  We also changed the windows and got rid of the arches for a more streamline look.


Love this Lee Jofa trim....which helped to define the white curtains from the white walls.....Benjamin Moore White Dove

After.....same direction view.  Circa Lighting fixtures

All upholstery is Charles Stewart.  Paint color Benjamin Moore White Dove.

This became a long room and I wanted to add some of the bookcases back for texture.

Before

During



I decided to frame them around the sofa.


As I said in the first post we re-used most of the clients art which had been collected over the years from their travels.....


You can see here it is all one space now....

I think this was the day I found this awesome coffee table from Bungalow Classic.


It was perfect for the space.



I really tried to give her a classic look....something that would stand the test of time....using as many of her accessories and such as I could so it would feel like home.

Architect: Linda Macarthur 
Builder: Michael Ladisic

I managed to make it through the week without any incidents.....meaning no change of clothes in the middle of the day....hahaha

I did do something stupid like wear new shoes to the Mart one day and now I am sporting ugly blisters on both of my heels....which limits my shoe wearing at this time.

Crikey it's always something.

OK.....here are the three subscriptions!  Please email me with your address!

Regina S. said...

Oh my gosh this made my morning! I love how real you are! Love everything on this reno. I would love to read this magazine!

Scribbler said...

I love everything about this house that we see so far. Will we get to see the rest?

Angie Tyner said...
Bless your heart, haven't we all been there at one time in our lives! 😂Love your honesty and love everything you design. Keep it up!!!

Shapinchme






21 comments

Cristi Holcombe said...

This reno is perfection. Period. ❤️

Unknown said...

Incredible. The dining room is fantastic. Love the two new openings. You’re so good!!

Dana said...

Gorgeous Sherri! Can you give the fabric info for the dark sofa? Love it. Also, met Sudi at the Mart and she (and her pillows) were fantastic! Thanks in advance.

debra @ 5th and state said...

just realized I was staring at the images, mouth open, drooling......hot damn girl! gorgeous!
love the details everywhere including changing the direction of the beams

have to go back & stare again!
debra



Kathleen said...

I never comment but LOVE,LOVE, LOVE your blog, your work and your adventures!

Kathy said...

You knocked it out of the park again! Love it all! I need to subscribe to "Southern Homes" too!

Patti said...

Just Beautiful! Love the Circa lighting fixtures -

Robin Alley said...

I've followed you for a long time and have never commented but always love seeing your work. However, after seeing this home's transformation, I must chime in. It is absolutely incredible!!! Would never know this was the same house unless seeing these photos side by side. Everything about the new layout and style is perfection! The details are amazing and everything is just gorgeous!
The homeowners must be thrilled.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful transformation! Have you ever considered doing online consultations-you know in your spare time?!!

brenda murphy said...

I love this! and in fact am going out to get that magazine just so that I can have these images around. Too bad you are so far from me (Canada)! Congratulations, wishing you much continued success.

Gail Storti said...

Every inch of this “before and after” redo is perfection! You made their home very up to date but kept it classic to stand the test of time. I love all the changes, especially opening up the space and painting everything White Dove. It just gorgeous, great job!!

Scribbler said...

Damn, you are good! I love your blog and design work. I guess this is OK — I won, you said, so — I am Scribbler— my email is ellenshook@mac.com. Damn, this is fun!

I love your blog! I used to blog for 10 years, used to be a designer but retired. It is so much fun to watch what you do.

Ellen Shook ellenshook@mac.com

Anonymous said...

Huge fan of this - congrats on the feature! Do you have the source (or sell) those curtain rods? Love. Please let me know, thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I love this so much. The curtains are flat-out gorgeous. So unbelievably beautiful. This actually makes me feel better about spending so much money on custom curtains--they are totally worth it!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely, Sherry. I think the biggest compliment I can give you is that this home doesn't look...decorated. It looks fresh and traditional and warm and has so many pretty and thoughtful spaces. That dining room fireplace with the mirrors is just delightful. Well done Miss Sherry!

jeannene said...

Oh my, you are so talented! I just love your work! I really like how you replaced the arches above the windows. They look so much better now. Congratulations! You should be very proud of your work. You are making the world a more beautiful place!

Karen said...

Your work is truly magazine worthy! How fortunate your clients were to have you on their renovation team. What a dream it would be to walk into these rooms each day! What color did you use in the back of the display shelves on each side of the dining room fireplace?

Unknown said...

Phenomenal job Sherry- I love this so much and all of your structural changes! Beautiful!

Will IS said...

Great job! Where did you get the round balls in the fireplace?

Tirmah interiors said...

Thanks for sharing useful information.
Rugs online

Anonymous said...

It's really lovely but why did you remove the arched windows? They were beautiful!

Back to Top