BOTANICALS





Good Lord you guys.....I gotta tell ya my computer is giving me hives.  I spent all week curating my ORC post so it was perfect.  I kept editing and adding so I could tell the story with interest.

I was excited to get up Wednesday morning and all I had to do was push "publish" right?  Well 5 seconds later I get an email from Linda [girl is on it] telling me to add the link list for everyone else.

I am scratching my head as I view my post and realize in shock that it had published my first draft.  WTH....is this a cruel joke?  Am I being "punked"?

Crikey I had to edit it as quickly as I could and get it back out there plus I had somewhere to be [which is why I did it early].

Life can be tricky sometimes huh?

When I posted the picture of those botanicals many of you were like "where can I get them?"  Since they were purchased about 7 years ago I did some research for you and here is what I came up with.

First I went to Ballard Designs.




I love the black background of these.....



So many good options.

OK...these aren't botanicals but they are pretty cool for impact!


Then I headed over to Art.com and lookey lookey......



I found a gob of these.....
Some of them are the exact ones that were used in my post.

  I am reminded that botanicals are classic and always will be.  Not to sound like a broken record but I have had these for 15 years and even though they aren't in my LR anymore I am still using them in my guest room.

Of course while I was browsing the Ballard site I saw a few new items that caught my eye like these velvet pillows!







I saw that Element of Style did a good post on botanicals recently.....here

And you might have noticed my new look!  I got in touch with Shari from Little Blue Deer to update my website and just decided to fluff up my blog a the same time.  She is the best!

Hope y'all have a great weekend.  I will be working on my ORC room so I can have a little something to post about next Wednesday!

I am so behind in everything:)

Shaneedtogetfocused

#damnquick





11 comments

Linda Pakravan said...

Oh man do I know your tech pain but every post makes me laugh! Thanks, I needed it!

Theresa said...

I love the new site! But I don't see a search box. I was just looking for your drapery hardware post.

Kathysue said...

The vry first thing I noticed was the blog header, Wow your blog looks fantastic! Love it! I am a big fan of botanicals as well and you showed some great examples. My hard drive went down a week ago so I had to get a new computer with windows 10 at first I was kicking and screaming and now I am fine, but computer troubles are the pits! Have a good day and hope you catch up, but busy in this business is good. I am off to our new house today to take a few things before the BIG move.

Anonymous said...

Girl you and those pillows and hives! My dream man is a cumputer geek..Ha! Have a good one.

Nancy said...

Sorry about your computer troubles but excited for you about your website updates. Looks beautiful. Hope its ok to post a link here...I found a couple of great treasure troves for DIY art including botanicals like ... http://alwaysinasouthernstateofmind.blogspot.com/2013/11/pretty-prints.html

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I just sent out a post with a typo in the title...when I corrected it, all the email folks got a bad link to a page that doesn't exist. Just when I think I am getting the hang of things. Love all your sources for the botanicals...thank you.

Carrie said...

I like the new look! I keep hearing myself say "crikey" and attribute it to you. :) Botanical prints are such a classic. In fact, I just recommended them to a client. Thanks for these links, you just made my job a whole lot easier!

home decor said...

Looks lovely to put on the wall as home interior.

Picnic Benches said...

Lovely post! Love all your sources for the botanicals. Looks great in your home. Thanks for sharing!

Aura Modern Bedrooms | King Beds Perth said...

Those prints are classic but never fail to impress. I also love botanical designs and they seem to fit in different areas of a house. Thanks for sharing!

Doreen Simmons said...

My mom did something similar with all the leaves in her garden. She picked and then pressed and dried them and about a year later she framed them. She did it on white paper and filled out cards to put in the frames with the scientific name and the used name and a few other facts. She still has them.

Doreen Simmons @ Tiffany Hanken Design

Back to Top