ONE ROOM CHALLENGE WEEK ONE









One Room Challenge.  ORC.  Marathon.  Stress.  Deadlines.

And....we all sign up for it.

20 Designers walking down this nerve-racking, unknowing....sometimes hair-raising road.  

But still we toss our hat in the ring.

This go around there is quite the talent. 


As usual I have all the same thoughts....WTH was I thinking a while back when Linda from Calling It Home sent me that email inviting me to join the ranks again.

Of course I said yes......it is quite the honor.....even though I had no idea who I was going to rope into this event!

Let's say you just moved to this country and while reading this you are scratching your head.  You might ask yourself "what is this ORC she is talking about?"  

One room in 6 weeks.  Hahahahahaha.  Insane right.

Yeah......pretty much.

Anyway as luck would have it I have another sister.  Yep.....and the word challenge really applies to this edition of the ORC.

How about we get to the before pictures so you can wipe that puzzled look off your face.


This is her family room/kitchen. Think we should keep that valance :)


Nothing....and I am sure I don't have to do much convincing about this.....has been done in over 15 years.


Pine floors, pine cabinets....pine bookshelves.


PINE everywhere.



So why has she not updated this joint in that long?  Because 10 years ago she decided to open a restaurant.  My little sister.  The one "Bunny" and I tortured as a child.  JK.  Not.



And guess what?  In Atlanta where there are almost more restaurants than designers :).....she is still open!  And that is where ALL her money goes!


Her signature desert is banana pudding....yum yum.

Now here is the difference between "Bunny" and Nancy.  If I say I want to do expensive grasscloth on the walls [see last ORC reveal here].....Bunny's eyes will grow large and she will say yes!  Order  it!  Budget be dammed.  

Nancy will say "how much?".  Meaning.....I am not sure how many "wow" moments I can squeeze out of her but you better believe I will put her on a payment plan if need be.

Lucky for me Linda has rounded up some great sponsors.  Thank God.  Mama might need to pull a rabbit out of somewhere:)

You must carve out some time today to see where everyone else is starting.


I hope you will return every Wednesday for the next 5 weeks [final reveal on Nov 11th] to see how I pull this off.

Shaymagician
















36 comments

Unknown said...

Yay! I've missed seeing you and your magic. I want to be your sister! Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

Really looking forward to see you work the magic with this sister's home :)
Darlene
www.BundleMeBaby.etsy.com

Cindi said...

I live in Atlanta. I love banana pudding. Where is her restaurant? Yum

Beth C. said...

This is gonna be good! Best, Beth C.

Unknown said...

This is going to be a pretty amazing transformation! Can't wait to see the progress and the end result!

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Excited to see what you do! I can't wait. Here's to a great six weeks!

Vel Criste said...

Super excited to follow you along Sherry, by the time your thru with this Pine-y room, it will be fantastic!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

So excited!!! I love watching you weave magic, and reading your funny voice with it. Get it, girl!

Carrie said...

Hooray!! Can't wait to see what you do. This before looks a little like every room in my world.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Is this your last sister? I guess it is her turn to torture you? Can. Not. Wait. to see the after on this one.

The Pink Pagoda said...

Three sisters in Atlanta? That sounds like so much fun!! This will be an extreme transformation and your sister is going to be THRILLED!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Always look forward to seeing what rabbit you pull out of your hat Sherry! What a doll for making over this room for your busy, hard working sister. I'm participating with Thursday's bunch again this year. The ORC is so much fun to take part in. Good luck to you!

Unknown said...

This is going to be SOOOOO good. I can't wait to see what you do with all of that pine loveliness:) When all is said and done, I knot it's going to be amazing!

Vanessa@Decor Happy said...

That's what sisters are for! Can't wait to follow along and see what prettiness develops! Cheers to a fun 5 weeks!

Kathy said...

How exciting! I used to work in an office complex right by Nancy's restaurant and would eat there every week. I live in Boston now, and I was just wondering recently if she was still at the restaurant. I can't wait to see your transformation.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I know you will transform this room into a beauty and I cant wait to see what you will do...and those curtains must go to curtain heaven!

Holly Phillips @ The English Room said...

I see a HUGE transformation in the works. Cannot wait!!!!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Lucky sisters! Does Nancy have a fun name like Bunny? I know I'm going to enjoy your challenge as I find you both hilarious and super talented. Welcome back!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Perfect that your other sister gets some help!! Work your magic, Sherry!

Melissa @ Polished Habitat said...

So fun that you are taking on another sister space. This is going to be a crazy transformation no matter the budget!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Lucky little sister! Looking forward to this one, Sherry!

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Lisa S said...

We love Nancy G's!! How fantastic...good luck. I know it'll be fabulous.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh Sherry, I am just JOYOUS that you are doing the ORC again!! Woohooo!!!!!! Your sisters are so lucky to have you!!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

That's one lucky sister! Can't wait to see you work your magic in that space!

Pink Camellias said...

I predict this will be an amazing transformation! Like the new logo!

Unknown said...

This is going to be soooo good! And ah, the perks of having you as a sister! Lucky lady.

cindy hattersley design said...

I think you should totally keep that valance...never know when it might come back!! I know you will work your magic!!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to have you back in the ORC mix - it's not the same without a Sherika room! And just remember, for future ORCs, if you run dry on sisters willing to volunteer their space, this girl will gladly let you adopt her for six weeks :)

Mary@ I Like It Lovely said...

Looking forward to seeing the space come along! Good luck.

Naz said...

Please don't take this the wrong way but when I viewed the pictures of Nancy's home I thought she was an older woman. I was surprised to see she's so young. It's hard work owning a business never mind in the restaurant business so she' does deserve a home befitting her.

Tobe | BIA said...

Man, you have some lucky family members. Sounds like little sis has definitely earned a makeover for this space! Congrats to her on both fronts :)

The Pink Clutch said...

You know I adore you and to be able to do this with you is just way too much fun!! xo, Paige

Unknown said...

Oh this is going to be good, good, good - like banana pudding good! seriously, how good does that sound!:) xx

Mary Beth at www.mbzinteriors.com said...

It's going to look wonderful, your sister sounds like a beautiful person who deserves a beautiful house.

Cindy said...

Can't wait! You will dominate all that pine! This is gonna be good...

Cindy

Back to Top