PHOTO SHOOT




If you follow me on Instagram then you heard the news!  The project that I have been working on for the last year was photographed last week for one of my favorite magazines.....Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles.

It was shot by Erica George Dines who also shot a project I did 12 years ago for AH&L.


She is the ultimate professional.....sometimes taking 15 minutes to perfect a shot asking each of us to also take a look and make sure everything is good.


It was 2 very long days....I had my Fit Bit on and did 23,000 steps in one day.  Boom!


I took a few detail shots......




I spent 2 days before the shoot ironing all of the bedding so it was crisp:)





This is Michael's [Michael Ladisic Fine Homes] personal home [his 4th in our neighborhood!] and the 3rd one that I have worked on.
It took over a year to build and the detailing is amazing.  He was very involved with the design and put together quite the team starting with Matthew Quinn for the kitchen, Architect Linda MacArthur and landscape designer Graham Pittman & Assoc. 

I think he bought every boxwood in the city.



Erica was joined by the  editor of AH&L Elizabeth Ralls,  Blake Dowling Weeks [who did all of the flowers and helped style] and the talented Eleanor Roper.....stylist extraordinar.  

 
I learned so much just watching her.  Talk about edit.  I went home and looked at my house through new eyes. Crikey.....what a hot mess. 

Anyway......the good news is that it's going to be in the January issue.....Merry Christmas to me:)

Alrighty then......it's Friday.  I am damn happy about that.

Shayfab




29 comments

Carrie said...

Stunning!!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you! (And as a FitBit lover, holy steps!!!)

Dana Frieling said...

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sherry!! That's wonderful and a wonderful experience for you.

Kim said...

I am so excited to see this ... everything you have teased us with over the past year has been DELICIOUS!! Congrats my friend!!

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

So well deserved. Congrats talented lady!!

Emily A. Clark said...

Yippee! Well deserved after all of that bed ironing...

Karena said...

Congratulations Sherry, I a very impressed and excited for you!!
Cannot wait to seethe feature!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Autumn Artistry!

Erika@Blulabel Bungalow said...

Couldn't happen to a more deserving person! Love you so much Sherry! Congratulations!!

Linda Pakravan said...

Congratulations! Beautiful work!

My Notting Hill said...

Congratulations!!!! So well deserved. The snippets of the room look amazing. Love the art and that mohair chair, beautiful.

astridkorporaal said...

This is just stunning! Congratulations!

pixelimpress said...

congratulations sherry!!! i somehow missed your instagram announcement. can't wait to see the issue!! pam

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

Congratulations, Sherry! So, SO well deserved! xoxo

A Perfect Gray said...

congrats babe. your work is the BEST. donna

Unknown said...

Congratulations on such a fabulous design job Sherry! I can't wait to see the whole thing and stop all this teasing! I can appreciate all your hard work AND IRONING. Hope the dog got in the issue! xxoNancy

Amber B Design said...

Sherry, that is amazing news!! I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to see it. I know it will be beautiful. Have a great weekend!!

Victoria said...

Now I am especially happy I just subscribed to Atlanta Home. I so look forward to seeing your feature article. Congratulations. The recognition is well deserved. XO, Victoria

Naz said...

Congratulations. This is certainly a feather in your cap as the expression goes. Well done.

TexaninAlabama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TexaninAlabama said...

I'm trying to learn the fine art of editing, seems to be a slow process for me! Can't wait to see the article! Congrats again!

Holly Irwin Fine Art said...

Hi Sherry, Way to go!! Congratulations, I look forward to seeing the article! Two days ironing sheets......very impressive:)

Kristal Simel said...

Do you do beautiful work. Have admired you for years. Congratulations!

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Beautiful job, Sherry! Congrats!! xo

designchic said...

We are THRILLED for you Sherry and well deserved recognition for one of our favorite talents in a favorite magazine!! Love seeing the snippets of the rooms and can't wait to see it all in print...so exciting!!

debra @ 5th and state said...

well done & well deserved, cannot wait to see the issue! AHL IS SMART TO INCLUDE YOU! CONGRATS
DEBRA

patio garden furniture said...

Well done! You're very talented. Congratulations!

Pink Camellias said...

What great news - congratulations! I can't wait to get the January issue!

decor said...

Splendid job! Love it.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That is so exciting Sherry - congratulations!!

Back to Top